Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > selfl propelled windtunnel question

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Vacuumfreeeke

selfl propelled windtunnel question
Original Message   Dec 11, 2009 2:06 pm
Hey everyone... I just got a Hoover Self Propelled Windtunnel and the transmission still engages a little when I have it set to off during the back stroke.  I'm just wondering if that's normal.... I've heard some older Concepts do that, but it seems to me that off should be OFF!  The belts are new, so I think it is a cable/handle issue.  It's annoying on a bare floor!

By the way Carmine...  I made a youtube of my collection.... and you've always helped me out with repair manuals (spec sheets) and stuff in the past so I thought you might be interested.. the hand vacs you gave me are in the video too, though I haven't had a chance to hang all those fabulous vintage adverts you sent yet! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-21NbdE8glg
This message was modified Dec 11, 2009 by a moderator
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Vacuumfreeeke

Re: selfl propelled windtunnel question
Reply #1   Dec 11, 2009 2:09 pm
the hyperlink doesn't seem to work, but if you copy and paste it will come right up. 
mole

Reply #2   Dec 12, 2009 10:00 am
Hi V.F.

This is a very common problem with self propelled hoovers. Try adjusting the cable running to the transmission lever on top of the transmission.The lever moves right to left.

Put the handle in the cleaning position,lock the handle grip in neutral start the machine with the base off the floor, loosen the cable be careful,its like a jam nut slide the tranny lever back and forth till the transmission is not enguaging either way front or back.The clutches should be in freewheel and not  gripping or clamping in either forward or reverse. Tighten the jam nut.If the transmission is enguaging a little either forward or backwards when off the floor this is just cetricial force acting it should stop when on the floor .If the machine is still tugging against you the cable has to be adjusted again.

Oh yeah take the hood off its easier to get thru this way.

Btw when moving the rug and floor selector back and forth make sure the nozzle is of the floor or else the slides or actuator breaks from the pressure.

MOLE

CarmineD

Reply #3   Dec 13, 2009 6:42 am
MOLE:

You're the Man!

Carmine D.

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42