Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Shark Multi-Vac . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Shark Multi-Vac . . .
Original Message   Nov 20, 2009 9:42 pm
Hi, Has anybody seen the Shark Multi-Vac yet? Slightly reminiscent of a bagged "transformer-type" lightweight that Sanyo put out for a good while this bagless stick vac's web page has a video that actually invokes the name of Dyson AND uses the famous and much debated "never loses suction" pitch. It sells direct for $160.00 on the Shark web page but can be found at Target for $119.00. Most interesting is that it bears a five-year warranty. Link follows: http://www.sharkmultivac.com Venson
This message was modified Nov 20, 2009 by Venson
Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Outline
procare

Re: Shark Multi-Vac . . .
Reply #1   Nov 20, 2009 11:50 pm

I have not seen one yet but from the site I think of the Bissell and also Kirby. I am not impressed myself because there is too much chance of messing up while cleaning. A pro can make a hard to use vacuum cleaner look so easy to use with practice. Think about the Kirby salesman changing the head on the cleaner with his bare feet and many customers have trouble changing attachments they leave everything together and don't change the belt until they take it to an independent to change.

Procare

This message was modified Nov 20, 2009 by procare
CarmineD

Reply #2   Nov 21, 2009 5:41 pm
Bed Bath and Beyond stores sell this Shark for $119 in the store and on-line.  Interesting with all the varied options and copy cat colors and features.  Look what they've done with the 'd' brand song!

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #3   Nov 23, 2009 7:12 am
KOHL's has this Shark vacuum product in its venue too and for the same price $119. 

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #4   Nov 23, 2009 12:42 pm
Having just watched the video from the link given on here my first thoughts are how weak it looks in terms of how it cleans floors etc. And there doesn't appear to be a beater bar either.
CarmineD

Reply #5   Nov 23, 2009 1:34 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Having just watched the video from the link given on here my first thoughts are how weak it looks in terms of how it cleans floors etc. And there doesn't appear to be a beater bar either.

I watched the video too Vacmanuk and agree there is no revolving brush save the turbo tool.  However, I have the opposite opinion on the straight suction pick up by this $119 stick-vac.  It appears to be super for floor and attachment cleaning, at least from the video.  Of course, the real test is on carpets with actual usage, which I plan to do.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #6   Dec 2, 2009 4:39 pm
Hi

I've seen the Shark Mutli-Vac at Best Buy and right out of the gate am saying wait until the prices drop. Overall, were I to buy one, I might justify the purchase if the cost was low. My feeling is that 60 to 65 bucks for this particular machine is more than adequate.

First, as noticed by others, there is no brushroll nor brush strip -- just a plastic squeegee-type blade underneath the floor nozzle. I say this cautiously but the clear plastic nozzle itself is designed to be relatively sturdy. It is also equipped with two swivel casters at its front similar to the swivel casters employed by Miele's S7 uprights.

Briefly amusing was my discovery that the salesperson in the appliance department didn't have a clue as to how the Multi-Vac disassembled or re-assembled. After a bit of fussing about I figured things out and showed her how to detach the motor unit for the handheld mode. Nice idea but the designers employed little effort in providing an air path to make best use of air flow. It's all a little too simple. The small suction port on the dust container is exposed upon detachment and a set of plastic glides also act as spacers to allow a little bit of distance between hard surfaces and the suction port. There's not much use attempting to give upholstered furniture a decent going over with the machine in handheld mode as it would prove a bit $#%*bersome. It should however be adequate for sucking up loose litter on table tops or the floor.

Having been put off by the lack of razzle-dazzle presented during handheld mode, I did not bother trying the attachments -- a small combi-tool and the turbo-driven upholstery nozzle. Nonetheless, this small cleaner is nice and light has adequate suction in stick mode. I could see myself not minding it for quick pick-ups and doing hard-surfaced stairs. The largest points off for this machine is that its unique design may not provide "no-brainer" use for lots of purchasers.

Yet, despite whatever uses I'd employ it for, I'm sorry to say its overall worth does not equal a price of $100 to $120. Check it out and if you like it, wait for the price to come down.

I should also mention that upon my show of hesitance to buy the Best Buy sales rep reminded me several times during the demo that if I wasn't satisfied I had thirty days within which to bring it back.

Venson
This message was modified Dec 2, 2009 by Venson
CarmineD

Reply #7   Dec 3, 2009 6:45 am
Hello Venson:

Thanks for the evaluation and report.  My dear Wife, who was shopping with my daughter and other friends and family during the early morning hours of Friday after Thanksgiving, called me and specifically asked if I wanted this multi-purpose Shark vacuum.  I thought for awhile but said no having not yet seen it for myself.  Glad I did after reading your post.

What was the noise level like?

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #8   Dec 3, 2009 2:59 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Venson:

. . . What was the noise level like?

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

As far as noise goes, it was just fine. Venson
CarmineD

Reply #9   Dec 3, 2009 4:35 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

As far as noise goes, it was just fine. Venson

Thank you Venson, that's a plus.

Carmine D.

Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42