Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
JIBBERS

A winner?
Original Message   Oct 7, 2009 7:08 am
http://www.vaxmachair.co.uk/
Replies: 13 - 22 of 37Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
vacmanuk

Re: A winner?
Reply #13   Oct 8, 2009 4:25 pm
30 days trial? Thats far too long for any vac let alone Oreck. One day usually suffices.
CarmineD

Reply #14   Oct 8, 2009 4:46 pm
30 days is the max.  There is no minimum time.  Some few the extra time as a benefit.  Free vacuum to use to clean their homes.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #15   Oct 8, 2009 5:08 pm
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

ORECK is the only vacuum manufacturer, save Garry Vacuum, which allows a 30 day free return with no obligations if not completely satisfied.  Garry, if I'm correct, is only 14 days, down from the original 30 day return time period.  I know ORECK is stuck in your craw.  My advice to you is to get over it and move on.   ORECK isn't made for everyone. 

The VAX lightweight upright, in case you missed the obvious which is obvious, is not yet available in the USA.  Just the UK at least for the current time.  You recommend that GIBBERS make a trip, either in person and/or via the internet, to 2 USA retailers to buy a VAX vacuum not yet available?  Or are you recommending an untried and untested DC24 outright without any match off by GIBBERS of the two brands.  BTW, GIBBERS already said that at least on paper VAX bests a DC24 in all the relevant categories.   And is leaning toward it as a purchase.  Apparently his friend who emailed him the UK VAX site believes this to be the case too.  Of course, to know these facts and details you would have actually had to read and compare the specs for both models and read the pots on this thread.  We already know your limited reading comprehension abilities based on your post.   Or as I said, ORECK is so stuck in your craw that it interferes with your ability to see and read.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL wrote:

Contrary to what some will have you believe Oreck is not the only store to allow 30 day free trial.  The DC24 is available in Best Buy and Sears stores.
Hello JIBBERS:

Short of an in home free no obligation trial [read ORECK] and not knowing the strengths and weaknesses of either [DC24 and/or VAX lightweight] you are left with one and only one viable option.  Find a retailer that sells both and inquire which is better.  Even then, we are all different in our likes and dislikes.  Money permitting buy both from the retailer with the understanding that you will keep the one you like best [if in fact you do] and return the one that you don't.  In the present hard times, I suspect the retailer will agree just to make a sale AND learn why you prefer one over the other.

Carmine D.

Carmine, If you weren't so stupid you would be funny.  I never mentioned VAX. 

Now what was your proposal.  SEARCH for a dealer, then drive to the dealer, buy two vacuums, taske them home, return one or both.  Now if he tries an Oreck we add aanother trip or two.  BTW, was your recommendation to go to the UK and buy a VAX since they are not in the US?  Specs on paper are meaningless unless they are fly $#%*. 

We all know about your vendetta toward Dyson.  It is your own fault that Dyson made a monkey of you so get over it.  You bring them up in every topic so quit being your hypocritic self about me and Oreck.

Now read all that I wroet before you make an ash of yourself again.

retardturtle1

Reply #16   Oct 8, 2009 5:57 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
30 days trial? Thats far too long for any vac let alone Oreck. One day usually suffices.

ID say a day is too short......a couple weeks is enough time to encounter diff kinds of day to day messes...and the big ones in between.. some wanna see if its durable and worth it......and most will find it to be perfect for their needs.

turtle1

This message was modified Oct 8, 2009 by retardturtle1
CarmineD

Reply #17   Oct 8, 2009 7:24 pm
HS:

If you could read [and understand] what I write you wouldn't make a donkey of yourself.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #18   Oct 8, 2009 7:40 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
ID say a day is too short......a couple weeks is enough time to encounter diff kinds of day to day messes...and the big ones in between.. some wanna see if its durable and worth it......and most will find it to be perfect for their needs.

turtle1

Right on.  I suspect that customers who actually use the ORECK wind up purchasing.  Those who use the free home trial as an excuse to get the freebies don't purchase.  They have to make up bogus reasons for not buying.  Truth is they just wanted the free giveaways and/or can't afford the ORECK.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #19   Jan 13, 2010 7:28 am
I don't know if this product is a winner, but the pitch and price are. 

Carmine D.

the real deal. Save through 1/16/2010. DIRT DEVIL EXTREME QUICK VAC,
Dirt Devil
NOW JUST $39 REG. $49.99. Dirt Devil Floor Cleaners now on sale & ready for action!
winter wow
shop home

Venson

Reply #20   Jan 13, 2010 10:54 am
CarmineD wrote:

Carmine D.

Hi,

I can't say if it's a winner either but I'd wager that there'll be a rush to buy.  It's a vacuum cleeaner and it's cheap and people for whom it's affordable will buy it, run it into the ground and go back for another one because -- it doesn't cost a lot of money.

Venson

This message was modified Jan 13, 2010 by Venson
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #21   Jan 13, 2010 11:59 am
CarmineD wrote:

Carmine D.

the real deal. Save through 1/16/2010. DIRT DEVIL EXTREME QUICK VAC,
Dirt Devil
NOW JUST $39 REG. $49.99. Dirt Devil Floor Cleaners now on sale & ready for action!
winter wow
shop home

I am not a fan of cheap bagless vacuums.  My biggest problem with "cheap bagless vacuums", is that their long term costs tend to be high and the performance after a short time tends to be poor.  The cheap vacuums also tend to have substandard tools and short cords.   If you have to get up and personal with a dirty filter, why not go with a bagged vacuum and avoid the trouble.   I don't know anything about this vacuum, but I would hesitate to recommend any bagless vacuum that didn't use at least dual cyclone technology to minimize filter maintenance and to maximize suction.   I would rather pay more and get something that I enjoy using over the long term.   Anyone know the expected 5 year cost of one of these? 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
CarmineD

Reply #22   Jan 13, 2010 12:23 pm

Here is the ORECK halo toy vacuum, demoed by a Mommy's helper,  which during the Christmas Holidays was given away with purchase of ORECK halo vacuums.  It was selling for $59-$75 until recently and came down to $54.  Interesting that the Dirt Devil Quick Vac is $39 vice a ORECK toy vacuum at $54.  For the record, I bought a generic toy vacuum in two tone pink for the grands for $20 on sale [also pictured].  The old DIRT DEVIL , which looks like the DD Quick Vac in smaller scale, suffered a broken handle after 4 + years usage.  It cost $20 new and gave excellent service for the price [a new set of batteries every so often].  I'll part it out/repair and replace with the new improved color.

Carmine D. 

My First Oreck Toy XL Platinum HALO Upright Childrens Toy Vacuum.
Just Like Home 2-in-1 Vacuum Set - Pink -  Toys R Us - Toys"R"Us

This message was modified Jan 13, 2010 by CarmineD
Replies: 13 - 22 of 37Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42