Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
retardturtle1

NEW VAX LINE
Original Message   Oct 1, 2009 7:07 pm
Seen the new VAX line of bagless yet? better quality and performance?...at a far lower price.

Some say its stolen Dyson tech...some say its VAX xposing Dyson as a rip off [over priced] over hyped vacuum......that dyson is slipping[sinking brand]...that a dyson can be had at a fraction of the cost and with a warranty thats actually useable.......solved all the dyson flaws.....without the dyson shaft at the register. That VAX has zeroed in on dyson and plans to come at him head on.  If this is true ..then some drastic changes are due at dyson ....and another dyson [im a victim] lawsuit will come.......as always.

turtle1

Replies: 53 - 62 of 83Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
retardturtle1

Re: NEW VAX LINE
Reply #53   Oct 8, 2009 5:31 pm
CarmineD wrote:
When I had my vacuum store [over 42 years], I was amazed at the number of customers who came in and didn't know the name of their vacuums and/or were wrong with the names they thought. 

Carmine D.

HI CARMINE

Nothing has changed.....but what really blows me away is when they dont know if they have an upright or canister.....or the color....gotta love it.

turtle1

CarmineD

Reply #54   Oct 8, 2009 7:34 pm
How right you are 'turtle1."  Men were the worse.

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #55   Oct 9, 2009 1:42 pm
CarmineD wrote:
How right you are 'turtle1."  Men were the worse.

Carmine D.

HI CARMINE

So true..but i wouldnt have it any other way....lightens up things on a busy day.....hard to beat a good  laugh with a customer.

turtle1

vacmanuk

Reply #56   Oct 10, 2009 2:04 pm
Actually Carmine having a look at your salient points there is some truth in them and some not so near enough the truth. For example;

Point one - Vax is a popular selling brand of vacuums in the UK and has been for 30 years.

Only in terms of its canister tub vacuums which are completely different to the uprights - the sales of their canisters were hit badly when Numatic's Henry came onto the market in a domestic version and fully internationally available from 1990 onwards. Consumers only bought Vax canisters because of their carpet shampoo patent; Electrolux and Hoover et al remained more popular for compact sledge pull along cylinders and upright vacuums.

Point two - Vax has widespread availability in all the UK retailers - yes completely true but unlike Hoover and Electrolux, Vax have limited models in UK retailers so you can't always get the same model and research on one you want may be difficult.

Point three - Current Vax models from the TTi era (recent) have not been rated Highly on all grounds of performance but in terms of the models Vax had initially before their involvement with Dirt Devil, they rated poorly on performance by Which?.

Point four - If Vax was solely marketed towards the budget minded / frugal consumers, their new Mach series from Hoover U.S wouldn't be so highly overpriced. Current Mach 7 costs around £200 which puts it into Sebo/Miele and Dyson terriotory. Other cylinder vacs in their family are also too over priced for what you're getting; compared to Vax rivals.

Point Five - Most Vax canisters are reliable because they are BAGGED; the bagless Dirt Devil inspired designs have had less reliability due to the main wear parts, those awful paper cone filters and clogging not to mention brittle plastic quality.
CarmineD

Reply #57   Oct 10, 2009 2:11 pm
And my point on VAX history and the Severn River?

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #58   Oct 10, 2009 7:39 pm
CarmineD wrote:
And my point on VAX history and the Severn River?

Carmine D.

Perhaps you did get 1 correct.
CarmineD

Reply #59   Oct 11, 2009 6:58 am
Still dancing the pay toilet shuffle.  No perhaps about it. 

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #60   Oct 13, 2009 9:25 am
MM i dont think sucking water out of offices would make many consumers buy a Vax upright vac these days, maybe to promote their wash canisters, but thats about it!
CarmineD

Reply #61   Oct 13, 2009 12:20 pm
Sunday I walked into the Church and noticed a pronounced smell of coffee.  Not unusual to smell but more so than normal.  After making a quick visit to the sanctuary and the Tabernacle, I headed right into the Church kitchen.  There was the Hospitality gal and a youngster looking perplexed and frustrated.  Apparently the 3 huge coffee urns, commercial size, were brewing and the person making the coffee forgot to ensure the handle spickets were closed.  One was open.  Fresh brewed coffee everywhere.  Counters, floor.  Guess what I used to get the bulk of it up before Mass started in 30 minutes?  I was the proverbial hero.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 13, 2009 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #62   Oct 13, 2009 12:56 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Sunday I walked into the Church and noticed a pronounced smell of coffee.  Not unusual to smell but more so than normal.  After making a quick visit to the sanctuary and the Tabernacle, I headed right into the Church kitchen.  There was the Hospitality gal and a youngster looking perplexed and frustrated.  Apparently the 3 huge coffee urns, commercial size, were brewing and the person making the coffee forgot to ensure the handle spickets were closed.  One was open.  Fresh brewed coffee everywhere.  Counters, floor.  Guess what I used to get the bulk of it up before Mass started in 30 minutes?  I was the proverbial hero.

Carmine D.

I give up – did you use a straw?

Agreed, you’re the proverbial hero to an audience of one…  you.  Humble too.  After this heroism and “saving the day” did you then twirl your straw and safely place it back into your holster?  Good goin cowboy, now the townsfolk can sleep safe.

DIB

P.S.  Perhaps your role-playing cohorts here will be mighty impressed too…  being the [their] proverbial cowboy hero.

Replies: 53 - 62 of 83Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42