Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > whatever happened to the Rainbow enthusiasts

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

whatever happened to the Rainbow enthusiasts
Original Message   Dec 18, 2009 5:22 pm
Looking back over the past year, one thing conspicuously absent from this forum is a rabid Rainbow enthusiast.  Perhaps it is difficult to justify the outrageous price of these door to door wonders.   To some extent, a Rainbow owner has to believe in the Rainbow sales pitch and doesn't want to be confronted with any negative information about the Rainbow.    I also noticed that overstock.com is no longer selling the refurbished Rainbow SE's with the Wesselwerks small power nozzles.    Given the economy, it's got to be tough selling $2000+ vacuums - even if they can purify one's home. 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
Replies: 32 - 41 of 161Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
HARDSELL

Re: whatever happened to the Rainbow enthusiasts
Reply #32   Jan 3, 2010 4:26 pm
CarmineD wrote:
HARDSELL:

HAPPY NEW YEAR.  Didn't I recall you buying a new Kirby Sentria for $675 under the tutelage of Warren B.  Would you say you got your money's worth?

Carmine D.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you also.  Yep, I bought a Kirby.  Sold it about a month back so I guess you could say I did not think it was worth what I paid.

CarmineD

Reply #33   Jan 3, 2010 5:19 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
HAPPY NEW YEAR to you also.  Yep, I bought a Kirby.  Sold it about a month back so I guess you could say I did not think it was worth what I paid.

No, I did not say you did. 

I never sold new Kirby vacuums.  But from time to time, a loyal Kirby customer would insist on a new Kirby to buy.  When one did, I always connected the buyer with a local Kirby distributor for a good price.  I stayed out of it and let them do the deal.  I didn't want anything for thre referral, tho it was always offered.  I will say in over 40 plus years, before Buffett was the Kirby owner, I never had a Kirby buyer return to tell me that he/she regretted the buy.  In fact, several came back and bought another and another over the years.  Kirby has excellent name brand recognition in the industry and a loyal niche market of buyers/customers who have been its mainstay sales for generations.  Tho I think in the current economy new Kirby sales would be very difficult regardless of the customer loyalty/sales pitch.

Carmine D. 

DysonInventsBig

Reply #34   Jan 3, 2010 8:45 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Procare,

I enjoy defending my words (when I’m right), only I do not recall saying James Dyson was first with Bagless.  He and his team are no-doubt the first to invent and/or innovate the worlds first consumer friendly vacuum cleaner separator package/system.  I personally hate the word bagless.  Anyways...  below is the Newcombe patent.  Who here can ascertain from this patent if the claims worked and how well?  Funny thing is Hoover UK passed on using this patent to demonstrate prior art as well as other Dyson competitors.  It looks like a hell-of-an-attempt.

Look, you guys are desperate to find error or a chink in the Dyson armor.  If the guy was not first with cyclonic, then he should be deemed brightest and smartest instead. 

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/1420665.pdf

Dyson Invents Big
CarmineD wrote:
Dib-ster:

The point is that Sir James Dyson, your idol, publicly and professionally takes all credit for bagless vacuums now.  You give dyson here this credit when you impugn copy cat brands and models for imitating dyson bagless.  But it's not Sir James invention.  Dyson copied a little known patent/inventor from 1922.  At least to Rexair's credit, it perfected bagless technology for household applications 80 years ago.  All here would agree, except perhaps you and Sir James [after 5174 prototypes], that anyone with a little time, money and inclination can parlay the advances in the vacuum industry over 70 years with Newcombe's 1922 patent to produce a bagless vacuum that works better than Newcombe's 1922 version.  To Sir James Dyson's credit, he built himself a fortune by doing so and a new [really 70 years old] bagless vacuum industry got a renewed and profitable lease on life.

Carmine D.

Carmine,

“Publicly and professionally” ...hey that rhymes.  Good for you.

Dyson Invents Big
This message was modified Jan 3, 2010 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #35   Jan 4, 2010 6:56 am
Dib-ster:

The point is that Sir James Dyson, your idol, publicly and professionally takes all credit for bagless vacuums now.  You give dyson here this credit when you impugn copy cat brands and models for imitating dyson bagless.  But it's not Sir James invention.  Dyson copied a little known patent/inventor from 1922.  At least to Rexair's credit, it perfected bagless technology for household applications 80 years ago.  All here would agree, except perhaps you and Sir James [after 5174 prototypes], that anyone with a little time, money and inclination can parlay the advances in the vacuum industry over 70 years with Newcombe's 1922 patent to produce a bagless vacuum that works better than Newcombe's 1922 version.  To Sir James Dyson's credit, he built himself a fortune by doing so and a new [really 70 years old] bagless vacuum industry got a renewed and profitable lease on life.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig wrote:

Carmine,

“Publicly and professionally” ...hey that rhymes.  Good for you.

Dyson Invents Big

Dib-ster:

PROCARE's post about Newcombe's 1922 bagless vacuum invention/patent rings true.  Sir James Dyson, an inventor extraordinaire according to you, copied a 1922 bagless vacuum patent/invention. 

