Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > whatever happened to the Rainbow enthusiasts

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

whatever happened to the Rainbow enthusiasts
Original Message   Dec 18, 2009 5:22 pm
Looking back over the past year, one thing conspicuously absent from this forum is a rabid Rainbow enthusiast.  Perhaps it is difficult to justify the outrageous price of these door to door wonders.   To some extent, a Rainbow owner has to believe in the Rainbow sales pitch and doesn't want to be confronted with any negative information about the Rainbow.    I also noticed that overstock.com is no longer selling the refurbished Rainbow SE's with the Wesselwerks small power nozzles.    Given the economy, it's got to be tough selling $2000+ vacuums - even if they can purify one's home. 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
Replies: 19 - 28 of 161Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Re: whatever happened to the Rainbow enthusiasts
Reply #19   Jan 1, 2010 5:45 pm
Just wrote:
I have never been a fan of Rainbow,  remember my house is a Kirby home.  I do, however, have a D2 from 1974 that I still play with a few time a year.

Last year my Niece went to work for Rainbow for a very short time.  Talk about high pressure.   Not only did they pressure her to do everything, including lie to the customer.  She had to stop during different steps of her demonstration to call her supervisor who would then high pressure the customer even more. 

It was very put-offing, especially for a machine that they would not discount in any way shape or form.    Kirby the only other true DTD that I have dealt with are also pushy and high pressure, but they will actually deal off retail. 

Thank you Just!

Those wet/vacs and the way they are pushed is scary. 

I used to think ol’ Warren Buffett was a good guy, until I learned he owned Kirby and/or does nothing to change the practices of these con men.  What does good ol’ Warren make off a sale to a senior who’s been pressured and bamboozled?  The old man loves money just like the young sharks.

Carmine, don’t even try to cover this man’s [wrinkly] butt.

Dyson Invents Big

CarmineD

Reply #20   Jan 1, 2010 6:40 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Thank you Just!

I used to think ol’ Warren Buffett was a good guy, until I learned he owned Kirby and/or does nothing to change the practices of these con men.  What does good ol’ Warren make off a sale to a senior who’s been pressured and bamboozled?  The old man loves money just like the young sharks.

Dyson Invents Big

Dib-ster:

Apparently, with age your thinking has suffered a turn for the worse.

Buffett does need me to defend him.  By last count the Oracle of Omaha contributed over  $30 BILLION plus to the Gates Foundation who matched the donation.  Gates was recently recognized by the White House for his Foundation and its philanthropy.  Just what this season is all about.  HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Carmine D.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #21   Jan 1, 2010 9:12 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Dib-ster:

Buffett does need me to defend him.  By last count the Oracle of Omaha contributed over  $30 BILLION plus to the Gates Foundation who matched the donation.  Gates was recently recognized by the White House for his Foundation and its philanthropy.  Just what this season is all about.  HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Carmine D.

Carmine D.

Good for WB.  Take from the poor and give to the rich.
DysonInventsBig

Reply #22   Jan 1, 2010 11:13 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Thank you Just!

Dyson Invents Big
CarmineD wrote:
Dib-ster:

Carmine D.

Carmine D.

Screwing folks Mon - Sat, and tithing on it on Sunday is common practice with many.  Gods smarter and far more capable than many think and certainly smarter and far more capable than Buffett and Gates combined.  He’s been in the taking care of people business long before Gates and Buffett made dime one. 

Dyson Invents Big

Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #23   Jan 2, 2010 12:20 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Screwing folks Mon - Sat, and tithing on it on Sunday is common practice with many.  Gods smarter and far more capable than many think and certainly smarter and far more capable than Buffett and Gates combined.  He’s been in the taking care of people business long before Gates and Buffett made dime one. 

Dyson Invents Big

I find myself agreeing with Dustmite.   James Dyson should cut his prices at least in half so that the poor can afford to buy them.   So does James pay his Malaysian workers a living wage? 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
DysonInventsBig

Reply #24   Jan 2, 2010 4:34 am
Severus wrote:
I find myself agreeing with Dustmite.   James Dyson should cut his prices at least in half so that the poor can afford to buy them.   So does James pay his Malaysian workers a living wage? 

SpongeBob,

The poor need Dyson's?  I love it.

Dyson Invents Big

CarmineD

Reply #25   Jan 2, 2010 7:31 am
Severus wrote:

Hello SEVERUS:

Excellent point.  I don't see/find Malaysia listed as one of the dyson markets for his vacuum and sundry products.  I suppose the poor Malaysians are good enough [read slave labor] to make them but not buy/own/use them.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #26   Jan 2, 2010 9:42 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello SEVERUS:

Excellent point.  I don't see/find Malaysia listed as one of the dyson markets for his vacuum and sundry products.  I suppose the poor Malaysians are good enough [read slave labor] to make them but not buy/own/use them.

Carmine D.

Suppose you're wrong.

Dyson Invents Big

CarmineD

Reply #27   Jan 2, 2010 2:59 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Suppose you're wrong.

Dyson Invents Big

Dib-ster and HARDSELL WRT Warren Buffett and Bill Gates and their gifting away their money fortunes to die broke:

I recommend a very good book for both of you [and even James] to read:  Winners Never Cheat by Jon Huntsman. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jan 2, 2010 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #28   Jan 2, 2010 3:14 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Good for WB.  Take from the poor and give to the rich.

HARDSELL:

HAPPY NEW YEAR.  Didn't I recall you buying a new Kirby Sentria for $675 under the tutelage of Warren B.  Would you say you got your money's worth?

Carmine D.

Replies: 19 - 28 of 161Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42