Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > whatever happened to the Rainbow enthusiasts

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

whatever happened to the Rainbow enthusiasts
Original Message   Dec 18, 2009 5:22 pm
Looking back over the past year, one thing conspicuously absent from this forum is a rabid Rainbow enthusiast.  Perhaps it is difficult to justify the outrageous price of these door to door wonders.   To some extent, a Rainbow owner has to believe in the Rainbow sales pitch and doesn't want to be confronted with any negative information about the Rainbow.    I also noticed that overstock.com is no longer selling the refurbished Rainbow SE's with the Wesselwerks small power nozzles.    Given the economy, it's got to be tough selling $2000+ vacuums - even if they can purify one's home. 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
Replies: 58 - 67 of 161Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: whatever happened to the Rainbow enthusiasts
Reply #58   Jan 7, 2010 6:34 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine,

You opened your mouth and said Dyson is a copy of the Newcombe and you’ve provided no proof.

You opened your mouth and said Dyson copied or stole from Kenneth J. and you’ve provided no proof.

You’re amusing and create many exchanges here, but calling my favorite living inventor, a self-made man, a philanthropist and inventor-ambassador a thief was...  idiotic.  You’ve also got a big head for a man who’s contributed little.

Dyson Invents Big

Dib-ster:

I never made any claim to be an inventor and contribute anything.  I'm not the subject of the thread.  Sir James and dyson's pitch is superior to his products.  Plenty of facts have been provided to support this.  When confronted with these facts you resort to name calling and hide your head in the sand.  A childish response.  Indicative that you have no facts at hand to argue against.

Carmine D. 

CarmineD

Reply #59   Jan 7, 2010 6:48 am
Venson wrote:
Hi procare,

Fine substances like soot and plaster dust are no-nos for any vacuum other than a shop vac.  Either will clog up a household vacuum in short order and may also do damage.  There are now speciality vacuums for households with flues and fireplaces to clean.  They even handle hot ash without much problem.

Prior to the models with airpaths that by-pass the motor, I accidentally picked up some powdered laundry detergent with a D2.  The motor started to sputter when the suds were sucked up into it.  I unplugged it and then let it sit for several days until I felt sure it had dried out.

As for pine tree needls, if one of the end fittings on your canister hose is straight you can try using a broom handle to GENTLY break up the blockage.  You can also try an undone wire coat hanger as a "snake".  Be sure that the working end is bent to avoid accidental perforation of your hose and, better yet, try a little duct tape to cover the end of the hanger to avoid snagging any internal wiring, etc., in electrified vacuum hoses.  My best advice, is to first use a broom to collect the major part of fallen pine needles and then use your vacuum to quickly get rid of any residual.  Whooshing up a smal amount of pine needles is not bad but avoid going after the long ones. 

Uprights may be the simpler to deal if their airpaths are short and uncomplicated.ee your user guide.)   Remove the base plate and removable components composing the dirt path and start digging.  Also note that this king of better done outdoors or over lots of newspaper.

Venson

Venson, SEVERUS:

I recall at least one instance when a user with a Shop Vac and only a foam filter, no paper, cleaned the soot/ashes from a chimney.   A good deal ended up back in the air/room before the user realized something was seriously wrong: No filter over the foam covering.  The room clean up job was worse than the chimney clean up job.

Carmine D.

Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #60   Jan 7, 2010 10:01 am
procare wrote:
DIB,

I don't know why you are always picking on us about remarks made on this thread about  historical facts.  The little notation ( the first " Dyson") was made by Tom Gasko , Curator of the Vacuum  Cleaner Mueseum at Tacony Manufacturing. It is out of part of an article on Rexair (Rainbow) history. So before you accuse anyone of no facts ask and it will be given.

Speaking of Tom Gasko, he used to talk about using various bagless vacuums to clean up the greasy charcoal ash from his grill, and if they didn't pass his test, he would take them back to Walmart for a refund.  Perhaps the Dyson user read his comments and assumed that he/she should be able to use a Dyson to clean up fireplace ash.  

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
DysonInventsBig

Reply #61   Jan 7, 2010 11:33 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine,

You opened your mouth and said Dyson is a copy of the Newcombe and you’ve provided no proof.