Then, Sir James in his marketing pitch supposedly tests 5174 bagless prototypes, never once crediting Newcombe's patent, before finally perfecting the bagless upright.  Sir James Dyson takes all the credit.  Even claims all the knock offs are stealing from him.   Slick marketing reinventing and/or reinnovating truth.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jan 4, 2010 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #36   Jan 4, 2010 9:06 am
HARDSELL wrote:

Based on your posts here you sold all the vacuums you ever bought including a dyson DC07 except a Rainbow which you still have.  By your selling actions and posts are you saying that all the vauums you ever owned and subsequently sold were not worth the prices you paid except for the Rainbow?

Carmine D.

Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #37   Jan 4, 2010 9:52 am
CarmineD wrote:
Based on your posts here you sold all the vacuums you ever bought including a dyson DC07 except a Rainbow which you still have.  By your selling actions and posts are you saying that all the vauums you ever owned and subsequently sold were not worth the prices you paid except for the Rainbow?

Carmine D.

Carmine,

The interesting thing about Rainbow owners is that they tend to be extremely loyal.   I'm always amazed when I read the overwhelming number of positive reviews by Rainbow owners.   Sure there are those who hate them, but most like the water filtration idea.    I heard an administrative assistant say that she bought one when she was first married - and paid nearly $3000 with interest payments.  It broke down after 7 or so years.   Yet, she still would like another one.  Even though it's a bit of a pain in the butt to use, she felt like she was missing something without it.   I was shocked that with her limited resources, she and her husband would even consider buying a Rainbow.  For whatever reason, there seems to be an emotional attachment to these vacuums. 

This message was modified Jan 4, 2010 by Severus

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
DysonInventsBig

Reply #38   Jan 4, 2010 12:12 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Dib-ster:

PROCARE's post about Newcombe's 1922 bagless vacuum invention/patent rings true.  Sir James Dyson, an inventor extraordinaire according to you, copied a 1922 bagless vacuum patent/invention. 

Then, Sir James in his marketing pitch supposedly tests 5174 bagless prototypes, never once crediting Newcombe's patent, before finally perfecting the bagless upright.  Sir James Dyson takes all the credit.  Even claims all the knock offs are stealing from him.   Slick marketing reinventing and/or reinnovating truth.

Carmine D.

Carmine,

You’re an idiot, but you’re our idiot.  :)

The Newcombe patent is a salad spinner (for fine dust), and not a ‘cyclonic separator.’

Dyson Invents Big

P.S.  I only spoon fed you (the group) the Newcombe patent because I was bored.  And you did not fail me...  you provided a good laugh. 

CarmineD

Reply #39   Jan 4, 2010 2:16 pm
Severus wrote:
Carmine,

The interesting thing about Rainbow owners is that they tend to be extremely loyal.   I'm always amazed when I read the overwhelming number of positive reviews by Rainbow owners.   Sure there are those who hate them, but most like the water filtration idea.    I heard an administrative assistant say that she bought one when she was first married - and paid nearly $3000 with interest payments.  It broke down after 7 or so years.   Yet, she still would like another one.  Even though it's a bit of a pain in the butt to use, she felt like she was missing something without it.   I was shocked that with her limited resources, she and her husband would even consider buying a Rainbow.  For whatever reason, there seems to be an emotional attachment to these vacuums. 

Hello SEVERUS:

I have a dear friend who bought a new Rainbow when he first got married.  He chides that his wife left him after 7 years but the Rainbow is still going strong after 30.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #40   Jan 4, 2010 2:20 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine,

You’re an idiot, but you’re our idiot.  :)

The Newcombe patent is a salad spinner (for fine dust), and not a ‘cyclonic separator.’

Dyson Invents Big

P.S.  I only spoon fed you (the group) the Newcombe patent because I was bored.  And you did not fail me...  you provided a good laugh. 

Dib-ster:

Sir James copied [stole] Kenneth J's patent for the ball facilitator and used it 13 years later on his vacuums calling it a dyson original too.  Seems like a pattern with your fave inventor extraordinaire.

BTW, being called an idiot in your eyes is the highest compliment I can receive from you.  I'm not laughing when I say it.

Carmine D.

procare

Reply #41   Jan 4, 2010 6:40 pm
DIB,

Centrifugal force and Cylonic actions work together to seperate dust and dirt. All vacuums use cyclonic action and centrifugal force. The Newcombe and Rexair it's predecessor use that seperator to to get cleaner air  thru it's motor. The main thing that hurt  Rexair before it started using water in the cleaner was the real fine dust like soot would go right back into the air ala Three Stooges and other comedians used in the mid 30's on. I am no Idiot like you that like to call people names. I have been nice to you and you think you are the only one here that knows anything.

When I brought out Newcombe it was part of Rainbow (Rexair) history. Your thoughts about it being a salad  spinner is proving you to be the Idiot not Carmine or anyone else on this thread. No one cut down Dyson as an Innovator but showed that there was someone there before him. Root was the inventor on the cyclonic end and Dyson put it to use in vacuum cleaners. An innovation not invention.

Replies: 32 - 41 of 161Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42