Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Lucky1

Vacuum Museum
Original Message   Aug 27, 2009 1:46 pm
Thought the Dyson discussion board would be interested in reading a small article about the Tacony Museum. Also Carmine's old friend.....

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/hit-the-road-jack/hit-the-road-jack/2009/08/new-museum-opens-at-st-james-on-historic-route-66/
Replies: 41 - 50 of 147Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Vacuum Museum
Reply #41   Sep 2, 2009 6:36 pm
HOOVER bagged Platinum on sale at Wal*Mart for $298: 

4.857 out of 5 4.9 out of 5
(14 Customer Reviews )
Hoover Platinum Bagged Upright Vacuum
Number 2 rated upright by Consumer Reports.  Microfiber bags are pricey at $5. a pop but huge.  Comes with companion canister. 6 year warranty.  13 pounds.  HOOVER's famous Windtunnel Technology. Who can ask for anything more. 
Carmine D.
CarmineD

Reply #42   Sep 2, 2009 6:42 pm
BTW, at that price [$298] buyers had better scarve them up.  When word of the CR rank/rating gets out, and it will, the HOOVER bagged platinum price will be upped to MSRP at $399.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #43   Sep 2, 2009 6:46 pm
Hello 'turtle1'

Seems everyone has dyson's number except DIB.  "There is none so blind as he who will not see."

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #44   Sep 2, 2009 6:57 pm
CarmineD wrote:
HOOVER bagged Platinum on sale at Wal*Mart for $298: 
4.857 out of 5 4.9 out of 5
(14 Customer Reviews )
Hoover Platinum Bagged Upright Vacuum
Number 2 rated upright by Consumer Reports.  Microfiber bags are pricey at $5. a pop but huge.  Comes with companion canister. 6 year warranty.  13 pounds.  HOOVER's famous Windtunnel Technology. Who can ask for anything more. 
Carmine D.

If you click on the "Read Reviews" it will take you to the W*M Web Site.  If you click on the "Watch Video"  above the HOOVER decal there is a 5 minute video demo with the features and specs.  Enjoy.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #45   Sep 2, 2009 8:03 pm
Severus wrote:
Hardsell,

Is it safe to assume that you think your Rainbow does a pretty good job of removing dirt from carpeting?   I really have a hard time believing that the Rainbow is the worst vacuum for cleaning carpeting among all vacuums tested by CR.  It seems so counterintuitive given that Rainbows are sold by in home demonstrations (certainly with some trickery), but they have to wow the buyer enough to spend an obscene amount of money. 

I think Rainbow does a very good to excellent job of cleaning carpets.  Certainly did better than others that I have used that are rated high by CR.  I would have to rate Oreck the lowest that I have used for deep cleaning.  I have used several that did a good job of cleaning, however they had other faults that I did not like.  I have said many times that CR must not test in the same manner that folks actually vacuum.

Two biggest strikes against Rainbow would be price and the hassle required to clean and store.  I actually do not like cannisters of any brand.

None is better at trickery than Kirby.  Maybe Carmine.

CarmineD

Reply #46   Sep 2, 2009 8:21 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
I think Rainbow does a very good to excellent job of cleaning carpets.  Certainly did better than others that I have used that are rated high by CR.  I would have to rate Oreck the lowest that I have used for deep cleaning.  I have used several that did a good job of cleaning, however they had other faults that I did not like.  I have said many times that CR must not test in the same manner that folks actually vacuum.

Two biggest strikes against Rainbow would be price and the hassle required to clean and store.  I actually do not like cannisters of any brand.

None is better at trickery than Kirby.  Maybe Carmine.

HS:

ORECK's have to be used daily/almost daily for the most efficiency and effectiveness as a standalone upright.  That's their forte.  Quick and easy to pull out and use often.  That's why they are used in hotels and motels!  If you don't use ORECK's daily, then plan to have a full size deep cleaner like a HOOVER for your weekly vacuuming.  Especially with medium to high pile carpets.  And use your ORECK for the high traffic areas and/or ad hoc clean ups in between the weekly HOOVER vacuuming.  I'm almost positive I've said that many times here before.  I know you don't read and comprehend very well:  Ref: Your misunderstanding of BEST BUY ESP and product replacements.

