Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson DC23 Motorhead issues

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Scott3085

Dyson DC23 Motorhead issues
Original Message   Nov 21, 2009 10:32 am
Hi everyone, I purchased a DC 23 Motorhead back in July because up until that point, I had only great experiences with Dyson products.   Previously, I had owned a DC 07 and gifted my DC17 animal to my parents.   The canister was working great until just last week.   When I was vacuuming, the motor in the powerhead kept going on and off by itself.   I checked the brush roll and there aren't any obstructions.  The vacuum gets VERY light use as I have a Miele that is also used in the mix.   My cleaning woman also only uses her vacuum so I'm estimating that the Dyson is used maybe once every other week.   I feel that for a four month old vacuum, this kind of problem is unacceptable.  Based on my previous experiences, I hadn't been concerned about product repair.  However, now that I do have a problem, is it true that this vacuum can't be fixed by an indep. shop?   Does anyone have good customer service experiences with Dyson?  I'm tempted to sell it on Craigslist and just be done with bagless.  The thought of having to ship my vacuum to Dyson on my dime is very unappealing.  At least my Miele is 9 years old and still going strong!   Thanks for any advice.
Replies: 1 - 13 of 13View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 13 of 13View as Thread
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42