You opened your mouth and said Dyson copied or stole from Kenneth J. and you’ve provided no proof.

You’re amusing and create many exchanges here, but calling my favorite living inventor, a self-made man, a philanthropist and inventor-ambassador a thief was...  idiotic.  You’ve also got a big head for a man who’s contributed little.

Dyson Invents Big
CarmineD wrote:
Dib-ster:

I never made any claim to be an inventor and contribute anything.  I'm not the subject of the thread.  Sir James and dyson's pitch is superior to his products.  Plenty of facts have been provided to support this.  When confronted with these facts you resort to name calling and hide your head in the sand.  A childish response.  Indicative that you have no facts at hand to argue against.

Carmine D. 

Hey Carmine,

You forget we are from the same Belief (by proximity only), and it’s my job to go after ‘Believing’ liars.  I know you are only one man, but I know the vacuum dealer industry is loaded with many lying and conning men.  I’m hoping the public is reading these exchanges.  You’ve got an ego and I have no idea why.  You’ve contributed little to nothing to society to even earn an ego.

The forum has produce nothing to back your claims of James Dyson being an intellectual property thief or a bully to independent inventors.  The fact is he is just the opposite and this is demonstrable.  So where is your proof?

Dyson Invents Big

CarmineD

Reply #62   Jan 7, 2010 11:57 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Hey Carmine,

You forget we are from the same Belief (by proximity only), and it’s my job to go after ‘Believing’ liars.  I know you are only one man, but I know the vacuum dealer industry is loaded with many lying and conning men.  I’m hoping the public is reading these exchanges.  You’ve got an ego and I have no idea why.  You’ve contributed little to nothing to society to even earn an ego.

The forum has produce nothing to back your claims of James Dyson being an intellectual property thief or a bully to independent inventors.  The fact is he is just the opposite and this is demonstrable.  So where is your proof?

Dyson Invents Big

Dib-ster:

Dyson's pitch is superior to dyson products.  The proof is in the products' using. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #63   Jan 7, 2010 12:01 pm
Severus wrote:
Speaking of Tom Gasko, he used to talk about using various bagless vacuums to clean up the greasy charcoal ash from his grill, and if they didn't pass his test, he would take them back to Walmart for a refund.  Perhaps the Dyson user read his comments and assumed that he/she should be able to use a Dyson to clean up fireplace ash.  

Didn't my vacuum friend Tom G. allow a Kirby salesman to plug a new Sentria into a 220 V in his home to demo and then boast here that it fried the motor?  Wow.  Unbelievable.

Carmine D.

Lucky1

Reply #64   Jan 7, 2010 3:02 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine,

Dyson Invents Big

How old are you? Effusive Hero worship and Toady-ness is quite pathetic in an adult
DysonInventsBig

Reply #65   Jan 7, 2010 6:17 pm
Lucky1 wrote:
How old are you? Effusive Hero worship and Toady-ness is quite pathetic in an adult

I'm old enough to call out con men.  Pathetic? - Wouldn't that be a fitting descriptor to a failed [can't get it done] designer? 
This message was modified Jan 7, 2010 by DysonInventsBig

DysonInventsBig

Reply #66   Jan 7, 2010 6:31 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Dib-ster:

Dyson's pitch is superior to dyson products.  The proof is in the products' using. 

Carmine D.

Hey Carmine,

You’ve presented no demonstrable facts, and only slanderous words.  So it’s settled...  by definition, you’re an idiot.  Although a beloved idiot (by your peers).

Dyson Invents Big

Severus

Reply #67   Jan 8, 2010 12:34 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Hey Carmine,

You’ve presented no demonstrable facts, and only slanderous words.  So it’s settled...  by definition, you’re an idiot.  Although a beloved idiot (by your peers).

Dyson Invents Big

Dustmite,

Carmine has pointed out numerous deficiencies/design flaws in Dyson and other products.  He has also commented on the performance of his Dyson DC07.  He has commented on Dyson's performance in the rigorous Consumer Reports tests.  Are you so obtuse that you've forgotten these?   You mistakenly believe that any criticism of Dyson products is slanderous.   Dysons are decent vacuum cleaners, but they are no better than most vacuums on the market. 

Replies: 58 - 67 of 161Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42