Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > "What has dyson invented now?"

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
ArtieV1

"What has dyson invented now?"
Original Message   Oct 11, 2009 11:23 pm
I received this "teaser email today: http://links.mkt2388.com/ctt?kn=1&m=2735925&r=MTgwOTM1MTgzMTcS1&b=0&j=NzgxMTAyODMS1&mt=1&rt=0
Anyone know what's up with this??

-=Art=-
Replies: 156 - 165 of 254Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Re: "What has dyson invented now?"
Reply #156   Dec 3, 2009 8:51 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine,

I doubt his net worth is less than $1b.  Whatever his net worth is, no doubt he is the richest.

Note:  I always play the 'Who's the self-made and/or richest card' when I see Sir James getting a work-over on here.  Units sold, market size, etc., are meaningless by men who measure themselves by their net worth. - Which most suits and owners do.

DIB

CarmineD wrote:
And that DiB is called an opinion, not a fact, and you are entitled to have one.

Carmine D.

Prove it out - Name bigger names, name bigger worth.

DIB
This message was modified Dec 4, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Trebor

Reply #157   Dec 3, 2009 8:55 pm
DIB,

I did not realize the IONA lease/royalty was connected to the Amway.

Nonetheless, the early Fantoms were/are great vacuums.  And I stand by my statement that a manual height adjustment on the Dyson would not have been a terrible thing, and it would have blessed the machine with a level of mechanical simplicity it lacks today.   I visited another of my vac shop friends who recently moved his shop. ( I am loaning him my expertise in space planning)   As I was leaving, I heard him say to a tech on the bench, "It's not a brush motor on that DC25. They don't go bad. You have to open up the dirt tube. There is a circuit board inside. It's in the wiring connection."   DIB, surely I heard wrong.  Why would anyone place any sort of electrical connection in the dirt path?

Trebor

CarmineD

Reply #158   Dec 4, 2009 7:22 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:

DIB

DiB:

Interestingly, you post a recent article here saying your idol is a multi-millionaire.  Then, proceed to call him a billionaire.  When I call you on the glaring contradiction, you dispute the article's credibilty with your own opinion.  Then, ask me to prove that the article, which you posted here, is true and your opinion is not.  Typical of for your thinking and dyson mindset. 

As I and others have told you many times when you play the Sir James wealth card, it is disingenous.  Wealth/money, call it what you will, is not a measure of accomplishment in business.  Success in business is a marathon not a sprint.  What is more poignant to me [and others] is that Sir James' wealth is declining.  Using your success measure [wealth/money] means dyson's success is declining. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #159   Dec 4, 2009 7:26 am
Trebor wrote:
DIB,

Nonetheless, the early Fantoms were/are great vacuums.  And I stand by my statement that a manual height adjustment on the Dyson would not have been a terrible thing, and it would have blessed the machine with a level of mechanical simplicity it lacks today.   I visited another of my vac shop friends who recently moved his shop. ( I am loaning him my expertise in space planning)   As I was leaving, I heard him say to a tech on the bench, "It's not a brush motor on that DC25. They don't go bad. You have to open up the dirt tube. There is a circuit board inside. It's in the wiring connection."   DIB, surely I heard wrong.  Why would anyone place any sort of electrical connection in the dirt path?

Trebor

Hi Tebor:

I posted here about a defect in dyson's DC25 with the motor harness wiring.  Typically it fails with months of operation.  The news was reported to me by 'the" authorized dyson dealer here in North Las Vegas.  The dealer no longer sells the model.  And refuses to do so until the problem is corrected.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #160   Dec 4, 2009 7:35 am
Kudos to MOLE, and others here who agreed with him, who first noted the potential for problems with the vacuum motor located in the dyson ball.  They were right on.  Maybe they should be the billionares?

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #161   Dec 4, 2009 1:17 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:

DIB

CarmineD wrote:
DiB:

Interestingly, you post a recent article here saying your idol is a multi-millionaire.  Then, proceed to call him a billionaire.  When I call you on the glaring contradiction, you dispute the article's credibilty with your own opinion.  Then, ask me to prove that the article, which you posted here, is true and your opinion is not.  Typical of for your thinking and dyson mindset. 

As I and others have told you many times when you play the Sir James wealth card, it is disingenous.  Wealth/money, call it what you will, is not a measure of accomplishment in business.  Success in business is a marathon not a sprint.  What is more poignant to me [and others] is that Sir James' wealth is declining.  Using your success measure [wealth/money] means dyson's success is declining. 

Carmine D.

Cameron,

Playing the wealth card is a quick and efficient way to sort out who’s doin what.  When Sir James is lied of, bad-mouthed, robbed, and copied - playing the wealth card has a certain satisfaction and illuminates the losers, has-beens, never-were’s, wantabe’s, lying manufacturers, their no inventive talent engineers, lazy marketing staff, etc.  Did I leave anyone out….  Oh yeah the angry at Dyson because I live in the UK and I can’t get a job and the always jealous.

He’s the richest vac inventor, owner-operator.  Calling me out and saying it’s my opinion and not demonstrating others bigger or wealthier makes you more and more less credible and inept.  Belly up Mr. 55 years of bad-as vac knowledge and history…  prove your theory… prove my statements as being an opinion and not based in [available] facts.  Start with…  who’s richer.  I can care less if he’s worth $700m or $2b.  He destroys them all (all suits and owners) even at $700m.

