Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > "What has dyson invented now?"

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
ArtieV1

"What has dyson invented now?"
Original Message   Oct 11, 2009 11:23 pm
I received this "teaser email today: http://links.mkt2388.com/ctt?kn=1&m=2735925&r=MTgwOTM1MTgzMTcS1&b=0&j=NzgxMTAyODMS1&mt=1&rt=0
Anyone know what's up with this??

-=Art=-
Replies: 235 - 244 of 254Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Re: "What has dyson invented now?"
Reply #235   Dec 11, 2009 3:30 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:

Apparently you don't know as much as you think OR you flip flop flap to suit the purpose.  Dyson itself in its press releases, and a dyson rep here in the past, Matt mmc AirBlade, provided the stat and data.

Seems whenever you get trumped by the facts and stats you get personal and play the dyson wealth card.  How's that working for you?  Speaking and/or repeating something over and over never makes it fact or a stat, unless you're you.

Several here posted these flaws and defects here for you to comment.  Nothing yet from you.  

1. Dyson DC25 ball with defective motor wirng harnesses after just months of sale/use from several sources posting here.  My comment is - get em fix for fee (it's under a warranty).
  2. Dyson DC23 Motorhead with defective power/nozzle hose electrical connection within several months of purchase and light use.  My comment is - get em fix for fee (it's under a warranty).
  3. Dyson DC24 with defective brush nozzle head new out of the box.  My comment is to return it.
  4. Dyson DC17 with evidence of voided warranties on wool rugs [Unique carpeting] since the product launch and still.    My comment is - if wool is your thing and investment then take 5-10 minutes out of your day and call the mfg and go off their recommendations.  No excuses.
  5. Evidence of additional premature rug wear on synthetic carpets by dyson vacuums with voided rug warranties, possibly due to DC28 design and rug settings [dyson's latest and greatest].    Give me a break...where's the evidence outside of your mind (where's the docs, lawsuits, etc.).
  6. Finally, discontinuing the clutch after DC07 and DC14 high repair costs and faulty use on many style carpets.    My comment is - don't listen to you or anyone like you.  The DC07 is extinct and the DC14 is nearing extinction (at retail).
  7. Deal with the core issues, if you dare.

Carmine D.

8. Dyson DC24 with defective brush nozzle head new out of the box.  My comment is to return it.
  9. Dyson DC17 with evidence of voided warranties on wool rugs [Unique carpeting] since the product launch and still.    My comment is - if wool is your thing and investment then take 5-10 minutes out of your day and call the mfg and go off their recommendations.  No excuses.
  10. Evidence of additional premature rug wear on synthetic carpets by dyson vacuums with voided rug warranties, possibly due to DC28 design and rug settings [dyson's latest and greatest].    Give me a break...where's the evidence outside of your mind (where's the docs, lawsuits, etc.).
  11. Finally, discontinuing the clutch after DC07 and DC14 high repair costs and faulty use on many style carpets.    My comment is - don't listen to you or anyone like you.  The DC07 is extinct and the DC14 is nearing extinction (at retail).

Deal with the core issues, if you dare.

Carmine D.

Has Dyson developed a real fix for the design defects?  Or do they just replace the parts that wear out prematurely due to the poor design? 

Regarding the wool carpeting, I thought you weren't supposed to use any vacuum with a rotating brush.   Is there anything unique about the Dyson that causes problems on the wool carpeting? 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
Venson

Reply #236   Dec 11, 2009 5:09 pm
Severus wrote:
Venson,

. . . I've never lived in a home with a central vac, so I don't know much about them.  

However, having used my sisters dirt clogged bagless Hoover foldaway and attempting to clean the pleated filter by banging the filter against the garbage can, I quickly learned to despise such filthy designs. . . .

Decent central vac systems usually have greater suction than even the best of portable vacs. They also afford greater dust capacity -- we're talking several gallons worth of collected dirt, dust and debris. That means only having to empty the main unit just a few times a year. Because the main unit is generally installed in a part of the house well-removed from the regular living space vacuum cleaning can be a relatively quiet, unperturbing affair save for the whoosh of air at the hose end or the added noise of a power nozzle in use.

Greatest benefit is that there is zero percent blow-back if your unit exhausts to the outside. (Does this set the birdies and the local rabbit in your backyard sneezing? I dunno.)

A downside for some may be the trade-off. Dealing with a portable vac means dealing with the machine, its tools and also finding good places to plug in. A central vac has a very long hose (25-30 feet) which you have to find convenient storage place for. Dealers do supply wall mounted hangers for the hoses and also tools but the idea of hauling things out for quick clean-ups may be daunting to some.

