Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > The all new Dyson DC26 "Japan"

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Acerone

The all new Dyson DC26 "Japan"
Original Message   Mar 13, 2009 5:05 pm
Dyson Japan

This message was modified Mar 14, 2009 by Acerone
Replies: 71 - 80 of 159Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
mikegoodstadt

Re: The all new Dyson DC26 "Japan"
Reply #71   Oct 9, 2009 6:06 am
These have just been released in Spain priced 399€. We had been mulling over which to buy and saw this yesterday.
SOLD! Why would you want anything else bigger?

Here are the specifications in the same format as the other products on the Dyson site (took me a few Google translations of the Japan site and a UK phonecall to source):

Patented cyclone technology : Root Cyclone™ technology core separator
Delivery : -
Suction power : 165 AW
Movement type : Fixed wheel
Filtration : Lifetime HEPA
Cleaner head : Mini Flat Out™ head
Stair cleaning : Sits on stairs
Bin capacity : 0.65 litres Clear bin™
Tools / accessories :
* Crevice tool
* Stair tool
* Brush tool
Dimensions : 266x320x205mm(HxDxW)
Max. reach : 8.6 metres
Cord length : 5 metres
Weight : 3.22 kg (5.62 kg)

I think that this is all - any corrections welcome. Note that the Japanese site does not contain the Power rating.

Mike
CarmineD

Reply #72   Oct 9, 2009 7:35 am
If my conversion from Euros to dollars is correct the 399 Euros equates to $590 US.  Down from the $800 price previously announced/posted here.  The price decline can be due as much to the weakening dollar as fall off in consumer buying and spending.  Especially for pricey household items that are nice to have but unessential to life.

If I recall, a poster criticized the smallish bin capacity on the VAX lightweight upright at 1.5 liters.  This DC has a .65 liter dirt bin capacity, less than half the VAX size, and yet almost 2 times if not more than the likely price of the VAX upright.  Teenzie weenzie is cutzie wootzie right up until the times you have to dance the dirt bin dump shuffle every 10 minutes.  Not to mention all the required filter maintenance with a half pint sized vacuum with165 AW of power.  The two, baby suction power and baby dirt bin, will keep the buyers/users of these baby dysons up close and personal with their vacuuming needs.  There's reasons these dysons are called 'baby.'  Obviously not because of the price.  More in terms of needed attention and TLC.

BTW, the VAX lightweight upright has 200 AW of power.  Comparable to a  full size vacuum.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 9, 2009 by CarmineD
Venson

Reply #73   Oct 9, 2009 10:24 am
mikegoodstadt wrote:
These have just been released in Spain priced 399€. We had been mulling over which to buy and saw this&#65279; yesterday.<BR>SOLD! Why would you want anything else bigger?<BR><BR>Here are the specifications in the same format as the other products on the Dyson site (took me a few Google translations of the Japan site and a UK phonecall to source):<BR><BR>Patented cyclone technology : Root Cyclone™ technology core separator<BR>Delivery : -<BR>Suction power : 165 AW<BR>Movement type : Fixed wheel<BR>Filtration : Lifetime HEPA<BR>Cleaner head : Mini Flat Out™ head<BR>Stair cleaning : Sits on stairs<BR>Bin capacity : 0.65 litres Clear bin™<BR>Tools / accessories :<BR>* Crevice tool<BR>* Stair tool<BR>* Brush tool<BR>Dimensions : 266x320x205mm(HxDxW)<BR>Max. reach : 8.6 metres<BR>Cord length : 5 metres<BR>Weight : 3.22 kg (5.62 kg)<BR><BR>I think that this is all - any corrections welcome. Note that the Japanese site does not contain the Power rating.<BR><BR>Mike<br type="_moz"/>

Hi mikegoodstadt,

My place is certainly not large but a vacuum with a nine-inch PN would not serve me well when I'm cleaning. It will also probably prove an annoyance to eventual slick spiel-impressed buyers when it gets down to brass tacks with the average vacuum user. This particular vacuum would be best suited for anyone living in a one-bedroom or less young exec or execette pad who has little traffic and faithfully uses and empties it every day.

Everyone is entitled to his or own opinion but I still view this machine as merely an expensive toy. All I can say to that is blessed are those who have enough available cash, or credit, to cover the cost of this kind of amusement. In that, yes your right, I'm jealous.

