Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Jimmy Dyson does try hard . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Jimmy Dyson does try hard . . .
Original Message   Oct 21, 2009 6:59 pm
Lordy, lord ol' Jimmy D's cryin' again. He has instigated the banning of Miele S7 adverts . . .

http://www.which.co.uk/news/2009/10/miele-ads-banned-for-vacuum-cleaner-claims-186889.jsp

Venson
Replies: 94 - 103 of 103Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Re: Jimmy Dyson does try hard . . .
Reply #94   Nov 12, 2009 12:40 pm
mole wrote:
Trust me these reliability ratings are B.S. Having serviced every vacuum cleaner known to mankind, New or old American iron Euro plastic, orient express  almost throw aways.

I have a kirby legend 2 small head, a  D80 , that are trailer queens They are in mint condition and work propely, would that figure into cr ratings if i gave them that data on their surveys?

Because the BOZOS at Cr are clueless about what these models are or their ages.

Whats to say that the Dyson propaganda machine has not infiltrated CR with bogus surveys like they baraged the msn, and internet review sites.Like i said its all B.S.

O.K. dib show me what you got to rebuke my statements.

B.T.W its nice to see gasko on the forum again,at least he's got a clue on whats really going on with dyson.

REGARDS

MOLE

Mole,
It’s your position…the prototype Dyson DC07 running hard for 10 years is unimpressive.  But is it not also your position and obligation to bad-mouth the competition at every step and at every corner?  Lets see…when James Dyson launched the DC07 and backed it by a two year warranty – the competition said the Dyson ain’t no good.  When James Dyson answered the price-to-warranty value criticism and padded the warranty by three more years (and other mfgs. followed), bringing the warranty to 5 years – the competition said the Dyson ain’t no good.  Now when it’s learned Tom had a looks-like, works-like DC07 prototype two years prior to the U.S. launch and ran this “No bags to buy-No Loss of Suction” vacuum for 10 years and ran it hard – the competition rhetoric continues to be…the Dyson ain’t no good.  Is that about right?

DIB
This message was modified Nov 12, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #95   Nov 12, 2009 1:10 pm
dyson DiB:

Dyson offered a 2 year warranty, not 3, on full size vacuums up to Aug 15, 2006 when it extended to 5 years.  Which? magazine rated dysons worse in reliability for 8 consecutive years until dyson extended its warranty to 5 years.  Which? did an about face and began recommending dysons, in large part according to its own account, because of the 5 year warranty. 

BTW, dyson handhelds were/are still 2 years on warranty, tho battery packs, I believe, are excluded.

The Royal powercast mentioned above came with a 6 year motor [free parts and labor] warranty.  Actually had the start date for the warranty stamped on the serial number plate. 

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #96   Nov 12, 2009 2:02 pm
CarmineD wrote:
dyson DiB:

Dyson offered a 2 year warranty, not 3, on full size vacuums up to Aug 15, 2006 when it extended to 5 years.  Which? magazine rated dysons worse in reliability for 8 consecutive years until dyson extended its warranty to 5 years.  Which? did an about face and began recommending dysons, in large part according to its own account, because of the 5 year warranty. 

BTW, dyson handhelds were/are still 2 years on warranty, tho battery packs, I believe, are excluded.

The Royal powercast mentioned above came with a 6 year motor [free parts and labor] warranty.  Actually had the start date for the warranty stamped on the serial number plate. 

Carmine D.

Carmine,

The fact is...  Dyson’s made in the UK have proven less reliable than the Dyson’s manufactured in Malaysia.  If my memory is correct, Which Magazine did not make this distinction.  Which Magazine like CR will continue to control information and posture so to save face and keep subscribers subscribing.

TTI, Bissell and Hoover UK responded to Dyson’s 5 year warranty.  In addition to the warranty, they take their marketing and innovation que’s from Dyson.

DIB

CarmineD

Reply #97   Nov 12, 2009 2:29 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine,

The fact is...  Dyson’s made in the UK have proven less reliable than the Dyson’s manufactured in Malaysia.  If my memory is correct, Which Magazine did not make this distinction.  Which Magazine like CR will continue to control information and posture so to save face and keep subscribers subscribing.

TTI, Bissell and Hoover UK responded to Dyson’s 5 year warranty.  In addition to the warranty, they take their marketing and innovation que’s from Dyson.

DIB

I'm at a loss dyson IB where you got the 3 years in your post and I posted in part to set the record straight on the dyson warranties.  Your take, I believe, on Which? is wrong.  Which? specifically said in its publication in 2006 that dyson product reliability was better as witnessed by dyson itself with the extended 5 year warranty for product sales after Aug 15, 2006.  Tho, some here would argue that the dyson product reliability, despite the longer warranty, is no better. 

Not uncommon for one vacuum maker to follow another, especially when the products are sold side by side in the same venues.   WRT innovation, as I keep posting to you, technique and performance trump innovation every time.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #98   Nov 12, 2009 3:50 pm
CarmineD wrote:
I'm at a loss dyson IB where you got the 3 years in your post and I posted in part to set the record straight on the dyson warranties.  Your take, I believe, on Which? is wrong.  Which? specifically said in its publication in 2006 that dyson product reliability was better as witnessed by dyson itself with the extended 5 year warranty for product sales after Aug 15, 2006.  Tho, some here would argue that the dyson product reliability, despite the longer warranty, is no better. 

