Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > whatever happened to the Rainbow enthusiasts

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

whatever happened to the Rainbow enthusiasts
Original Message   Dec 18, 2009 5:22 pm
Looking back over the past year, one thing conspicuously absent from this forum is a rabid Rainbow enthusiast.  Perhaps it is difficult to justify the outrageous price of these door to door wonders.   To some extent, a Rainbow owner has to believe in the Rainbow sales pitch and doesn't want to be confronted with any negative information about the Rainbow.    I also noticed that overstock.com is no longer selling the refurbished Rainbow SE's with the Wesselwerks small power nozzles.    Given the economy, it's got to be tough selling $2000+ vacuums - even if they can purify one's home. 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
Replies: 41 - 50 of 161Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
procare

Re: whatever happened to the Rainbow enthusiasts
Reply #41   Jan 4, 2010 6:40 pm
DIB,

Centrifugal force and Cylonic actions work together to seperate dust and dirt. All vacuums use cyclonic action and centrifugal force. The Newcombe and Rexair it's predecessor use that seperator to to get cleaner air  thru it's motor. The main thing that hurt  Rexair before it started using water in the cleaner was the real fine dust like soot would go right back into the air ala Three Stooges and other comedians used in the mid 30's on. I am no Idiot like you that like to call people names. I have been nice to you and you think you are the only one here that knows anything.

When I brought out Newcombe it was part of Rainbow (Rexair) history. Your thoughts about it being a salad  spinner is proving you to be the Idiot not Carmine or anyone else on this thread. No one cut down Dyson as an Innovator but showed that there was someone there before him. Root was the inventor on the cyclonic end and Dyson put it to use in vacuum cleaners. An innovation not invention.

Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #42   Jan 5, 2010 12:48 am
CarmineD wrote:
Dib-ster:

PROCARE's post about Newcombe's 1922 bagless vacuum invention/patent rings true.  Sir James Dyson, an inventor extraordinaire according to you, copied a 1922 bagless vacuum patent/invention. 

Then, Sir James in his marketing pitch supposedly tests 5174 bagless prototypes, never once crediting Newcombe's patent, before finally perfecting the bagless upright.  Sir James Dyson takes all the credit.  Even claims all the knock offs are stealing from him.   Slick marketing reinventing and/or reinnovating truth.

Carmine D.

"Then I saw on top of a lumberyard this giant cyclone, and that gave me the idea to develop the cyclones—one of only a few filtration devices that don't have cloggable membranes. Even electrostatic filters can theoretically clog, but they don't even work in this application yet. The cyclone was on top of a factory, 30 ft. high, collecting sawdust all day long and losing suction."

James Dyson from Popular Mechanics interview:  http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/home_journal_news/4236719.html

Based on his comments, Rainbow actually did everything James wanted in a vacuum.  If James had had a Rainbow, he might have never bothered to go into the vacuum business.

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
CarmineD

Reply #43   Jan 5, 2010 7:10 am
procare wrote:
DIB,

Centrifugal force and Cylonic actions work together to seperate dust and dirt. All vacuums use cyclonic action and centrifugal force. The Newcombe and Rexair it's predecessor use that seperator to to get cleaner air  thru it's motor. The main thing that hurt  Rexair before it started using water in the cleaner was the real fine dust like soot would go right back into the air ala Three Stooges and other comedians used in the mid 30's on. I am no Idiot like you that like to call people names. I have been nice to you and you think you are the only one here that knows anything.

When I brought out Newcombe it was part of Rainbow (Rexair) history. Your thoughts about it being a salad  spinner is proving you to be the Idiot not Carmine or anyone else on this thread. No one cut down Dyson as an Innovator but showed that there was someone there before him. Root was the inventor on the cyclonic end and Dyson put it to use in vacuum cleaners. An innovation not invention.

Severus wrote:
"Then I saw on top of a lumberyard this giant cyclone, and that gave me the idea to develop the cyclones—one of only a few filtration devices that don't have cloggable membranes. Even electrostatic filters can theoretically clog, but they don't even work in this application yet. The cyclone was on top of a factory, 30 ft. high, collecting sawdust all day long and losing suction."

James Dyson from Popular Mechanics interview:  http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/home_journal_news/4236719.html

Based on his comments, Rainbow actually did everything James wanted in a vacuum.  If James had had a Rainbow, he might have never bothered to go into the vacuum business.

HAPPY NEW YEAR PROCARE and SEVERUS:

Dib-ster's monotonous diatribes here over how great dyson art and how tired and weary are all others has become B-O-R-I-N-G. 

As a dyson shill, with a poor cover, Dib-ster typically resorts to name calling [like idiot] and/or using the laugh/joke cards as defenses of last resort when faced with incontrovertible facts/truths.  Dib-ster claims he enjoys defending his words only when he's right.  In reality, if he were right and rarely is that the case, no defense is needed.  Absent facts/truth, no defense is sufficient.  I would have thought with a new year would bring a new alias/cover for Dib-ster.  Even better, a new dyson spokes person.  But, alas, not yet.  Slim-pickins for Sir James.  Perhaps the reason that starting in 2010 dyson no longer sells in 31 global markets but just 5.  Malaysia is not one of them.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jan 5, 2010 by CarmineD
mole

Reply #44   Jan 5, 2010 7:18 am
So if i put 1 qt of water in my dyson's bin would i be inventing something?

