Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

VDTA 2010
Original Message   Jan 8, 2010 8:43 am
Tho a couple of months away, the VDTA is slotted for Vegas this year AND central vacuum systems, tho relatively new venue to the vacuum trade organization, are getting increased emphasis.

Carmine D.

Replies: 44 - 53 of 63Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Venson

Re: VDTA 2010
Reply #44   May 1, 2010 9:17 am
vacomatic wrote:
A large local vac chain here in Oregon that carries Sebo told me they may not carry the D series because "today there are too many high end canisters in the marketplace". 
However, the C series was/is looking dated compared to the current and upgraded Mieles.  Also glad to hear Sebo's finally offering a filtrette style bag in a canister.

At least Sebo did not make the mistake Miele did with the S5 series and put a filtrette bag in an undersized dust chamber, resulting in dust leakage and clogging of the HEPA filter.
That's never been a problem with the older Blue Moon I use.

The S5s?  I don't whom it was that told you that but the high filtration bags I've been using in my S5980 Capricorn have not ever leaked. My cleaner is moving on toward two years of age and the biggest part of my worries about bags is paying for them.

In any event, the bag chamber is clean as a whistle.  That's the first thing I look for with any vacuum I use because a clean bag chamber is a sure indicator that a very  good part of what you pick up is and will be captured. Thus, I don't havew to give a thought to whether significant quantities of dust or dirt are gathering on motor componsnts.  The pre-filter and HEPA are clean too.  My S5 series machine is probably the only bagged cannister that I've owned that compares to Filter Queen -- my personal benchmark -- for best in show dust retention.

Miele had the foresight to place a fill-tube that fits into the bag collar and eliminates the blowback issue found in the less expensive but good Kenmore I might well have bought..  Kenmore yet insists on depending on the pressure seal between the lid and the bag holder to defeat leakage at the bag collar and it doesn't work well as it could.   Though not a major issue, one would think that someone would have started thinking about the matter as soon as they'd thought about upping their prices.

The Kenmore problem is best dealt with by not letting disposable bags get beyond the three-fourths full point.  On the other hand the generously sized bag in my Capricorn keeps me going.  Its inner layers contain dirt well but still allow good airflow until the bag is full.

Venson

vacmanuk

Reply #45   May 2, 2010 7:12 am
vacomatic wrote:
A large local vac chain here in Oregon that carries Sebo told me they may not carry the D series because "today there are too many high end canisters in the marketplace". 
However, the C series was/is looking dated compared to the current and upgraded Mieles.  Also glad to hear Sebo's finally offering a filtrette style bag in a canister.

At least Sebo did not make the mistake Miele did with the S5 series and put a filtrette bag in an undersized dust chamber, resulting in dust leakage and clogging of the HEPA filter.
That's never been a problem with the older Blue Moon I use.

Well as you say the C series was/is looking dated. If they sell the C series high enough i.e. if they get enough sales or have done already, then the D is the natural replacement and they may well have to sell it by demand as the C series will stop production sooner or later. I've never bothered with the C series on the grounds that my Miele S571 has already taken that spot of being a larger cylinder vacuum cleaner even though it uses the smaller F/J/M bags and I have never come across the dust leaking situation on general S500 models. Also the S571 is 1 kg lighter than the C series which is why I've never been taken with it. I do like the fact that the C series used the same bag as the X series and it is a pity that the D series uses an independently designed bag just for the model. It remains to be seen if the D series bags will be used for future models such as an upright vacuum cleaner. Sebo say that they have no intentions to update the current line up, but one never knows with the company - they play very strongly to their heart when it comes to model launches.

As for the S5's problem - i.e.e S5000 range which uses the larger dust bag - this is not a problem that I have heard about  - in theory it is possible that consumers have been confused by using the bigger G series bags in the smaller S500 dust bin and that could by design push dirt out.
This message was modified May 2, 2010 by vacmanuk
Lucky1

Reply #46   May 3, 2010 11:19 am
I will venture to say the bag leak is user error. However I will say it's not totally unreasonable to have user error with the new bags. Since the new bags have come with that hinged cap they POP out of the holder on some models whenever the Compartment Lid is opened. Sometimes SO slightly that the user will not notice. When the user closes the lid, the collar on the lid does not slide into the bag opening correctly and may even creese it, allowing air flow to circumvent the bag. This results in a dirty compartment. NOTE: Always reseat the bag into its holder after opening the lid.
vacmanuk

Reply #47   May 31, 2010 5:43 am
SEBO have now put on English to describe their latest D series cylinder vacs.

For the D4 for example:

"...The SEBO AIRBELT D4 is equipped with a lot of extras which make your life easier. A cleaning range of 15.5 meters provides more flexibility. The 6l filter bag carries more. The optimized air flow and the tapered hose give more suction. The variable suction control in the ergonomic handle offers more convenience. The new illuminated power display with LED performance indicators shows the suction power. It rotates slowly at the lowest level and faster at the highest level.

Of course the SEBO AIRBELT D4 includes all SEBO standards and quality „Made in Germany”: high class S-class filtration, patented SEBO AIRBELT, versatile turning swivel neck, variable telescopic tube, integrated bag change indicator, gentle soft-start system. The SEBO AIRBELT D4 is additionally equipped with the high quality stainless steel telescopic tube. The quality construction and the ergonomic design show that SEBO stresses optimum function and longevity. Therefore the SEBO AIRBELT D4 is extremely cost-effective in use.

