Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Jimmy Dyson does try hard . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Jimmy Dyson does try hard . . .
Original Message   Oct 21, 2009 6:59 pm
Lordy, lord ol' Jimmy D's cryin' again. He has instigated the banning of Miele S7 adverts . . .

http://www.which.co.uk/news/2009/10/miele-ads-banned-for-vacuum-cleaner-claims-186889.jsp

Venson
Replies: 77 - 86 of 103Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Re: Jimmy Dyson does try hard . . .
Reply #77   Nov 8, 2009 2:21 pm
Are you "using?"  Only a fool or crook would balk at James Dyson's come-from-nowhere remarkable achievement and success.

DIB
This message was modified Nov 8, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #78   Nov 8, 2009 5:10 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Are you "using?"  Only a fool or crook would balk at James Dyson's come-from-nowhere remarkable achievement and success.

DIB

I can assure you DiB I am none of what you say.  And only one who is one of these himself would judge others in that way.

No one here, most especially me, is arguing about dyson's mark on the vacuum industry and his new-found vacuum related wealth.  My point with you and others has always been, from the first you/they boasted of his wealth via Forbes and other publications, that making a money fortune is easy.  It's keeping it that is hard.  Sir James, despite your affiliation/realtion to him, and your futile attempts to convince others, most of all you, is proof.  2 years and out $1 BILLION.  Let's see what's in store in the year ahead.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #79   Nov 8, 2009 5:14 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:

DIB

Remember too dyson DiB, success and achievement is not a sprint in life, it's a marathon.  Sir James, if you ask him, would most likely agree.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Nov 8, 2009 by CarmineD
Trebor

Reply #80   Nov 8, 2009 7:58 pm
Has anyone tried the DC28 with the AirMuscle nozzle technology?

Has this solved the issues with the clutch?

I don't see a full size Dyson canister with a power nozzle. Are the new smaller canisters going to totally replace the larger ones?
Venson

Reply #81   Nov 8, 2009 9:23 pm
Trebor wrote:
Has anyone tried the DC28 with the AirMuscle nozzle technology? <BR><BR>Has this solved the issues with the clutch?<BR><BR>I don't see a full size Dyson canister with a power nozzle. Are the new smaller canisters going to totally replace the larger ones?
Hi Trebor,

I tried one out at Best Buy a while back and certainly liked the hose suction. Also I noticed that they'd got on the bandwagon and followed Hoover's lead by also incorporating electronic height adjustment. What I didn't get, considering all the bright ideas and mechanisms, is how they managed to mess up the low height adjustment. The cleaner is fine on its upper setting but when set for low pile it feels like you're shoveling snow.

The smaller DC22 series canisters are too expensive and also too small for practical use in regular-sized households. I don't see anyone but frivolous souls or collectors on this side of the sea bothering. Their suggested prices soar over the "full-size" DC23 models. In either series, one comes with a turbo-nozzle and the other with a PN.

Venson
Trebor

Reply #82   Nov 8, 2009 9:39 pm
Hi Venson!

Probably too much suction on the low carpet, no way to back it off. The Miele S7 is a bear to push on any carpet at full throttle. Dealer told me full power is really designed for bare floor and hose use. The auto adjust electronic models do back off the motor on carpet.

Trebor
dusty

Reply #83   Nov 9, 2009 10:43 am
Trebor wrote:
Has anyone tried the DC28 with the AirMuscle nozzle technology?

Has this solved the issues with the clutch?

I don't see a full size Dyson canister with a power nozzle. Are the new smaller canisters going to totally replace the larger ones?

Hi Trebor,

We've sold a few of these and no problems have come back to us.  We also use one in the store when we're doing Sebo cleaning powder demos and no matter what carpet we're on or what level the machine is at we haven't had even a hint of a clutch issue.

Dusty
Venson

Reply #84   Nov 9, 2009 2:10 pm
dusty wrote:
Hi Trebor,<BR><BR>We've sold a few of these and no problems have come back to us.  We also use one in the store when we're doing Sebo cleaning powder demos and no matter what carpet we're on or what level the machine is at we haven't had even a hint of a clutch issue.<BR><BR>Dusty

Hi Dusty,

I tried the DC28 at my local Best Buy which has industrial type carpet tile. It's very low pile and for whatever reason the DC28 I used was indeed difficult to push when I set it to low. What could have been the cause?

Trebor, I have had no problem with my S7 set on high speed for carpeting. It cleans well and is not hard for me to push.

Venson
Trebor

Reply #85   Nov 9, 2009 4:00 pm
Venson,

Maybe you are in better shape than I, but I thought the S7 was rather hefty. Of course I am used to a Tech Drive Kirby

Trebor

Venson

Reply #86   Nov 9, 2009 4:18 pm
Trebor wrote:
Venson,</p><p>Maybe you are in better shape than I, but I thought the S7 was rather hefty. Of course I am used to a Tech Drive Kirby</p><p>Trebor

Trebor,

I have a G5 tucked away somewhere thus I'm well aware of weight issues. Anyway, I'm used to full-size vacuums since way back and am kind of glad. You can't imagine all the money I've saved on gym memberships.

Best,

Venson
Replies: 77 - 86 of 103Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42