This would work to keep the fine dust level down and out of the pre motor filter.

Can i have the R@D money now,A stack of hundreds would be fine.

Thanks

MOLE
CarmineD

Reply #45   Jan 5, 2010 7:32 am
mole wrote:
So if i put 1 qt of water in my dyson's bin would i be inventing something?

This would work to keep the fine dust level down and out of the pre motor filter.

Can i have the R@D money now,A stack of hundreds would be fine.

Thanks

MOLE

HAPPY NEW YEAR MOLE:

As my 5 year old grand daughter would ask:  Is that real money or fake?

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #46   Jan 5, 2010 11:41 am
CarmineD wrote:
HAPPY NEW YEAR PROCARE and SEVERUS:

Dib-ster's monotonous diatribes here over how great dyson art and how tired and weary are all others has become B-O-R-I-N-G. 

As a dyson shill, with a poor cover, Dib-ster typically resorts to name calling [like idiot] and/or using the laugh/joke cards as defenses of last resort when faced with incontrovertible facts/truths.  Dib-ster claims he enjoys defending his words only when he's right.  In reality, if he were right and rarely is that the case, no defense is needed.  Absent facts/truth, no defense is sufficient.  I would have thought with a new year would bring a new alias/cover for Dib-ster.  Even better, a new dyson spokes person.  But, alas, not yet.  Slim-pickins for Sir James.  Perhaps the reason that starting in 2010 dyson no longer sells in 31 global markets but just 5.  Malaysia is not one of them.

Carmine D.

Carmine,

By definition you behave like an idiot.  You also drip with Dyson-envy, and lie big-time.  You rushed out and declared Dyson copied Newcombe’s salad spinner without reading the Newcombe patent and after I spoon fed it to you. 

Do you think I would help out all the lying vacuum dealer con men buy putting up a patent that even resembles the Dyson Dual Cyclone or other Dyson patents?  You’re an idiot (by definition).

Dyson Invents Big

Idiot - Wikipedia:  An idiot, dolt, or dullard is...  someone who acts in a self-defeating or significantly counterproductive way. More humorous synonyms of the term include addlehead, blockhead, bonehead, deadhead, dimwit, dodo, dope, dummy, dunderhead, nincompoop, ninny, nitwit, numbskull, stupidhead, thickhead, and twit, among many others.
This message was modified Jan 5, 2010 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #47   Jan 5, 2010 12:34 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine,

By definition you behave like an idiot.  You also drip with Dyson-envy, and lie big-time.  You rushed out and declared Dyson copied Newcombe’s salad spinner without reading the Newcombe patent and after I spoon fed it to you. 

Do you think I would help out all the lying vacuum dealer con men buy putting up a patent that even resembles the Dyson Dual Cyclone or other Dyson patents?  You’re an idiot (by definition).

Dyson Invents Big

Idiot - Wikipedia:  An idiot, dolt, or dullard is...  someone who acts in a self-defeating or significantly counterproductive way. More humorous synonyms of the term include addlehead, blockhead, bonehead, deadhead, dimwit, dodo, dope, dummy, dunderhead, nincompoop, ninny, nitwit, numbskull, stupidhead, thickhead, and twit, among many others.

Dib-ster:

Whether I am an idiot or not in your estimation is irrelevant to the facts and truth posted on this thread by PROCARE, SEVERUS, and MOLE about past vacuum inventions.  Name calling is a childish diversion the first time used.  Repeating it focuses readers' attention on the name caller, who quickly gets judged as childish.    

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #48   Jan 5, 2010 1:02 pm
Severus wrote:

SEVERUS:

Before he was knighted Sir James, dyson lacked the little money needed to buy bags for his vacuum.  The price of a Rainbow surely would have been beyond his meager means.   Like Malaysians being good enough to make dysons but too poor to buy/use. 

Carmine D.

procare

Reply #49   Jan 5, 2010 1:21 pm
DIB,

Your definition of idiot is not Webster's definition which I believe is the correct one,

IDIOT- an ignorant, common person  -one without professional knowledge - loosely- very loosely a very foolish or stupid person

Severus

Reply #50   Jan 5, 2010 3:40 pm
CarmineD wrote:
SEVERUS:

Before he was knighted Sir James, dyson lacked the little money needed to buy bags for his vacuum.  The price of a Rainbow surely would have been beyond his meager means.   Like Malaysians being good enough to make dysons but too poor to buy/use. 

Carmine D.

Curiously, Sir James mentions the dog smell of vacuum bags as a reason to go with bagless.   A bagless vac can still pick up the smell of a dog from the oils in the hair.  The Rainbow solves the problem by having water as a prefilter.  Since you're not supposed to wash the cyclone assembly of a Dyson, I don't know how you get around the stinky smell of dog if the oil from the dog hair gets on the cyclone assembly.  At least with some other bagless brands you can wash the assembly ,but not with Dyson. 

Replies: 41 - 50 of 161Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42