Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > dirt sensor problems with hoover windtunnel....

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Vacuumfreeeke

dirt sensor problems with hoover windtunnel....
Original Message   Dec 7, 2009 1:44 pm
Hey  everyone... I thought it would be fun to add a self propelled windtunnel to my collection since my big lots had them for 100 dollars factory refurbished.  Well, it's been nothing short of a nightmare hitherto... it was missing the crevice tool, deeply scuffed, and the power drive doesn't work right.... first it wouldn't go forward, and now it reverses when turned off.  Give my a concept any day (keep the dialamatic though, don't like them)....  I had to vacuum for an hour with my power drive concept just to get the bad taste out from this windtunnel nightmare and use a real machine again.

Anyway, another problem, as if there weren't enough already is that the dirt sensor light always stays red... even if I lift the vacuum up off the carpet so there's no possible way for dirt to be entering the machine.  I know the Kenmore/Panasonics used an infrared sensor right where the hose enters the machine... and I've heard that the Hoover instead uses a microphone, but where in the world is it located in the vacuum and is there a way to clean it so it works properly?  Hopefully this is advice I don't need as I'm going to exchanged the machine tomorrow for one that works right, looks good, and has all the parts... but if I'm going to own this vacuum, it's probably something I should know. 

Thanks!
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Re: dirt sensor problems with hoover windtunnel....
Reply #1   Dec 7, 2009 6:38 pm
sounds like you got a lemon.  why not take it back?

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
Vacuumfreeeke

Reply #2   Dec 7, 2009 6:47 pm
This advice is a bit redundant considering I already said:

"Hopefully this is advice I don't need as I'm going to exchanged the machine tomorrow for one that works right, looks good, and has all the parts..."
CarmineD

Reply #3   Dec 8, 2009 7:13 am
Severus wrote:
sounds like you got a lemon.  why not take it back?

SEVERUS:

If I were so inclined to buy a HOOVER SP WT refurb, I'd probably buy directly from HOOVER and avoid a retailer like Big Lots.  Now, the price differential on new and refurbs is so small and the risks so large a refurb buy, regardless of make and model, is a questionable one at best.

Carmine D.

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42