JIBBERS

A winner?
Original Message   Oct 7, 2009 7:08 am
http://www.vaxmachair.co.uk/
Replies: 35 - 37 of 37Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
vacmanuk

Re: A winner?
Reply #35   Jan 17, 2010 5:19 pm
Venson. If that was the case then the Hoover Slalom would have failed the pick up test - it too has a suction dial on the bottom similar to Electrolux suction valve dials and the Slalom picked up perfectly. The video showed that whilst the Electrolux picked up practically everything, only a couple of flecks were left behind. I dont doubt the power of the Professional but I do agree with you, the drum roll isn't particularly effective - the brush roll strips themselves are very thin in height compared to the Dyson and the Hoover.
CarmineD

Reply #36   Jan 18, 2010 6:43 am
vacmanuk wrote:
Venson. If that was the case then the Hoover Slalom would have failed the pick up test - it too has a suction dial on the bottom similar to Electrolux suction valve dials and the Slalom picked up perfectly. The video showed that whilst the Electrolux picked up practically everything, only a couple of flecks were left behind. I dont doubt the power of the Professional but I do agree with you, the drum roll isn't particularly effective - the brush roll strips themselves are very thin in height compared to the Dyson and the Hoover.

Perhaps a beater bar/two would assist the brush roll to go from Winner?  to Winner!

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #37   Jan 19, 2010 2:03 pm
Absolutely Carmine, but then again even if Electrolux added longer bristles I'm sure the performance could have been better. Even with brushes set in a chevron design without beaters added, performance can be better.
Replies: 35 - 37 of 37Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42