That said --- in this case stats don't mean a thing to me as the cleaner is just too small in size and too high in price to be of any practical use in the average home.

Its size is so diminutive that it is more a cute hand vac than anything else. Save for the manner of dust collection and the mini PN, it is not new. General Electric/Premier and Westinghouse had easy to store mini-canisters with stronger than usual motors on the market 1940's and 1950's. Hoover's Porta Power also picked up the banner along the way and besides Eureka's Mighty Mite there are now also "compact" canisters put out by many makers that can do five times the work of this little thingy at less than a fourth of the price which, again, is the most thing impractical about it.

Not bragging, for years there has been ability and technology here to have fitted an American mini-can with a PN. I strongly suspect the lack of that event was due to acute knowledge of the market and not oversight. Instead, power nozzles were often delegated to even more easy to store ans use lightweight stick vacs.

I wish him well but considering what's already available and how American market value goes, this machine should sell for no more the equivalent of $300 to $350 American at best if Lord Jimmy expects to give anyone a run for the money here in the U.S.

Best,

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #74   Oct 9, 2009 12:22 pm
James Dyson is still trying to pitch "value" [not saying dyson products are, just saying his pitch is] while consumers, at least Americans, are looking for cheap.  It's not 2002 anymore when BEST BUY convinced James to launch the dyson lineup in the USA.  It's 2009, people can't spend what they don't have.  2010 and 2011 if the US gurus are right, aren't looking any better.

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #75   Oct 9, 2009 1:24 pm
CarmineD wrote:
James Dyson is still trying to pitch "value" [not saying dyson products are, just saying his pitch is] while consumers, at least Americans, are looking for cheap.  It's not 2002 anymore when BEST BUY convinced James to launch the dyson lineup in the USA.  It's 2009, people can't spend what they don't have.  2010 and 2011 if the US gurus are right, aren't looking any better.

Carmine D.

HI CARMINE

Nothing about dyson [pitch/products]  says value.....a cool looking little canister ,  it is.  Alot better/equal  at far less is availiable all over the market..

$300 for this is still way overpriced.....even to those who can afford. ..$100-120 max is about right for this one..and at that price range the compitition is dangerous and will domininate/outlast  dysons best....old/and new.....keeps his prices high to avoid direct comp.  just my view , but it is what it is.

turtle1 

This message was modified Oct 9, 2009 by retardturtle1
DysonInventsBig

Reply #76   Oct 9, 2009 4:13 pm
mikegoodstadt wrote:
These have just been released in Spain priced 399€. We had been mulling over which to buy and saw this yesterday.
SOLD! Why would you want anything else bigger?

Here are the specifications in the same format as the other products on the Dyson site (took me a few Google translations of the Japan site and a UK phonecall to source):

Patented cyclone technology : Root Cyclone™ technology core separator
Delivery : -
Suction power : 165 AW
Movement type : Fixed wheel
Filtration : Lifetime HEPA
Cleaner head : Mini Flat Out™ head
Stair cleaning : Sits on stairs
Bin capacity : 0.65 litres Clear bin™
Tools / accessories :
* Crevice tool
* Stair tool
* Brush tool
Dimensions : 266x320x205mm(HxDxW)
Max. reach : 8.6 metres
Cord length : 5 metres
Weight : 3.22 kg (5.62 kg)

I think that this is all - any corrections welcome. Note that the Japanese site does not contain the Power rating.

Mike

Mike,
I see you received a “meet & greet” by some of our nations biggest Dyson bad-mouther’s and rock-throwers.  These so-called vacuum experts have a long comical history here (and in their vacuum stores) of bad-mouthing Sir James, his people, his philanthropy and his products.

Your vacuum is a world’s first in many ways and nothing can touch it in terms of a) size/no loss of suction, b) no additional costs (no bags, no hastle), c) maneuverability and yes… d) suction strength.  Because all bagged vacuums loose around 40-50% of their suction strength (typically use - fine dust clogs bags), your vacuum maintains its air watts (no loss of suction strength).  Do the math… comparable sized bagged vacuums prove they underperform their advertised suction claims. 