WRT trickery, if telling the truth is your view of trickery, then you are absolutely right.  No maybe's about it. 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #47   Sep 2, 2009 8:36 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
Knew youd come around sooner or later.....appears to be hope for you yet HS....But if i may ask, what is it you like so much about the Rbw?

turtle1

Hi 'turtle1'

As the saying goes, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.  HS did.  Jumped ship [HMS dyson] before it sank. 

Carmine D.

I haven't actually come around and I haven't jumped ship any more than Carmine.  The DC07 did beat'em and closed Hoover as we knew it. Things change.  Otherwise I would not consider Hoover. I am not a die hard fan of the newer Dysons although I think they are better than some lead others to believe.  The Platinum is Hoover in name as the old Hoover only changed model names with no improved performance. 

I wanted to like the Oreck because it was so easy to use.  If it cleaned like the DC07 I might be using it today. Oreck (IMO) is the most over priced vacuum on the market.  The Platinum has that Oreck feel, however, I believe it will be superior at cleaning. It is priced reasonably and should be a hit seller because of its performance and six year warranty. Not because it is sold with gimmicks and hyped advertising.

I know there is a life preserver left becuase Carmine did not take his when I offered and he sank with Hoover.  Now he is holding to the Oreck anchor and sinking,

turtle,  I liked the cleaning ability and quality of the Rainbow.  Hated to clean it and put it away with all the tools, hoses, etc.  I am not a fan of cannisters.

HARDSELL

Reply #48   Sep 2, 2009 8:51 pm
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

ORECK's have to be used daily/almost daily for the most efficiency and effectiveness as a standalone upright.  That's their forte.  Quick and easy to pull out and use often.  That's why they are used in hotels and motels!  If you don't use ORECK's daily, then plan to have a full size deep cleaner like a HOOVER for your weekly vacuuming.  Especially with medium to high pile carpets.  And use your ORECK for the high traffic areas and/or ad hoc clean ups in between the weekly HOOVER vacuuming.  I'm almost positive I've said that many times here before.  I know you don't read and comprehend very well:  Ref: Your misunderstanding of BEST BUY ESP and product replacements.

WRT trickery, if telling the truth is your view of trickery, then you are absolutely right.  No maybe's about it. 

Carmine D.

Are you speaking from experience about BB replacements?
retardturtle1

Reply #49   Sep 3, 2009 12:16 am
HARDSELL wrote:

I haven't actually come around and I haven't jumped ship any more than Carmine.  The DC07 did beat'em and closed Hoover as we knew it. Things change.  Otherwise I would not consider Hoover. I am not a die hard fan of the newer Dysons although I think they are better than some lead others to believe.  The Platinum is Hoover in name as the old Hoover only changed model names with no improved performance. 

I wanted to like the Oreck because it was so easy to use.  If it cleaned like the DC07 I might be using it today. Oreck (IMO) is the most over priced vacuum on the market.  The Platinum has that Oreck feel, however, I believe it will be superior at cleaning. It is priced reasonably and should be a hit seller because of its performance and six year warranty. Not because it is sold with gimmicks and hyped advertising.

I know there is a life preserver left becuase Carmine did not take his when I offered and he sank with Hoover.  Now he is holding to the Oreck anchor and sinking,

turtle,  I liked the cleaning ability and quality of the Rainbow.  Hated to clean it and put it away with all the tools, hoses, etc.  I am not a fan of cannisters.

I liked the 7 best of all dysons....but found some that did much better at a far lower price/just as durable....not a slouch but with all the hype i expected more i guess...so i was somewhat left unimpressed....and the fact that its bagless was also part of it......nor am i a fan of canisters....but the riccars are quite impressive on power/deep cleaning.....but no way id pay that much - no matter how much i love the brand.

Orecks are great ..cmrcl/or  low pile/ bare floor ,wonderfull to have and own...as i have a 2600 and love it.....great vacuum with a great warranty and service centers coast to coast...a great total package with a sleek new look.

Once or twice id heard of the rainbows being used as shampooers/extractors on carpets.....never tried it or seen it done.  Do they perform well? By the time we get a rainbow in the shop its about gone.....trashed from lack of or no maint...at all....i once saw one that looked as if it had moss growing in it...and still worked....sturdy no doubt but never really thought of them as a deep cleaner on low/med pile.

turtle1

This message was modified Sep 3, 2009 by retardturtle1
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #50   Sep 3, 2009 12:18 am
HARDSELL wrote:

Although the Hoover is rated well, you should check the price of bags before buying.  CR reports that the microfilter bags are $5 a pop.

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
Replies: 41 - 50 of 147Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42