Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > The all new Dyson DC26 "Japan"

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Acerone

The all new Dyson DC26 "Japan"
Original Message   Mar 13, 2009 5:05 pm
Dyson Japan

This message was modified Mar 14, 2009 by Acerone
Replies: 65 - 74 of 159Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
mole

Re: The all new Dyson DC26 "Japan"
Reply #65   Sep 8, 2009 8:22 pm
I agree I mac,

This machine would have a fighting chance at 300.00 to 350.00.But at 800.00 its a HARDSELL ,what is dyson offering for the 8 beans? a trip to dysonworld headquarters.

Please tell the pricemakers at dyson to get their act together.Its hard enough to crack the high end market but at least give them a high end machine.

mole
DysonInventsBig

Reply #66   Sep 8, 2009 9:11 pm
$800 U.S. dollars for a U.S. DC26?  Says who?

DIB
This message was modified Sep 8, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

HARDSELL

Reply #67   Sep 8, 2009 9:21 pm
mole wrote:
I agree I mac,

This machine would have a fighting chance at 300.00 to 350.00.But at 800.00 its a HARDSELL ,what is dyson offering for the 8 beans? a trip to dysonworld headquarters.

Please tell the pricemakers at dyson to get their act together.Its hard enough to crack the high end market but at least give them a high end machine.

mole

mole,

you ain't gonna believe this.  At $800 you should get a trip to Disney Land to meet the other Goofy.

CarmineD

Reply #68   Sep 9, 2009 6:54 am
HARDSELL wrote:
mole,

you ain't gonna believe this.  At $800 you should get a trip to Disney Land to meet the other Goofy.

Better to buy an ounce of gold at that price.  And dyson ain't gold.  Not even nickel.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #69   Sep 9, 2009 11:42 am
mole wrote:
I agree I mac, <BR><BR>This machine would have a fighting chance at 300.00 to 350.00.But at 800.00 its a HARDSELL ,what is dyson offering for the 8 beans? a trip to dysonworld headquarters.<BR><BR>Please tell the pricemakers at dyson to get their act together.Its hard enough to crack the high end market but at least give them a high end machine.<BR><BR>mole

Now, now MOLE - lets be generous. You know with the exchange rate being what it is and shipping costs being what they are plus all the money being pumped into the pockets of already over-paid factory laborers that it's a steal at that price.

Venson
retardturtle1

Reply #70   Sep 9, 2009 1:13 pm
Venson wrote:
Around 800 bucks the last time price came up.

Venxon

NO WAY.....for that? ....talk about the dyson shaft and no kiss.

But no doubt the dyson groupies/collectors will line up for another session with james.

turtle1

mikegoodstadt

Reply #71   Oct 9, 2009 6:06 am
These have just been released in Spain priced 399€. We had been mulling over which to buy and saw this yesterday.
SOLD! Why would you want anything else bigger?

Here are the specifications in the same format as the other products on the Dyson site (took me a few Google translations of the Japan site and a UK phonecall to source):

Patented cyclone technology : Root Cyclone™ technology core separator
Delivery : -
Suction power : 165 AW
Movement type : Fixed wheel
Filtration : Lifetime HEPA
Cleaner head : Mini Flat Out™ head
Stair cleaning : Sits on stairs
Bin capacity : 0.65 litres Clear bin™
Tools / accessories :
* Crevice tool
* Stair tool
* Brush tool
Dimensions : 266x320x205mm(HxDxW)
Max. reach : 8.6 metres
Cord length : 5 metres
Weight : 3.22 kg (5.62 kg)

I think that this is all - any corrections welcome. Note that the Japanese site does not contain the Power rating.

Mike
CarmineD

Reply #72   Oct 9, 2009 7:35 am
If my conversion from Euros to dollars is correct the 399 Euros equates to $590 US.  Down from the $800 price previously announced/posted here.  The price decline can be due as much to the weakening dollar as fall off in consumer buying and spending.  Especially for pricey household items that are nice to have but unessential to life.

