Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Midnight madness . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Midnight madness . . .
Original Message   Sep 20, 2009 4:26 pm
You've gotta love 'em cause they keep on trying! Sears is doing more online only "Midnight Madness" online sales tonight from 5:00 p.mp to %:00 a.m. CDT. Because Sears is now selling many vacuum brands besides Kenmore I encourage people to look for deals.

As always, this is more a public service message on my part and I have absolutely no affiliation of any kind with Sears who you'd think by now would have at least offered me a freebie on something. Then again, the day it does I'd have to stop.

Venson
Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Midnight madness . . .
Reply #1   Sep 21, 2009 7:01 am
Hello Venson:

SEARS sales as you know are down and expenses are up as it shutters stores.  Some are predicting the chain is on a peth to go belly up by spring/summer  of 2010.  I expect more of these sales and low prices to keep the retail chain, one of the oldest in existence, afloat.  Some of the prices of their brand name vacuums are reaching all time lows at their stores.

Carmine D. 

mole

Reply #2   Sep 21, 2009 9:45 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Venson:

SEARS sales as you know are down and expenses are up as it shutters stores.  Some are predicting the chain is on a peth to go belly up by spring/summer  of 2010.  I expect more of these sales and low prices to keep the retail chain, one of the oldest in existence, afloat.  Some of the prices of their brand name vacuums are reaching all time lows at their stores.

Carmine D. 

Maybe its about time  this is happening, The public in general are getting real tired of the non performing,no back up service, could care less attitude of sears and its employees.

If anyone has  money to spend they are really wheeling and dealing now, the indys are tearing sears ,lowes,best buy, and wally world to shreds.Both on price and service.

Trust me if your vacuum or major appliance breaks once you will be glad you bought it at an independent.

regards

MOLE

CarmineD

Reply #3   Sep 21, 2009 12:44 pm
mole wrote:
Maybe its about time  this is happening, The public in general are getting real tired of the non performing,no back up service, could care less attitude of sears and its employees.

If anyone has  money to spend they are really wheeling and dealing now, the indys are tearing sears ,lowes,best buy, and wally world to shreds.Both on price and service.

Trust me if your vacuum or major appliance breaks once you will be glad you bought it at an independent.

regards

MOLE

Alleluia!

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #4   Sep 23, 2009 12:07 am
mole wrote:

regards

MOLE

So true...nothing beats a good dealer/vac shop that stands by all its sales/ service/repairs......people who really love what they do.

Who will go the xtra mile to solve/fix any and all problems/issues for the customer.

turtle1

This message was modified Sep 23, 2009 by retardturtle1
CarmineD

Reply #5   Sep 23, 2009 7:03 am
retardturtle1 wrote:
So true...nothing beats a good dealer/vac shop that stands by all its sales/ service/repairs......people who really love what they do.

Who will go the xtra mile to solve/fix any and all problems/issues for the customer.

turtle1

Alleluia!

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #6   Sep 25, 2009 10:02 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Venson:

SEARS sales as you know are down and expenses are up as it shutters stores.  Some are predicting the chain is on a peth to go belly up by spring/summer  of 2010. 

Carmine D. 

Hi Carmine,

Quite a coincidence last night. I actually met someone who works part-time in a Sears large appliance department and got confirmation that things are not good.

Interestingly, the person I spoke with is a mature adult working under much younger managers full of energy but little insight who verbally flog the hired help over numbers. It would seem management's overseers are riding it for sales results and, in turn, it is riding the people actually out on the floor.
CarmineD

Reply #7   Sep 25, 2009 1:47 pm
Hello Venson:

Truth be told SEARS has had difficulies for awhile and the 2007/8/9 and on recession oonly made things worse.  It saddens me when I hear youngins lording over their elders.  It's a recipe for disaster.  Youth and enthusiam is no match for age and experience.

SEARS is running another sale tomorrow on appliances.  If I did not have a long standing business disagreement with SEARS that goes back more years than I care to remember I'd probably take them up on some of the sale items.  But alas, it's not meant to be.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #8   Sep 25, 2009 2:58 pm
CarmineD wrote:
. . . It saddens me when I hear youngins lording over their elders.  It's a recipe for disaster.  Youth and enthusiam is no match for age and experience. . . .Carmine D.

I agree Carmine. Unfortunately, since the employment upheaval come with the recession, lots of folks are going to have to work where they can and may. Many of us may have to look forward to working until the age of 95 so the circumstance may be unavoidable.

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #9   Sep 25, 2009 3:01 pm
I don't think the government option covers healthcare costs after 68. 

Carmine D.

Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42