MOLE is going to smack me but . . . my main problem with central vacs these days is that, at least in my opinion, the makers are also attempting to reinvent the wheel in trying to make central vacs for everyone. The results are bagged versions, models that have filtered exhausts to eliminate need for outside venting allowing installment in attached multiple dwellings. Keeping things simple in this case is nice I think. My lack of like for the gussied up central models is due to the potential extra expense by way of bag and filter purchases. These bagged units can be large or as small as the Canadian Cubby Vac. I like cyclonic units with external exhausts because there is a bit less expenditure required after their initial installation.

As for portable bagless vacs with pleated filters, they've been a turn-off since Jump Street. I've had several and found that whatever they may have impressed me with when first out of the box was soon forgotten as dirt began to embed in the filters even after regular dutiful tapping, brushing AND even washing. The quality of airflow degraded only to be pepped up again by a trip to the dealer for not necessarily replacement filters.

Venson
This message was modified Dec 11, 2009 by Venson
CarmineD

Reply #237   Dec 12, 2009 6:46 am
Severus wrote:
Venson,

You make some great points.   I've never lived in a home with a central vac, so I don't know much about them.  

However, having used my sisters dirt clogged bagless Hoover foldaway and attempting to clean the pleated filter by banging the filter against the garbage can, I quickly learned to despise such filthy designs.  These bagless designs were far inferior to any bagged vacuum.    Because of that experience, I have some admiration for Dysons work in incorporating a relatively pain free bagless filtration system.  

Hello SEVERUS:

I recall dyson's DC07 and early dyson bagless [now/soon to be discontinued] came with the false claim of cleaning pre-post motor filters once or twice a year depending on use.  With the mantra "Never clogs, never loses suction."  No more.  After trhe class action filing by 39 disgruntled dyson users in the UK, along with 2 vacuum makers, to the ASA, dyson was ordered to cease and desist else suffer punitive damages.  The mantra is long gone by dyson and its retailers.  The cleaning schedules for dyson filters are 2-3 months or more frequently depending on usage. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Dec 12, 2009 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #238   Dec 12, 2009 6:54 am
Severus wrote:
Has Dyson developed a real fix for the design defects?  Or do they just replace the parts that wear out prematurely due to the poor design? 

Regarding the wool carpeting, I thought you weren't supposed to use any vacuum with a rotating brush.   Is there anything unique about the Dyson that causes problems on the wool carpeting? 

Hi SEVERUS:

I have Mohawk wool medium pile loop carpet in my new home in Las Vegas.  Have for almost 3 1/2 years.  With a yellow English lab who shed year round, until she went to puppy heaven in October after 12 years.

I've used an assortment of vacuums with and without revolving brushes on the rugs.  HOOVER, ORECK, EUREKA, SIMPLICITY, BISSELL, dyson, etc.  Uprights with revolving brushes do the best.  As well as canns with a good power nozzle. 

All worked well except dyson's DC07 with the gawd awful clutch.  Brush bar stalled constantly and got wrapped with dog hair. 

Still use a HOOVER TEMPO and ORECK XL Classic regularly.  Rugs are cleaned and groomed.  HOOVER is the best with WT technology, ORECK is a distant second.

WRT dyson defects and faults, dyson's cure is to discontinue, reinvent, move on and charge more.  "Flaw to function" as the Business Week editor dubbed the subtitle of the article on dyson's Air Multiplier.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #239   Dec 12, 2009 8:01 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Cameron,
Your word has proven worthless countless of times here.  I can almost care less how the markets tally up.  But if you want to belly up with a quote, a link, a doc, an article, a press release, a lawsuit that proves you/your words/claims as having credibility - then feel free.

Dyson Invents Big

Dib-ster:

The internet and this Forum are filled with pages of documented information, links, testimonials, etc about the many dyson shortcomings and misgivings.  Why do you think there are so many dyson refurbs? 

You have been provided for years and years.  You like to shift the focus from dyson to me/others like the bad mouthing dyson indies.  Just as you cavalierly say "fix under warranty, " or "return."  This does not address the causes of all the problems.  But just the symtoms.  How's that working for you? 

• Why do dyson's DC25 motor harness wirings fail under warranty? 
  • Why are the clutch model dysons discontinued?
  • Why was dyson's DC11 pulled off the USA shelves in less than 9 months, never to be seen again, if it was such a success according to you?  
  • Why is the new dyson filter cleaning schedule 2-3 months vice 6-9 months as was the original case? 
  • Why are new dysons defective right out of the box/within just a few months of purchase? 
  • Why did dyson add height adjustments after 9 years if the floating brush nozzle was a success, according to you? 

Deal with the core issues if you dare, not just the symtoms with diversion tactics.  Don't play the dyson wealth card.  We're not impressed.  It's a diversion.  And I'll remind you, Sir James' net worth is going down not up based on the sources and references you quoted here, not me.  Why?

