Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

VDTA 2010
Original Message   Jan 8, 2010 8:43 am
Tho a couple of months away, the VDTA is slotted for Vegas this year AND central vacuum systems, tho relatively new venue to the vacuum trade organization, are getting increased emphasis.

Carmine D.

Replies: 1 - 10 of 63NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
retardturtle1

Re: VDTA 2010
Reply #1   Jan 8, 2010 6:35 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Tho a couple of months away, the VDTA is slotted for Vegas this year AND central vacuum systems, tho relatively new venue to the vacuum trade organization, are getting increased emphasis.

Carmine D.

HI CARMINE

My boss/owner of the shop i work at goes every year.....ive been invited many times but....my anniversary and family vacation in the same month...so its a no go .

Vegas is a wonderful place....somewhat magical.....great memories.

Ive been to some of the local shows around here and have noticed a few more cent vac booths every year.....along with better demos ...interaction with the customer/public has also improved compared to previous years.....altho iv never been a fan of them and prefer an upright .....i see where they are beneficial to those with breathing problems.

turtle1

CarmineD

Reply #2   Jan 9, 2010 7:10 am
retardturtle1 wrote:
HI CARMINE

My boss/owner of the shop i work at goes every year.....ive been invited many times but....my anniversary and family vacation in the same month...so its a no go .

Vegas is a wonderful place....somewhat magical.....great memories.

Ive been to some of the local shows around here and have noticed a few more cent vac booths every year.....along with better demos ...interaction with the customer/public has also improved compared to previous years.....altho iv never been a fan of them and prefer an upright .....i see where they are beneficial to those with breathing problems.

turtle1

Hi turtle1:

Add great deals now too!  Great place to visit/vacation.

Inside info here claimed that the Prez was suppose to visit the new City Center complex during the First Family's Christmas vacation in Hawaii.  In part to congratulate Senate Reid for the success in the Senate with passing a Health Care Bill and because the City Center complex just opened in Las Vegas.  It employed 12,000 construction workers and now about 10,000 employees.   Cost billions.  Secret Service did the scrub down days before, all of which was unannounced and unreported.   I suspect the Christmas Day airplane bomber changed the Presidential plans.

Perhaps the influx of and experience with bagless has had a beneficial impact on CVS for vacuum consumers.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jan 9, 2010 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #3   Mar 14, 2010 8:16 pm
News and print reports show 3500 attendees are planned for the VDTA Convention in Las Vegas this week.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #4   Mar 15, 2010 12:39 am
Wouldn’t it be a fair assessment to assume most vacuum manufacturers showing at VDTA will be selling two types of vacuum cleaners... 1) Those made with tired off the shelf parts and designs, and 2) those made to look like they were made with Dyson parts and designs?

Dyson Invents Big

Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #5   Mar 15, 2010 1:05 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Wouldn’t it be a fair assessment to assume most vacuum manufacturers showing at VDTA will be selling two types of vacuum cleaners... 1) Those made with tired off the shelf parts and designs, and 2) those made to look like they were made with Dyson parts and designs?

Dyson Invents Big

Dustmite,

The answer to your question is NO. 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
DysonInventsBig

Reply #6   Mar 15, 2010 4:01 am

DysonInventsBig wrote:

Dyson Invents Big

Severus wrote:
Dustmite,

Venson,

Please, elaborate.  Here is the link to U.S. Patent Applications, would you care to show us?...

http://appft1.uspto.gov/netahtml/PTO/search-adv.html
This message was modified Mar 15, 2010 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #7   Mar 15, 2010 7:59 am

DysonInventsBig wrote:

Dyson Invents Big

DysonInventsBig wrote:

Venson,

Please, elaborate.  Here is the link to U.S. Patent Applications, would you care to show us?...

Severus wrote:

Dustmite,

I have to agree with Severus on this for a few reasons.  First, Consumer Reports for vacuums going back several years before dyson even hit the USA shores list 5 major vacuum brands with assorted models in uprights and canisters that are and were bagless at the time.  Bagless is dyson's only claim to fame that has beared fruit in the US in the big box store sales venues.  Second, dyson is not a big seller [repairs and parts business only] in USA independent vacuum cleaner stores whose owners/workers will be represented at the VDTA/SDTA: i.e. the backbone of the USA vacuum cleaner industry.  Third, dyson's vacuum market share [whether dollar/unit] in the USA is and has been decreasing year over year to sales of less expensive bagless brand competitors.  All these vacuum brands which are taking away bagless sales from dyson were here in the USA before dyson. 

