Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Jimmy Dyson does try hard . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Jimmy Dyson does try hard . . .
Original Message   Oct 21, 2009 6:59 pm
Lordy, lord ol' Jimmy D's cryin' again. He has instigated the banning of Miele S7 adverts . . .

http://www.which.co.uk/news/2009/10/miele-ads-banned-for-vacuum-cleaner-claims-186889.jsp

Venson
Replies: 47 - 56 of 103Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Re: Jimmy Dyson does try hard . . .
Reply #47   Nov 6, 2009 10:43 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello MOLE:

I've always said if Consumer Reports really wants to get it right, it should factor into its vacuum reliability data survey information received from independent vacuum cleaner store owners and operators who repair vacuums.

Carmine D.

That’s a great idea.  Why don’t you put a proposal together and present it to CR - ASAP.

DIB

CarmineD

Reply #48   Nov 6, 2009 12:25 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
That’s a great idea.  Why don’t you put a proposal together and present it to CR - ASAP.

DIB

MOLE beat me to it!

Carmine D. 

DysonInventsBig

Reply #49   Nov 6, 2009 12:47 pm
Trebor wrote:
DIB,

10,000 comics on the streets and you think you're funny? Don't quit your day job.

Because I said it "could" be 51% I am Dyson bashing? Everyone who doesn't think James Dyson is worthy of sainthood, and that using a Dyson is an act of worship is Dyson bashing to you.  You didn't jump on my reporting Dyson sales in the US by an industry insider, did you? Did it never occur to you that many of the people purchasing Dysons have never spent more than 100.00 on a vacuum in their lives, let alone properly maintain them.  I see you did not respond to my challenge to logically explain why Dysons are to be the preferred brand purchase of a vacuum cleaner.  You insult anyone who doesn't agree with you, and not very well, either, no originality.

Severus wrote:
Trebor,

the 8000 units per day isn't complete without knowing how many are returned, and how many sales are refurbs.    There's an awful lot of refurbs for sale in a lot of venues. 

Venson,
Awful lot?  Does "awful lot" have a number and face?

DIB

DysonInventsBig

Reply #50   Nov 6, 2009 1:02 pm
mole wrote:
Trust me these reliability ratings are B.S. Having serviced every vacuum cleaner known to mankind, New or old American iron Euro plastic, orient express  almost throw aways.

I have a kirby legend 2 small head, a  D80 , that are trailer queens They are in mint condition and work propely, would that figure into cr ratings if i gave them that data on their surveys?

Because the BOZOS at Cr are clueless about what these models are or their ages.

Whats to say that the Dyson propaganda machine has not infiltrated CR with bogus surveys like they baraged the msn, and internet review sites.Like i said its all B.S.

O.K. dib show me what you got to rebuke my statements.

B.T.W its nice to see gasko on the forum again,at least he's got a clue on whats really going on with dyson.

REGARDS

MOLE

Glad to see you come up and out of the burrow for some fresh air.  I'll be glad to take on some of your views and/or salesmanship/tactics and take em apart.  I'll get back to you.

DIB
This message was modified Nov 6, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

DysonInventsBig

Reply #51   Nov 6, 2009 1:05 pm
Trebor wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I spoke with a long-time acquaintance in the vac biz yesterday, none other than Tom G. He told me that Dyson USA is still selling 8,000 vacuum cleaners in the USA!
Since Tom is now employed by Tacony, and is no longer a vac shop owner, I have no reason to doubt his word.