BTW, HOOVER is appearing on HSN on Monday Dec 14, with a segment on Gifts for the Home!  Sorry no dyson this time.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #240   Dec 12, 2009 11:27 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Cameron,
Your word has proven worthless countless of times here.  I can almost care less how the markets tally up.  But if you want to belly up with a quote, a link, a doc, an article, a press release, a lawsuit that proves you/your words/claims as having credibility - then feel free.

Dyson Invents Big

CarmineD wrote:
Dib-ster:

The internet and this Forum are filled with pages of documented information, links, testimonials, etc about the many dyson shortcomings and misgivings.  Why do you think there are so many dyson refurbs? 

You have been provided for years and years.  You like to shift the focus from dyson to me/others like the bad mouthing dyson indies.  Just as you cavalierly say "fix under warranty, " or "return."  This does not address the causes of all the problems.  But just the symtoms.  How's that working for you? 

• Why was dyson's DC11 pulled off the USA shelves in less than 9 months, never to be seen again, if it was such a success according to you?  
  • Why is the new dyson filter cleaning schedule 2-3 months vice 6-9 months as was the original case? 
  • Why are new dysons defective right out of the box/within just a few months of purchase? 
  • Why did dyson add height adjustments after 9 years if the floating brush nozzle was a success, according to you? 

Deal with the core issues if you dare, not just the symtoms with diversion tactics.  Don't play the dyson wealth card.  We're not impressed.  It's a diversion.  And I'll remind you, Sir James' net worth is going down not up based on the sources and references you quoted here, not me.  Why?

BTW, HOOVER is appearing on HSN on Monday Dec 14, with a segment on Gifts for the Home!  Sorry no dyson this time.

Carmine D.

Cameron,

You’re asking me to run around to prove or disprove your mindless and/or empty words and/or claims and/or positions?... Give me a break.  Of all the Dyson bad-mouthers, you’re the laziest.

55 yrs. of BS may have milked your customers in your shop back in the day...but it ain’t workin here.

Dyson Invents Big

DysonInventsBig

Reply #241   Dec 12, 2009 11:40 am
Severus wrote:

---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---

Venson aka Google Chrome aka Severus aka Proxy Server,

Hey goofy, for a guy who's computer and browser savvy (claimed), why in the hell can't you click the quote button like everyone else and then type below the quote box?

Take a look...  There's nothing (no text) inside the "Severus wrote:" quote box (above here).  In the past you would do this as a goofy way to disguise or make Severus look different or not you (when you posted above or inside the quote or inside the quoted text box).  You're more work than I'm willin to put in. If I cannot click "quote" and reply under a quote text box with text in it so to keep a conversation organized and easy to follow or reply (as do normal people) - then don't bother asking me any more questions or direct anything at me.  I bet you know your way around proxy apps. and proxy services pretty good and I bet you know your way around the the many video chats sites and other forums real good too.  I bet you’re up to speed on all the differing compressions, differing web cams and compatibilities.

Soon as you get it together I'll answer or reply or comment or attack any bogus claim you throw out.

Dyson Invents Big.

This message was modified Dec 12, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #242   Dec 12, 2009 3:18 pm
DiB-ster:

True to your form.  Can't deal with the dyson core issues on defects, flaws and false claims so get personal and/or use diversionary tactics.  How's that working for you?

My 55 years plus in the vacuum industry have worked just fine.  I can spot shills like you, for dyson, a mile away.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #243   Dec 12, 2009 4:15 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Agree with you SEVERUS.  The reason that most indies don't sell dysons to their customers even if they are dyson dealers.

Carmine D.

Cameron,

Thanks for turning on your conning buddies.  "[Dyson dealers don't] sell Dyson's to their customers."

Dyson Invents Big

DysonInventsBig

Reply #244   Dec 12, 2009 4:17 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Cameron,

Dyson Invents Big

CarmineD wrote:
Dib-ster:

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig wrote:
Cameron,

You’re asking me to run around to prove or disprove your mindless and/or empty words and/or claims and/or positions?... Give me a break.  Of all the Dyson bad-mouthers, you’re the laziest.

55 yrs. of BS may have milked your customers in your shop back in the day...but it ain’t workin here.

Dyson Invents Big

CarmineD wrote:
DiB-ster:

True to your form.  Can't deal with the dyson core issues on defects, flaws and false claims so get personal and/or use diversionary tactics.  How's that working for you?

My 55 years plus in the vacuum industry have worked just fine.  I can spot shills like you, for dyson, a mile away.

Carmine D.

Cameron,

You have zero or near zero equity here in terms of bellying up with anything factual or demonstrable that supports your anti-Dyson lies or anti-Dyson mud-slinging. 

Congrats to you for 55 years of selling underwhelming wares.  And shame on you for 55 years of selling cons. 

Dyson Invents Big

Replies: 235 - 244 of 254Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42