Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > The all new Dyson DC26 "Japan"

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Acerone

The all new Dyson DC26 "Japan"
Original Message   Mar 13, 2009 5:05 pm
Dyson Japan

This message was modified Mar 14, 2009 by Acerone
Replies: 121 - 130 of 159Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Re: The all new Dyson DC26 "Japan"
Reply #121   Jan 23, 2010 2:36 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Dib-ster:

It does make for a nice bookend.

Carmine D.

It’s not a bookend, it’s a trophy--it represents victory!  Japan is full of mini choke-fast vacuums, so dismissing the [mini] Dyson City DC26 with it’s exclusive hard-to-choke technologies is pure stupidity.

Dyson Invents Big

CarmineD

Reply #122   Jan 23, 2010 3:17 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
It’s not a bookend, it’s a trophy--it represents victory!  Japan is full of mini choke-fast vacuums, so dismissing the [mini] Dyson City DC26 with it’s exclusive hard-to-choke technologies is pure stupidity.

Dyson Invents Big

Dib-ster:

Yes, trophy...vacuum dys-trophy.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #123   Jan 24, 2010 6:41 am
Severus wrote:
Do you have to empty the dirt canister after each 30 seconds of operation?

SEVERUS:

The interesting historical perspective of the last 100 years in the vacuum industry is that the baby/ junior vacuums,[ sticks and hand vacs excluded],  that were successful always had dirt capacities comparable to their full size counterparts.  IMHO, this feature gave them the acceptance and recognition by users/buyers to make them contenders and winners.  ORECK learned this lesson too with its 8 pound lightweight.  Others followed suit. 

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #124   Jan 25, 2010 2:10 pm
Anyone remember Model2?  He's the UK collector, historian and enthusiast Cameron burnt out (here).  He has lots of pics, thoughts and videos on his blog.  He has the Dyson City DC26 there too.

http://www.dustfluffgrit.blogspot.com/
This message was modified Jan 25, 2010 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #125   Jan 25, 2010 2:19 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Anyone remember Model2?  He's the UK collector, historian and enthusiast Cameron burnt out (here).  He has lots of pics, thoughts and videos on his blog.  He has the Dyson City DC26 there too.

Dib-ster:

As the saying goes, if you play with fire, you are liable to get burned.  Free will is a person's own choice.  No one makes somebody do something he/she doesn't want to do.   In your case, you can't even do something you want to do [like stop posting here].  I believe you warned us here on several occasions that you planned a sabbatical from posting.  Promises, promises and/or threats, threats? 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jan 25, 2010 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #126   Jan 25, 2010 3:24 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Dib-ster:

As the saying goes, if you play with fire, you are liable to get burned.  Free will is a person's own choice.  No one makes somebody do something he/she doesn't want to do.   In your case, you can't even do something you want to do [like stop posting here].  I believe you warned us here on several occasions that you planned a sabbatical from posting.  Promises, promises and/or threats, threats? 

Carmine D.

Oh I think there is room for another point of view than just listening to bad-mouthing of Dyson part-swappers.

Dyson Invents Big

Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #127   Jan 25, 2010 6:25 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:

Model2 can speak for himself.    Given Carmine's extensive experience with vacuums, he isn't the type to parrot a company's press release without skepticism.  

by the way, I suspect a lightweight Oreck would have about the same footprint as the Dyson city, and it would clean carpeting better than a suction only Dyson. 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
CarmineD

Reply #128   Jan 25, 2010 7:20 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Oh I think there is room for another point of view [than just listening to bad-mouthing of Dyson part-swappers].

Dyson Invents Big

Or a dyson only [read bagless] vacuum advocate/enthusiast.  Note I didn't use shill but surely it fits the description of your posts.  Along with paid employee/family relative.

Carmine D.

procare

Reply #129   Jan 25, 2010 7:44 pm
When I went to the website and read about and then saw the brushroll in the turbine brush I was amazed. For a cleaner that will hit UK at about $400 US or $249.99 GBP. It looks to be not worth it. The brushroll looks cheap for a cleaner at that price.  To the  people of the UK it might suit their fancy but not here in the USA.      Time will tell.  Size is 205X320X266 mm.  In Japan Turbie Head DC-26 $750 . Turbine Head  Complete $850 and High end $ 900. 250,000 predicted to sell in one year.

Procare        

This message was modified Jan 25, 2010 by procare
DysonInventsBig

Reply #130   Jan 25, 2010 9:06 pm
Severus wrote:
Model2 can speak for himself.    Given Carmine's extensive experience with vacuums, he isn't the type to parrot a company's press release without skepticism.  

by the way, I suspect a lightweight Oreck would have about the same footprint as the Dyson city, and it would clean carpeting better than a suction only Dyson. 

I believe Carmine has many followers outside of here and they are lookin for a good Carmine train-wreck...I'm just a facilitator.

Please!  Oreck is a proven technological failure...  Their claim to fame is ‘Assembled in America,’ but I wonder how many Americans are doing the assemblies?  I think it would be a riot to go to Oreck Assembly and holler ‘Immigration!, Immigration!’ and watch Oreck’s ‘Assembled in America’ scatter.

Dyson Invents Big

Replies: 121 - 130 of 159Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42