Trebor

Dyson sales rose by 2.8% ($1.038b).
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-business/article-23765305-dysons-pay-cut-in-profits-slip.do
This message was modified Nov 6, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #52   Nov 6, 2009 6:20 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Dustmite,

So which Dyson sales are up and which are not?   Are the sales up on hand dryers or vacuums?  Are refurbished vacuum sales up or down?  What about canisters, handhelds, and uprights?  Granted I have no reason to care either way. 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
CarmineD

Reply #53   Nov 6, 2009 7:43 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:

Hey dyson DiB:

Did you really mean to post this old information?  Dyson's 2008 fiscal year ends Dec. 31, 2008 and dyson releases the financial information June 11, 2009?  And ................you post it here Nov. 2009?  So in light of the time delay, should we believe that the 8000 dyson sales every day is for 2008 and/or 2009 or just a number pulled out of thin air for an uncertain future date in time?  One thing for sure, the muti-billionaire Sir james got down graded to a muti-millionaire overnight almost.

Did you read the comments about Sir James and the dyson products that trailed the article?  Hillarious you brits!  Seems like the big bad mouthing vacuum industry experts have a following among some very vocal anti-dyson Brits in the UK who don't like your uncle either. 

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #54   Nov 7, 2009 11:19 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hey dyson DiB:

Did you really mean to post this old information?  Dyson's 2008 fiscal year ends Dec. 31, 2008 and dyson releases the financial information June 11, 2009?  And ................you post it here Nov. 2009?  So in light of the time delay, should we believe that the 8000 dyson sales every day is for 2008 and/or 2009 or just a number pulled out of thin air for an uncertain future date in time?  One thing for sure, the muti-billionaire Sir james got down graded to a muti-millionaire overnight almost.

Did you read the comments about Sir James and the dyson products that trailed the article?  Hillarious you brits!  Seems like the big bad mouthing vacuum industry experts have a following among some very vocal anti-dyson Brits in the UK who don't like your uncle either. 

Carmine D.

This info is 2-3 days old.  Are you not familiar with Google news?  Take a look for yourself.  I believe Moose went over the data lag last year or the year before.

If you remove from the comment list, the...  1) Dyson envious, 2) Axe-to-grind-angry at Dyson for having to compete (move his manufacturing), 3) vac dealer and/or enthusiasts, 4) those who tell half truths - then this comment list is left with some positive comments.

I just spoke to a British woman who has lived here for the last 2 years, I asked of the Dyson love and Dyson hate I’ve read in comments and seen and heard of via the BBC.  She said “Oh no!  I think most our proud of the success of one of our own.”  I asked of all the negative talk and many who were without jobs.  She said it was true that many were without work and felt the fault was with government.  She also added of the Dyson complaining, she said - “We British tend to be moaners.”

DIB

Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #55   Nov 7, 2009 11:43 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
This info is 2-3 days old.  Are you not familiar with Google news?  Take a look for yourself.  I believe Moose went over the data lag last year or the year before.

If you remove from the comment list, the...  1) Dyson envious, 2) Axe-to-grind-angry at Dyson for having to compete (move his manufacturing), 3) vac dealer and/or enthusiasts, 4) those who tell half truths - then this comment list is left with some positive comments.

I just spoke to a British woman who has lived here for the last 2 years, I asked of the Dyson love and Dyson hate I’ve read in comments and seen and heard of via the BBC.  She said “Oh no!  I think most our proud of the success of one of our own.”  I asked of all the negative talk and many who were without jobs.  She said it was true that many were without work and felt the fault was with government.  She also added of the Dyson complaining, she said - “We British tend to be moaners.”

DIB

Dustmite,

So you did a survey of one former Brit, and you think that that's a reliable piece of information?   You have one person's opinion.  After you've done a more random sample of say 10,000 Brits, maybe you'll have something worth reporting. 

Most people give their opinions based on design issues.  Anyone with an open mind, evaluates the positives and negatives of each product.  That's the frustrating part of your drivel.  You don't seem to be able to think critically and have an open mind. 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
vacmanuk

Reply #56   Nov 7, 2009 12:43 pm
By the way Id like to add the last link I gave here showing a top ten of vacuums in the UK was taken from data of about 147 reviews. Infact if you follow the link you'll be able to read just how many consumers' data notes were collected to summize the top ten.
Replies: 47 - 56 of 103Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42