Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > "What has dyson invented now?"

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
ArtieV1

"What has dyson invented now?"
Original Message   Oct 11, 2009 11:23 pm
I received this "teaser email today: http://links.mkt2388.com/ctt?kn=1&m=2735925&r=MTgwOTM1MTgzMTcS1&b=0&j=NzgxMTAyODMS1&mt=1&rt=0
Anyone know what's up with this??

-=Art=-
Replies: 41 - 50 of 254Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
HARDSELL

Re: "What has dyson invented now?"
Reply #41   Oct 13, 2009 6:20 pm
M00seUK wrote:
Guys:

How do you know these were bought and sold?  Or gifted in the hopes to spark sales?  These Air Blades don't stay in new condition in the boxes forever.  They have a limited shelf.  Parts deteriorate if stagnated after 3-4 years.  They would have to be re-opened and re-inspected to ensure product worthiness.  These driers don't stay new in the boxes forever. 

Carmine D.

---

Hi Carmine, while there's really no concrete way of me knowing the answer... one shopping mall near to where I worked had one installed soon after launch, which I presume was a sample. 18 months later, they appeared to have brought approx. 20 units for the other washrooms around the place. They're quite a good product for pre-sales samples, as they likely aren't an expensive product in terms of cost price as it's all the unique design patents and the added value the a buyer might pay for.

Do you think they really would have such a short box life? Given that they're supposed to built to a high grade of durability? 'Can't personally see it myself...

Carmine is confused  ( as Usual ).  He thought they used Oreck belts which do deteriorate on the shelf.
vacmanuk

Reply #42   Oct 13, 2009 7:37 pm
Lordy, what does it matter about shelf life? The Airblade is a new type of hand dryer installed in many public toilets and I find it far more hygienic than the old types.
CarmineD

Reply #43   Oct 13, 2009 8:01 pm
Well guys instead of trying to convince me how good it is for $1400 why not buy one for your personal use and tell us how you like it?  As they say, put your money where your .............  [you know the rest].   If I were a brit and felt like you all, I would buy at least one to test it out.

Carmine D.

PS:  How many $300 dyson fans are you guys buying?  None.  That's what I thought.  Talk is cheap.  Plunk your money down and then tell me how great it is.  Or wait until Dec 1, and when you get your free dyson products to blog about how great they are, you have to tell us so. 

This message was modified Oct 13, 2009 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #44   Oct 13, 2009 8:22 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Carmine is confused  ( as Usual ).  He thought they used Oreck belts which do deteriorate on the shelf.

Wrong HS.  I posted about this already.  You're not reading and comprehending.  According to RICCAR/SIMPLICITY personnel, the shelf life of these lightweight vacuums require that they replace the belts upon sale.  Not so with the ORECK's.  They sell quickly and belts are fine at time of sale.  Try and keep up.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #45   Oct 13, 2009 9:53 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Wrong HS.  I posted about this already.  You're not reading and comprehending.  According to RICCAR/SIMPLICITY personnel, the shelf life of these lightweight vacuums require that they replace the belts upon sale.  Not so with the ORECK's.  They sell quickly and belts are fine at time of sale.  Try and keep up.

Carmine D.

You are the one who made the first comment about Oreck belts being bad out of the box.  Search back.
HARDSELL

Reply #46   Oct 13, 2009 9:54 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Well guys instead of trying to convince me how good it is for $1400 why not buy one for your personal use and tell us how you like it?  As they say, put your money where your .............  [you know the rest].   If I were a brit and felt like you all, I would buy at least one to test it out.

Carmine D.

PS:  How many $300 dyson fans are you guys buying?  None.  That's what I thought.  Talk is cheap.  Plunk your money down and then tell me how great it is.  Or wait until Dec 1, and when you get your free dyson products to blog about how great they are, you have to tell us so. 

And you own how many wall mount dryers?
CarmineD

Reply #47   Oct 14, 2009 6:59 am
HARDSELL wrote:
You are the one who made the first comment about Oreck belts being bad out of the box.  Search back.

I did and said they are fresh out of the box because sales are quick and shelf-life is short.  One of the few lightweights for which this is true.  Prove me wrong HS, if you can. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #48   Oct 14, 2009 7:04 am
HARDSELL wrote:
And you own how many wall mount dryers?

The same number as you.  None are the Air Blade.  My reasons are well documented here already.  At $1400 the dyson Air Blade is too expensive.  The best rated hand drier on the market which beats dyson's Air Blade in every spec/category is half as much in cost at $700.  Why pay twice as much for less performance?   

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #49   Oct 14, 2009 7:05 am
CarmineD wrote:
I did and said they are fresh out of the box because sales are quick and shelf-life is short.  One of the few lightweights for which this is true.  Prove me wrong HS, if you can. 

Carmine D.

You made the statement.  The burden is on you to prove that you are correct.

Just for thought.  If they go stale on the shelf how long does it take one to go stale in use.

CarmineD

Reply #50   Oct 14, 2009 7:21 am
M00seUK wrote:
My, that's quite a 'free' prime time advert he had there, wasn't it? Roll over while I tickle your belly! You should see the grilling spokespeople like him get on BBC News!
Interesting that he said that while vac sales have gone down in the recession, Dyson's market share has gone up.

Figures lie and liars figure.  Sounds like dyson went from his old reliable "largest dollar share of vacuums sold" to a new measure.  Give me the cold hard numbers not the dyson speak. 

Carmine D.

Replies: 41 - 50 of 254Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42