DIB

Venson

Reply #162   Dec 4, 2009 2:25 pm
Purveyors of drugs, booze, sex, real estate and all sorts of other baloney make lots of money every day too. Shall we top-rate them as well?

For consumers, it's never always about how many sold but product that does well at providing the results it's expected to.

The question of what's good will probably never be answered as, the same as with cars, consumers are prone to get caught up in hype as opposed to real understanding of basic function. By all means, do the "I couldn't believe the dirt it got up" test with the brand and model vacuum of your choice. Go back and keep doing it again with the same until you're astonished by how little it picks up. The "answer" as to what's the better buy lies in how few times are needed to repeat the process and reach an obvious state of clean.

Venson
This message was modified Dec 4, 2009 by Venson
DysonInventsBig

Reply #163   Dec 4, 2009 2:39 pm
Trebor wrote:
DIB,

Trebor

Hey Trebor,

You should get the Dyson story straight by reading his autobiography vice listening to his competitors and/or their reps and/or forum mud-slingers.  Sir James names companies, names suits, names dates, names numbers and not one has taken him to court over it.  It’s based in fact.  After reading it, then compare it to what is being said of him in bagged-vac shops and in forums.  And for kicks go through the Patent offices and count up the earth-shattering patents filed by Dyson competitors and compare it to Dyson and see who’s revolutionized the tired industry and pumped up/brought excitement to the tired vacuum.

From memory…  Mr. Dyson licensed his patents to Amway and they paid him an advance (typically against future royalties).  Amway then wanted out of the agreement and wanted their advance money back.  Dejected (after being turned down all over Europe and America) and broke/nearly broke he went to Canada, to a little nothing of a company called Iona.  Struck a deal and all looked good, only Iona saw an Amway dual cyclone (called ClearTrak) in a Sears.  Iona being the wonderful suits they are, wanted to renegotiate Dyson’s royalties to a lower amount and Mr. Dyson conceded (he had to, he was broke and needed money).  Iona made Dyson sue or had him pay for the Dyson v. Amway lawsuit out of his Iona royalties.  Amway settled and a licensing deal was struck and oddly Amway had Dyson patent rights and territories to sell in and Iona had Dyson patent rights and territories to sell in.  When Venson and Cameron lie and say Sir James has a propensity to sue…  it is not based in fact or fairness.

Check out the two differing Amway ClearTrak’s in the Amway cheats inventor page.  One has a screen (shroud) and one does not.  I believe the screenless vac is the infringing model.  FYI – the first HEPA U.S. vac-related patent is seen in this Amway ClearTrak.  Interestingly and typically, Amway wanted to freely rip off Mr. Dyson and simultaneously apply for design and utility patents…  Deep pocketed scumbags!

Glad to hear your words of Fantom’s.  I own the Fantom Fury and loved it/love it.  My hose tore and the spines upright locking mechanism broke and I can care less!  It has never clogged, ever!  Coincidentally my mom as a teen used to babysit a girl who became a Walton Character and the actress/spokesperson in the Fantom Fury infomercials/how to use your Fantom Fury video  (Mary McDonough).  I bought my first Fury from the husband and wife vac dealer who were profiled in the infomercial.

Here’s one of the wildly exciting pre-Dyson Iona vacuums. > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqBqfTiXLHY

Dyson Invents Big

CarmineD

Reply #164   Dec 4, 2009 3:26 pm
This message was modified Dec 4, 2009 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #165   Dec 4, 2009 3:37 pm
CarmineD wrote:

Cameron,

Playing the wealth card is a quick and efficient way to sort out who’s doin what.  When Sir James is lied of, bad-mouthed, robbed, and copied - playing the wealth card has a certain satisfaction and illuminates the losers, has-beens, never-were’s, wantabe’s, lying manufacturers, their no inventive talent engineers, lazy marketing staff, etc.  Did I leave anyone out….  Oh yeah the angry at Dyson because I live in the UK and I can’t get a job and the always jealous.

He’s the richest vac inventor, owner-operator.  Calling me out and saying it’s my opinion and not demonstrating others bigger or wealthier makes you more and more less credible and inept.  Belly up Mr. 55 years of bad-as vac knowledge and history…  prove your theory… prove my statements as being an opinion and not based in [available] facts.  Start with…  who’s richer.  I can care less if he’s worth $700m or $2b.  He destroys them all (all suits and owners) even at $700m.

DIB

dyson DiB:

You're not playing with a full deck.  You're comparing apples to oranges.  Dyson is a privately held and owned company, by Sir James and family.  All his competition in the big box stores are publicly held corporations.   Sir James keeps all the leftovers, after paying expenses.  Corporations pay out dividends to the stockholders and stakeholders and the rest goes back into the Corporations' net worths.

Now if you dare, compare the net worth of any of these vacuum corporations, dyson's competitor brands in the big box stores, with the net worth of Sir James.  Then tell us who/which is the largest of all.  Hint: It's not your idol. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Dec 4, 2009 by CarmineD
Replies: 156 - 165 of 254Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42