The latter is a serious short, mid and longterm problem for dyson especially with its main USA sales venues: big box stores.  Dyson vacuum products are rapidly becoming a niche seller in the USA.  Niche is not the best product for big box store venues in the USA, especially in the current economy.  But, on a good note, this fall off in US dyson vacuum sales gives James Dyson and his staff more time to explore other personal and professional interests:  The state of affairs of education in the UK, fans with hidden blades, and posting on the internet.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Mar 15, 2010 by CarmineD
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #8   Mar 15, 2010 11:02 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Venson,

Dustmite,

There's no need for anyone to elaborate.   Your statements were dishonest and misleading.    Given that you only recognize "innovation" if it's associated with Dyson, you fail to recognize improvements and innovation in other brands.    Many of Dyson's "innovative features" are features that consumers do NOT want.  I think it was Mole who said something like: the Dyson Ball was Dyson's answer to a question that no one asked.    While you might consider the long hose built into the handle an innovative feature, I consider it to be a nuisance.  I like the Shark Navigator's tool set up a lot better.  And most Dyson vacuums, with the exception of the DC28, are mediocre at the vacuum's most important function - cleaning carpeting.  They Dyson Zorb was the highest priced and lowest scoring product for cleaning carpeting - is that innovation to you?

Innovative would be a fundamental change in how consumers vacuum.  One could argue that irobot is much more innovative than Dyson because they have fundamentally changed how some people operate a vacuum.   Dyson's major claim to fame is the dirt collection system.  While constant suction is notable, you pay a price in that Dyson requires you to get up and personal with the filth collected by the vacuum. 

Using Consumer Reports tests for comparative purposes, even with Dyson's supposed "innovations", they function no better than many vacuums costing less than 1/2 their price.   If and when Dyson creates a vacuum that scores "excellent" in the CR ratings (i.e. 81 to 100 - preferably 90/100 if I'm to be impressed), then I'll consider Dyson to be innovative.   Innovation only matters if it improves the quality of life of the end consumers.  While Dyson owners might save money on bags, they pay for it by having to empty a small dirt canister more frequently. 

This message was modified Mar 15, 2010 by Severus

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
DysonInventsBig

Reply #9   Mar 15, 2010 11:52 am
Severus wrote:
Dustmite,

There's no need for anyone to elaborate.   Your statements were dishonest and misleading.    Given that you only recognize "innovation" if it's associated with Dyson, you fail to recognize improvements and innovation in other brands.    Many of Dyson's "innovative features" are features that consumers do NOT want.  I think it was Mole who said something like: the Dyson Ball was Dyson's answer to a question that no one asked.    While you might consider the long hose built into the handle an innovative feature, I consider it to be a nuisance.  I like the Shark Navigator's tool set up a lot better.  And most Dyson vacuums, with the exception of the DC28, are mediocre at the vacuum's most important function - cleaning carpeting.  They Dyson Zorb was the highest priced and lowest scoring product for cleaning carpeting - is that innovation to you?

Innovative would be a fundamental change in how consumers vacuum.  One could argue that irobot is much more innovative than Dyson because they have fundamentally changed how some people operate a vacuum.   Dyson's major claim to fame is the dirt collection system.  While constant suction is notable, you pay a price in that Dyson requires you to get up and personal with the filth collected by the vacuum. 

Using Consumer Reports tests for comparative purposes, even with Dyson's supposed "innovations", they function no better than many vacuums costing less than 1/2 their price.   If and when Dyson creates a vacuum that scores "excellent" in the CR ratings (i.e. 81 to 100 - preferably 90/100 if I'm to be impressed), then I'll consider Dyson to be innovative.   Innovation only matters if it improves the quality of life of the end consumers.  While Dyson owners might save money on bags, they pay for it by having to empty a small dirt canister more frequently. 

Oh Venson,

I never tire of your long winded personal views and many unsubstantiated claims.  Since the economy is on the minds of many posters here, I thought I’d toss out to the dealers...  Save money, stay home cause the tired non-Dyson vacuum cleaner will remain the same. Year over year, it’s more of the same...  Chokers and Dyosn’s - will be at the wildly-exciting VDTA.

Dyson Invents Big

Venson

Reply #10   Mar 15, 2010 12:13 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Oh Venson,

I never tire of your long winded personal views and many unsubstantiated claims.  Since the economy is on the minds of many posters here, I thought I’d toss out to the dealers...  Save money, stay home cause the tired non-Dyson vacuum cleaner will remain the same. Year over year, it’s more of the same...  Chokers and Dyosn’s - will be at the wildly-exciting VDTA.

Dyson Invents Big

Hiya DIB.  You're calling my name again.  Guess you must miss me, huh?

Love and kisses,

Venson

Replies: 1 - 10 of 63NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42