Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > "What has dyson invented now?"

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
ArtieV1

"What has dyson invented now?"
Original Message   Oct 11, 2009 11:23 pm
I received this "teaser email today: http://links.mkt2388.com/ctt?kn=1&m=2735925&r=MTgwOTM1MTgzMTcS1&b=0&j=NzgxMTAyODMS1&mt=1&rt=0
Anyone know what's up with this??

-=Art=-
Replies: 72 - 81 of 254Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Acerone

Re: "What has dyson invented now?"
Reply #72   Oct 15, 2009 11:03 am
Our local Oreck store went out of business. It was located in the Best Buy strip mall, looks like BB killed them....
DysonInventsBig

Reply #73   Oct 15, 2009 12:25 pm
Dyson air multiplier videos

DysonInventsBig wrote:
DysonInventsBig wrote:

Which Magazine has their Live launch archived (includes a QT Multiplier promo video):
http://www.which.co.uk/news/2009/10/dyson-air-multiplier-fan-launch-186125.jsp
DysonInventsBig wrote: DysonInventsBig wrote:
Sir James Dyson enjoying free press (airtime) on CNBC:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232/?video=1293828771&play=1

NY News coverage - Dyson air multiplier launch event:
http://ny1.com/9-staten-island-news-content/ny1_living/107332/new-dyson-fan-blows-away-the-need-for-blades

CarmineD

Reply #74   Oct 15, 2009 1:23 pm
I can think of a brand that produces $500 plus vacuums that don't perform as well a $50 HOOVER TEMPO!   

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #75   Oct 15, 2009 1:29 pm
Ace:

That might be the first ORECK store ever to shutter.  Unless, it moves to another location?  Probably not the last.

BEST BUY stores aren't off the hook either.  Tho, I have serious doubt that the BB store did the ORECK store in.  I suspect since many strip mall have lost their anchor stores and with them customer traffic, then the rent/lease costs may no longer be warranted.   Remember the advice I gave to turtle1 and others here awhile back.  Rather than spending the $300,000 for an ORECK franchise, find a goodd location for a business/store and use the money to buy it.

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #76   Oct 15, 2009 1:29 pm
Oh what a load of old shi*, Carmine! Do it on a hard floor and the Dyson will STILL pick up dirt left over by ANY bagged upright.
CarmineD

Reply #77   Oct 15, 2009 1:33 pm
You use any brand vacuum you want on a hard floor.  When you are done, I'll go back over with a broom and dust pan and pick up everything you left behind.   

That's the oldest trick in the fuller brush sales play book.  Same principle applies.  The last to go is always the winner.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 15, 2009 by CarmineD
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #78   Oct 15, 2009 2:18 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Oh what a load of old shi*, Carmine! Do it on a hard floor and the Dyson will STILL pick up dirt left over by ANY bagged upright.

In validated tests conducted by Consumer Reports, most Dysons weren't too impressive at removing dirt from carpets.  While many Hoovers regularly get excellent scores for carpet cleaning (CR scores are:  Excellent, Very Good, good, fair, poor), Dysons with few exceptions only get "good" scores.  One notable exception is the new hard to push Dyson with air muscle technology.  It actually scored "very good" (still below the standard set by the Hoover bagged Windtunnel and $60 Tempo).  Given the same opportunity to remove dirt from the test rugs, the bagged Hoovers did a better job than the Dysons. 

If you did your test both ways, I believe the Hoover would pick up a lot more dirt that the Dyson missed than vice versa. 

That's not to say that your carpeting will be filthy if you have a Dyson.   If you use your Dyson regularly and thoroughly, you can have clean carpeting.  

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
CarmineD

Reply #79   Oct 15, 2009 2:37 pm
SEVERUS:

A very savvy poster here once wrote that the HOOVER uprights are the gold standard of carpet cleaning and grooming.  Consumer Reports gets it right on this one.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #80   Oct 15, 2009 3:43 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Severus wrote:
In validated tests conducted by Consumer Reports, most Dysons weren't too impressive at removing dirt from carpets.  While many Hoovers regularly get excellent scores for carpet cleaning (CR scores are:  Excellent, Very Good, good, fair, poor), Dysons with few exceptions only get "good" scores.  One notable exception is the new hard to push Dyson with air muscle technology.  It actually scored "very good" (still below the standard set by the Hoover bagged Windtunnel and $60 Tempo).  Given the same opportunity to remove dirt from the test rugs, the bagged Hoovers did a better job than the Dysons. 

If you did your test both ways, I believe the Hoover would pick up a lot more dirt that the Dyson missed than vice versa. 

That's not to say that your carpeting will be filthy if you have a Dyson.   If you use your Dyson regularly and thoroughly, you can have clean carpeting.  

VacuumUK,

It seems Venson and Carmine don’t care much for your post.  I do.  FYI - Venson's buddies here are dealer[s] who's livelyhoods depends on selling bagged vacuums and the (often times) exclsive replacement bags (very expensive vacs and bags I might add).

CR on vacuums is worthless (nearly):    If you've read our CR debates here or looked critically how CR tests the lowly vacuum cleaner, bold faced refusal to discuss the benefits to Dyson-cyclonic’s, and their refusal to test real-world tests...  you'll see CR is dirty and their tests and the goofs who run the testing as laughable.  Heck, CR does not pay any federal or state taxes and it's still a financial looser.  They only stay in business because of the millions "donated" every year by individuals who are not affiliated with any corporation.

DIB

Laughable?
L  - photo:  CR showing their readers how uprights are difficult, limited, clumsy and somewhat dangerous to use at cleaning stairs.
R - photo:  Anyone with a 3rd grade or higher education showing how uprights can reach farther than canisters, are fast, simple and safer to use at cleaning stairs (onboard hose/wand made popular courtesy James Dyson).

This message was modified Oct 15, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #81   Oct 15, 2009 4:30 pm
DIB:

I find his posts hilarious.  I didn't realize that in this age and time some of the oldest and most legendary vacuum industry myths are still being circulated and believed.  What's even more hilarious is that if I remember correctly he said he is/was a paid reviewer for vacuum products and worked for Which?  Like they say:  What have you been doing all your life??

So, DIB should we now add Consumer Reports to the anti-dyson conspiracy along with all the indies in the USA? 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 15, 2009 by CarmineD
Replies: 72 - 81 of 254Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42