Your vacuum’s nozzle out-turns all other power nozzles.  Dyson is calling the steerable power nozzle with its hemispherical wheels “V-Ball.”
Sir James is a smart guy…  Did you know the conservative party wants him to lead the UK (if voted in) in technological advancements or promoting/starting and selling UK technologies?  It’s big news in the UK but the so-called vacuum (UK) enthusiasts refuse to post it here.

I wondered if a pancake-like pre-filter and [this type] airflow routing would be the way to go to reduce a canisters size and now we know…  it is.

Since your vacuum is very convenient to store and use you may be using it more often and you will notice less dust in your home and in your carpets too.  If you push/pull the nozzle over carpeting slower (than typical) you’ll pull more out of your carpets and rugs.  Any vacuum larger/more powerful than this on hard surfaces is typically unnecessary.

Enjoy your vacuum…  a worlds first and another Dyson-only solution to an untapped market.  Certainly another money-maker for Sir James and another problem solver for its users and another vacuum for Dyson’s competitors to study and attempt to reverse engineer.

DIB

P.S.  While the self-acclaimed... the so-called experts here hammer Dyson’s price points they openly use and/or support their vac-dealer buddies who sell big margin $400-$1200 vacuums.  Comic relief…   it does not get any better than this!

CarmineD

Reply #77   Oct 9, 2009 7:10 pm
DIB:

As usual you got it wrong.  We hammer dyson products, not James.  $600 plus for bagless plastic out sourced Malaysian made mediocre performing vacuums that require buku TLC is way over the top.  Hence the reason many many indies don't carry and sell the brand. 

Add to the above mix the worse global recession in 40 years, and the dyson product pricing strategy is a lose lose proposition.

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #78   Oct 10, 2009 5:42 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Mike,
I see you received a “meet & greet” by some of our nations biggest Dyson bad-mouther’s and rock-throwers.  These so-called vacuum experts have a long comical history here (and in their vacuum stores) of bad-mouthing Sir James, his people, his philanthropy and his products.

DIB

P.S.  While the self-acclaimed... the so-called experts here hammer Dyson’s price points they openly use and/or support their vac-dealer buddies who sell big margin $400-$1200 vacuums.  Comic relief…   it does not get any better than this!

And Who  are we suppose to  listen to You'' Dubba, I know  you couldnt change a cord on vacuum let alone your 23lbs dyson ball that you found in the trash,go spout your party line in spain,

MOLE
DysonInventsBig

Reply #79   Oct 10, 2009 11:32 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Mike,

DIB

mole wrote:
And Who  are we suppose to  listen to You'' Dubba, I know  you couldnt change a cord on vacuum let alone your 23lbs dyson ball that you found in the trash,go spout your party line in spain,

MOLE

The word is...  the uncomplicated, in the public domain/tired bagged imports will soon be sold by the pound, not unlike a piece of Cod.  My apologies to the Cod.

DIB

P.S.  You've never listed on this forum, the names of the high margin (for the vac shop owner) vacuum manufacturers you represent.  Would you list them now?
This message was modified Oct 10, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #80   Oct 10, 2009 2:05 pm
DIB:

New vacuum sales were never a money maker in my 42 years of owning and operating a vacuum cleaner sales and service business.  I sold new vacuums as an accomodation to my clientele.  For example, customers would come in and want a new vacuum purchase for a gift/occasion.  New in the box fit the bill.

The new makes/models I sold new were HOOVER, EUREKA, Westinghouse and Panasonic.  If you think these are and ever were high profit margin vacuums you validate what we already know here about you and your knowledge of the vacuum industry.  My business served the working people of 3 major cities and towns.  New import models were out of the question.  If customers wanted a new KIRBY, LUX, Rainbow, Air-Way, I put them in contact with one of the sales reps/branch managers for these brands.  I never asked what the prices were and/or a kick-back, despite many who offered me a kickback. 

My business was primarily in rebuilt vacuum, which I GUARANTEED for ONE YEAR just like a new vacuum at the time, parts and repairs of all makes and models of vacuums.  Not new vacuum sales.  Never.

Now that you know my background in the vacuum business, care to share with us what is your background in the vacuum business/industry?  I've asked you this before and you always are silent.  While we in the business, apst present, like MOLE, Procare, and others are forthright and honest.  Makes us think you are hiding something.  Are you hiding something?

Carmine D.

Replies: 71 - 80 of 159Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42