If I recall, a poster criticized the smallish bin capacity on the VAX lightweight upright at 1.5 liters.  This DC has a .65 liter dirt bin capacity, less than half the VAX size, and yet almost 2 times if not more than the likely price of the VAX upright.  Teenzie weenzie is cutzie wootzie right up until the times you have to dance the dirt bin dump shuffle every 10 minutes.  Not to mention all the required filter maintenance with a half pint sized vacuum with165 AW of power.  The two, baby suction power and baby dirt bin, will keep the buyers/users of these baby dysons up close and personal with their vacuuming needs.  There's reasons these dysons are called 'baby.'  Obviously not because of the price.  More in terms of needed attention and TLC.

BTW, the VAX lightweight upright has 200 AW of power.  Comparable to a  full size vacuum.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 9, 2009 by CarmineD
Venson

Reply #73   Oct 9, 2009 10:24 am
mikegoodstadt wrote:
These have just been released in Spain priced 399€. We had been mulling over which to buy and saw this&#65279; yesterday.<BR>SOLD! Why would you want anything else bigger?<BR><BR>Here are the specifications in the same format as the other products on the Dyson site (took me a few Google translations of the Japan site and a UK phonecall to source):<BR><BR>Patented cyclone technology : Root Cyclone™ technology core separator<BR>Delivery : -<BR>Suction power : 165 AW<BR>Movement type : Fixed wheel<BR>Filtration : Lifetime HEPA<BR>Cleaner head : Mini Flat Out™ head<BR>Stair cleaning : Sits on stairs<BR>Bin capacity : 0.65 litres Clear bin™<BR>Tools / accessories :<BR>* Crevice tool<BR>* Stair tool<BR>* Brush tool<BR>Dimensions : 266x320x205mm(HxDxW)<BR>Max. reach : 8.6 metres<BR>Cord length : 5 metres<BR>Weight : 3.22 kg (5.62 kg)<BR><BR>I think that this is all - any corrections welcome. Note that the Japanese site does not contain the Power rating.<BR><BR>Mike<br type="_moz"/>

Hi mikegoodstadt,

My place is certainly not large but a vacuum with a nine-inch PN would not serve me well when I'm cleaning. It will also probably prove an annoyance to eventual slick spiel-impressed buyers when it gets down to brass tacks with the average vacuum user. This particular vacuum would be best suited for anyone living in a one-bedroom or less young exec or execette pad who has little traffic and faithfully uses and empties it every day.

Everyone is entitled to his or own opinion but I still view this machine as merely an expensive toy. All I can say to that is blessed are those who have enough available cash, or credit, to cover the cost of this kind of amusement. In that, yes your right, I'm jealous.

That said --- in this case stats don't mean a thing to me as the cleaner is just too small in size and too high in price to be of any practical use in the average home.

Its size is so diminutive that it is more a cute hand vac than anything else. Save for the manner of dust collection and the mini PN, it is not new. General Electric/Premier and Westinghouse had easy to store mini-canisters with stronger than usual motors on the market 1940's and 1950's. Hoover's Porta Power also picked up the banner along the way and besides Eureka's Mighty Mite there are now also "compact" canisters put out by many makers that can do five times the work of this little thingy at less than a fourth of the price which, again, is the most thing impractical about it.

Not bragging, for years there has been ability and technology here to have fitted an American mini-can with a PN. I strongly suspect the lack of that event was due to acute knowledge of the market and not oversight. Instead, power nozzles were often delegated to even more easy to store ans use lightweight stick vacs.

I wish him well but considering what's already available and how American market value goes, this machine should sell for no more the equivalent of $300 to $350 American at best if Lord Jimmy expects to give anyone a run for the money here in the U.S.

Best,

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #74   Oct 9, 2009 12:22 pm
James Dyson is still trying to pitch "value" [not saying dyson products are, just saying his pitch is] while consumers, at least Americans, are looking for cheap.  It's not 2002 anymore when BEST BUY convinced James to launch the dyson lineup in the USA.  It's 2009, people can't spend what they don't have.  2010 and 2011 if the US gurus are right, aren't looking any better.

Carmine D.

Replies: 65 - 74 of 159Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42