The design of the SEBO AIRBELT D differs clearly from the other SEBO models. In collaboration with the designer Prof. Achim Heine a new striking shape has been created: it is purposeful, stylish and unique. Two fundamental geometric shapes, a circle and a square, are united. The design epitomises the classic way of engineering which looks for the optimum form for the function. It is contrary to most other models where form inhibits function. The designer Prof. Achim Heine teaches “Product design” at the University of Arts in Berlin.

15.5 m cleaning range– for more manoeuvrability
6 l filter bag – for more capacity, economic in use
Illuminated power display with LED performance indicators
High quality stainless steel telescopic tube
Optimized air flow and tapered hose – for more suction
Variable suction control in the ergonomic handle
Includes the innovative SEBO KOMBI
3 integrated attachments on board– for more cleaning options..."

Further reading from the manual shows Sebo installing a slow turn on the rotary dial on the main body for slow suction and faster turn for faster suction.
Hertz

Reply #48   Jul 6, 2010 6:53 pm
By looking at their online manual, it says the airflow for their highest end model is only 45 liters/second, which equates to 95.349 CFM per http://www.onlineconversion.com/flow_rate_volume.htm. Their C-series has 170 CFM! That's nearly TWICE the cleaning power, right?! This is kind of worrying me on the performance aspect here 0_o. Anyone care to chime in? Maybe the suction and airflow together on this new machine will equal or beat the C-series. That's certainly my hope and guess. Has anyone used these yet? If so, what do you think of the performance?
vacmanuk

Reply #49   Jul 6, 2010 8:58 pm
The C series had a 1500 watt maximum motor. D series 1 and 2 has Eco friendly 1600 watt motors (*naturally they're going to be stronger than the C series) whilst the top level ones are 2100 watt, same as the K series.  I got mine the other day. You'll have to wait for the review though!
Hertz

Reply #50   Jul 7, 2010 7:58 am
vacmanuk wrote:
The C series had a 1500 watt maximum motor. D series 1 and 2 has Eco friendly 1600 watt motors (*naturally they're going to be stronger than the C series) whilst the top level ones are 2100 watt, same as the K series.  I got mine the other day. You'll have to wait for the review though!

You DO realize that just because it draws more wattage does NOT equal better performance, correct? It's still a bit disconcerting about their airflow ratings and it being basically half of what the C-series is, HOWEVER, again, that could just be all irrelevant numbers due to the a combination of the suction and possibly more HEAVY airflow (from stronger suction) equating just as good if not better performance. However, I'm very confident that due to it being Sebo they will only provide the near-highest or HIGHEST possible quality product, which I'm hoping is the case, but I'll wait for your review to confirm. SWEET! Can't wait! Just BE SURE to include pictures!!!! :D
vacmanuk

Reply #51   Jul 7, 2010 9:29 am
Hertz wrote:
You DO realize that just because it draws more wattage does NOT equal better performance, correct? It's still a bit disconcerting about their airflow ratings and it being basically half of what the C-series is, HOWEVER, again, that could just be all irrelevant numbers due to the a combination of the suction and possibly more HEAVY airflow (from stronger suction) equating just as good if not better performance. However, I'm very confident that due to it being Sebo they will only provide the near-highest or HIGHEST possible quality product, which I'm hoping is the case, but I'll wait for your review to confirm. SWEET! Can't wait! Just BE SURE to include pictures!!!! :D

I dont tend to put on photos really. No point in that- otherwise I'd make a video - and I may do that in time.

Frankly I dont care much as to how much suction the machine draws out. I'm disappointed that SEBO have not stuck with the X bags though, The new D series uses a new bag designed only for this model. Always felt that it was from a better point of view to have the old X bag in the C cylinder as a matter of cost cutting but one that works well given the sales of the X model and availability of the bags. SEBO is not about offering the highest quality, Hertz, they are a design engineering company first and foremost.
Hertz

Reply #52   Jul 8, 2010 12:06 am
vacmanuk wrote:
I dont tend to put on photos really. No point in that- otherwise I'd make a video - and I may do that in time.

Frankly I dont care much as to how much suction the machine draws out. I'm disappointed that SEBO have not stuck with the X bags though, The new D series uses a new bag designed only for this model. Always felt that it was from a better point of view to have the old X bag in the C cylinder as a matter of cost cutting but one that works well given the sales of the X model and availability of the bags. SEBO is not about offering the highest quality, Hertz, they are a design engineering company first and foremost.

I think it's *GREAT* that they're going with a a bigger capacity which should ultimately equal lest cost to the consumer because instead of having to buy multiple smaller bags with all that plastic on them, you'll just be buying one BIGGER bag with just one set of plastic bits and bobs on the top for sealing and dispensing. Sure they design and engineer, but one of their main goals to offer HIGH quality products, and for the money you spend, I would say they're some of the highest quality out there, which is obviously their intent then. I would say, again, they both tie into each other in this case; design/engineering/quality. Please do a video soon then!
Actionvac

Reply #53   Aug 11, 2010 4:19 pm
Using a basic Kirby flo meter the Miele pulls about 20 percent more airflo despit the 170 cu ft claim, I sell both, sorry I know this started as the vdta thread which I skipped this year
Replies: 44 - 53 of 63Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42