Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Jimmy Dyson does try hard . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Jimmy Dyson does try hard . . .
Original Message   Oct 21, 2009 6:59 pm
Lordy, lord ol' Jimmy D's cryin' again. He has instigated the banning of Miele S7 adverts . . .

http://www.which.co.uk/news/2009/10/miele-ads-banned-for-vacuum-cleaner-claims-186889.jsp

Venson
Replies: 10 - 19 of 103Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Re: Jimmy Dyson does try hard . . .
Reply #10   Nov 1, 2009 12:16 am
DIB,

Please do tell how I'm really Venson.   I'm very disappointed in Dyson for employing you as their representative on this forum.  My respect for Dyson products drops almost every time you make your ridiculous unfounded accusations. 

I do understand why you would like it to be so.   You don't understand how anyone could ever disagree with you - let alone 2 or more.  So yes, I do understand your logic.  It's completely wrong and stupid, but you're entitled to be you.  Given that both Venson and I can write a coherent thought, neither of us needs more than one account to make a point. 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #11   Nov 1, 2009 12:20 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine,

Why don’t you go show this cry baby how real ingenuity is done.  With the collective minds of you and Venson and his alter-ego Severus, surely you can demonstrated some blazing breakthroughs that can be made into a product and supported and profited from.  Listening to you three, well two [people] actually, since Severus is not real, but only Venson’s lubricated hand puppet. - Certainly the most efficient way to clear a forum.  THANK YOU VENSON, well done!!!!!!!!

DiB

I don't know why you haven't been tossed off this forum.    If only your father were still around, perhaps you would act like a man. 

This message was modified Nov 1, 2009 by Severus

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
procare

Reply #12   Nov 1, 2009 1:33 am
   For my two cents worth, The advertising claim that Dyson gripes about doesn't help the cause for Dyson. Dyson is afraid to tell you the life of their motor or let you know that they have equal durabilty as Miele or anyone else.They claim they are more powerful and they aren't and nobody goes back at them because the people will find out . Dyson doesn't own the market for durability or anything else.

Procare

CarmineD

Reply #13   Nov 1, 2009 6:18 am
procare wrote:
   For my two cents worth, The advertising claim that Dyson gripes about doesn't help the cause for Dyson. Dyson is afraid to tell you the life of their motor or let you know that they have equal durabilty as Miele or anyone else.They claim they are more powerful and they aren't and nobody goes back at them because the people will find out . Dyson doesn't own the market for durability or anything else.

Procare

Hello Procare:

Interesting observation especially in light of Bucks03 concern about the motor life of a DC04 and other dyson scenarios that have been posted.  Bucks03 did all the right things and got 7 years.  I am familiar with EUREKA bagless motors on its Whirlwind uprights lasting more than 7 years with the same usage as Bucks03 DC04.  At half and less the price of most dysons.  On these EUREKA bagless models, really the beginning mass market bagless uprights in the USA, EUREKA uses a plastic see-thru shroud to cover the entire motor.  Presumably to prevent dirt/dust that enters the motor cavity from degrading the motor.  I mention too that I gifted a half dozen of these EUREKA Whirlwind models away over the past 9 years.  Several of these I used daily in my home for months and even years before gifting.  All still running.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #14   Nov 1, 2009 6:22 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine,

Why don’t you go show this cry baby how real ingenuity is done.  With the collective minds of you and Venson and his alter-ego Severus, surely you can demonstrated some blazing breakthroughs that can be made into a product and supported and profited from.  Listening to you three, well two [people] actually, since Severus is not real, but only Venson’s lubricated hand puppet. - Certainly the most efficient way to clear a forum.  THANK YOU VENSON, well done!!!!!!!!

DiB

I would tell you and Sir James what others have said who know better about these matters than you and I.  When it comes to vacuum results, technique always trumps technology.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #15   Nov 1, 2009 6:24 am
Severus wrote:
I don't know why you haven't been tossed off this forum.    If only your father were still around, perhaps you would act like a man. 

Venson

Reply #16   Nov 1, 2009 9:54 am
procare wrote:
   For my two cents worth, The advertising claim that Dyson gripes about doesn't help the cause for Dyson. Dyson is afraid to tell you the life of their motor or let you know that they have equal durabilty as Miele or anyone else.They claim they are more powerful and they aren't and nobody goes back at them because the people will find out . Dyson doesn't own the market for durability or anything else.</p><p>                             Procare

Thank you procare for getting us back on track. I wholeheartedly agree with your view. In most business situations, from those as simple as the everyday office environment to those as elaborate and involved as the entertainment industry, hard luck stories, could have-would have-should haves, and complaints don't usually get you far AND, as you mentioned are more a strike against the bearer than a benefit.

Whatever the line of business, it is not advisable to knock the competition and certainly not good to make trouble for them to improve your advantage. (I'm sure you're familiar with the thing about being careful in your dealings with others as you head up ladder because you never know who you'll be meeting on the way down.)

If you don't like what the competition's doing, come out with a better product or a better show. If and when you do, it says it all.

Venson
procare

Reply #17   Nov 2, 2009 7:46 pm
 The article in question I looked at again and realized the ASA made an error in their judgement. When you make a claim that a unit was designed for up to 20 years use . It did not mean it would last 20 years. Some of the units would last that length of time. It is the same way Steam Cleaners got out of many law suits on their claim of getting up to 90%  of the water out of your carpet.  The claim was proven false time and time again  The catch all phrase up to and the fact it said in small print  (under Laboratory conditions) kept the State of Indiana from suing for false advertising when their tests showed 15%  was sucked up. Dyson and ASA were wrong in saying false claims.

Procare

This message was modified Nov 2, 2009 by procare
DysonInventsBig

Reply #18   Nov 3, 2009 1:58 am
The $4b Miele advertised some S7 claim[s], Miele’s own data did not support these claims, the ASA agreed, agreed with the $1b Dyson (complaint) and then shut this so-called campaign down.

The Miele S7 (slightly steerable) would not have happened if the Dyson Corp. did not have the brains and guts to introduce The-Ball vacuum innovations, which proved winners and money makers.  So while Miele pushed for impossible and unachievable [legal] advert heights, they wound up doing a public relations "face plant."  Although Miele should feel good knowing they got something from nothing - that is, watching, learning and then making and selling a poor imitation from the Dyson DC25, DC18, DC24 steerables.  Immer Besser!

DIB

http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/adjudications/Public/TF_ADJ_47110.htm
This message was modified Nov 3, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

DysonInventsBig

Reply #19   Nov 3, 2009 2:39 am
Severus wrote:

I'll tell you why I have not been tossed...  I am one of few and by far the loudest unashamed supporter to the most innovative, yet lied of and bad-mouthed in the industry today, that is Dyson.  Additionally, I bring much more traffic here than anything you're capable of.  No brag, just fact.

My father despised liars, thieves, cheats, loud mouthed wannabes, phonies, users and cons.  After we were robbed by employees, ripped off by so-called friends and even had an employee murdered, we became much more watchful and careful.  We still had fun, we just watched out backs more.

DIB

P.S.  I believe you're sitting comfortably and anonymously behind a proxy server, and that’s how you can look as if you're two separate users from two separate cities (1 IP and location for Venson and 1 IP and location for Severus).  Am I right?  There's ways of finding out.
This message was modified Nov 3, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 10 - 19 of 103Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42