Not uncommon for one vacuum maker to follow another, especially when the products are sold side by side in the same venues.   WRT innovation, as I keep posting to you, technique and performance trump innovation every time.

Carmine D.

Cameron,

Don’t you think Which Magazine giving a better reliability rating to Dyson only after Dyson up'd their warranty to 5 years is a weak position and misleading to it’s readers?  Using Which Magazines logic...then Euro Pro could also receive high marks and rankings with a 5 year warranty, although this does not remove the hassle and frustration when the appliance fails.  And when it fails so does this readers subscription support.  No, no, no, make no mistake, Dyson products (overall) work and hold up as they should.  Of course they could strip it down to nothing (few parts, few moving parts), make it choke on a bag, make it 1950 compliant, charge 3x's more...and call it a Kirby.

DIB
This message was modified Nov 12, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #99   Nov 12, 2009 6:05 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Cameron,

Don’t you think Which Magazine giving a better reliability rating to Dyson only after Dyson up'd their warranty to 5 years is a weak position and misleading to it’s readers?  Using Which Magazines logic...then Euro Pro could also receive high marks and rankings with a 5 year warranty, although this does not remove the hassle and frustration when the appliance fails.  And when it fails so does this readers subscription support.  No, no, no, make no mistake, Dyson products (overall) work and hold up as they should.  Of course they could strip it down to nothing (few parts, few moving parts), make it choke on a bag, make it 1950 compliant, charge 3x's more...and call it a Kirby.

DIB

dyson DiB:

"What if's" and hypotheticals about Euro Pro have nothing to do with the facts about Which?, warranties, and dyson reliability, except perhaps for you, to digress from the subject.  

Carmine D. 

DysonInventsBig

Reply #100   Nov 13, 2009 7:50 am
CarmineD wrote:
dyson DiB:

"What if's" and hypotheticals about Euro Pro have nothing to do with the facts about Which?, warranties, and dyson reliability, except perhaps for you, to digress from the subject.  

Carmine D. 

So it’s settled...  Which reliability ratings cannot be bought, but earned.  Since Which rates vacuums fro 0-6 years old they can no longer include British made vacuums.

Did you read?...  “Despite the problems, Dyson owners remain the most likely to recommend the machine to a friend, Which? reported. “ ....this is what T.G. told Trebor too.

DIB
This message was modified Nov 13, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #101   Nov 13, 2009 8:49 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
So it’s settled...  Which reliability ratings cannot be bought, but earned.  Since Which rates vacuums fro 0-6 years old they can no longer include British made vacuums.

Did you read?...  “Despite the problems, Dyson owners remain the most likely to recommend the machine to a friend, Which? reported. “ ....this is what T.G. told Trebor too.

DIB

dyson DiB:

Like Consumer Reports here in the USA with regard to vacuums and reliabilty, Which? is a consumer guide not the gospel.  Both leave much to be desired, but they are a consumer reference and starting place for the uninformed.  The best source of facts and information about vacuums are the pros and experts in the industry. 

WRT your reference, words are meaningless.  Actions speak louder than words.  The best recommendations for a product/brand is buying another one for yourself and/or for your friends, family and the people you influence.    

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #102   Nov 13, 2009 12:15 pm
CarmineD wrote:
dyson DiB:

Like Consumer Reports here in the USA with regard to vacuums and reliabilty, Which? is a consumer guide not the gospel.  Both leave much to be desired, but they are a consumer reference and starting place for the uninformed.  The best source of facts and information about vacuums are the pros and experts in the industry. 

WRT your reference, words are meaningless.  Actions speak louder than words.  The best recommendations for a product/brand is buying another one for yourself and/or for your friends, family and the people you influence.    

Carmine D.

I would suggest... Which is gospel/close to gospel to millions of readers (paying customers).  CR claims to have 19m [total] sets of eyeball’s per month.  Which and CR have the responsibility and a self-burden of getting the real-world facts straight.

As for most (not all) independents...  would you suggest a buyer going to one of your friends...perhaps the guy who’s nailed his Dyson’s to the floor and bad-mouths them (per you)?  Most vacuum buyers haul-as past their local independent and onto a big box out of distrust.

DIB

CarmineD

Reply #103   Nov 13, 2009 12:52 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
I would suggest... Which is gospel/close to gospel to millions of readers (paying customers).  CR claims to have 19m [total] sets of eyeball’s per month.  Which and CR have the responsibility and a self-burden of getting the real-world facts straight.

As for most (not all) independents...  would you suggest a buyer going to one of your friends...perhaps the guy who’s nailed his Dyson’s to the floor and bad-mouths them (per you)?  Most vacuum buyers haul-as past their local independent and onto a big box out of distrust.

DIB

dyson DiB:

WRT CR and Which? Just because you say that's the way it is/should be, doesn't make it true for all vacuum buyers.  The world is not ruled by cold hard facts alone, despite your beliefs.  Judgement and experience also factor into the facts.  The pro's and experts in the industry provide the wisdom to correctly interpret and apply the facts. 

WRT nailed down dysons, I know of no cases to back this up except your saying so here on many occasions and attributing wrongly to others.    

Carmine D.

Replies: 94 - 103 of 103Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42