Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Boycott British products (i.e. Dyson)?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Boycott British products (i.e. Dyson)?
Original Message   Aug 24, 2009 11:58 am
There is talk of a boycott of British goods over the questionable release of the Lockerbie bomber Megrahi.   Since Dysons are at least designed in Britain, I wonder if it will have any effect on them.   Dyson might want to increase the size of the "made in Malaysia" stickers on their vacuums.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2603158/Americans-call-for-boycott-over-Lockerbie-bomber-Megrahi.html

Personally, I don't believe in punishing an entire nation for the stupidity of their government officials.  We've certainly had our share of stupid politicians in the US. 

*** Note that I am not implying that Dyson should be boycotted.  I am only saying that a call to boycott British goods could have an effect on Dyson sales in the US.     **

This message was modified Aug 24, 2009 by Severus

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
Replies: 24 - 33 of 43Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
HARDSELL

Re: Boycott British products (i.e. Dyson)?
Reply #24   Aug 29, 2009 4:22 pm
procare wrote:
I want to say I was sorry about my remark in the wrong thread but what I said was in reference to ablond that probably couldn't plug in a plug.

procare,  I was once a blond.  I am now platinum (worth more than gray).

No need to be sorry.  I was just trying to rattle you a little.  I will cease my evil ways.

HARDSELL

Reply #25   Aug 29, 2009 4:31 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Procare: The Man

Surprised HS took umbrage at your post.  You were after all defending a dyson buyer and user regardless of her intelligence.  By attacking you, he asserted that dysons  appeal to dumb blonds.  Not very complimentary about dysons. 

HS may know how to plug a vacuum in, but he doesn't know how to turn it on and move it across the floor and rug.  So he is in no position to criticize a poor dyson user. 

Carmine D.

PS:  As I recall, and it was Summer 2007, the young lady with the COSTCO Excl. dyson for $500 in tow with her child was also a blond.  She told me she was returning her year old plus dyson because it no longer picked up as well as when it was new.  I mentioned the filters and routine cleaning and her angry response was:  I didn't pay $500 for a vacuum to have to clean its filters.  I suspect she was referring to the the dyson mantra, no longer allowed: Doesn't clog, doesn't lose suction.  She did get her money back when I inquired about it afterwards. 

Lighten up.  I was not attacking. 

If you think I am pushing a $500 vacuum you are not as intelligent as I thought.  For that much money it should push/pull itself.

How about stopped up bags.  Really, should one have to replace bags and belts on a $700 to over $1000 Oreck or Meile?  The dealer should make house calls to perform this service.

How about those $100,000 cars that require new oil and filters.  Or how about having to spend $40 for nitrogen in tires when air is free.  What is this world coming to.

BTW, the Dyson warranty at BB in 2002 was $19 and not $40 as you stated.  Get your facts first.

CarmineD

Reply #26   Aug 29, 2009 6:02 pm
HS:

You failed to mention when the BB warranty kicks in and for how long.  Depends on whether you buy the $19/$40 ESP.  As I recall $40 was the max ESP available on a dyson after dyson's warranty expired.   

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #27   Aug 29, 2009 6:07 pm
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

You failed to mention when the BB warranty kicks in and for how long.  Depends on whether you buy the $19/$40 ESP.  As I recall $40 was the max ESP available on a dyson after dyson's warranty expired.   

Carmine D.

I had a full 3 yr. replacement warranty.

CarmineD

Reply #28   Aug 29, 2009 6:09 pm
HS:

Dyson pulled the same bull shine BWM did.  Telling customers no maintenance costs after purchase.  Same same.  You criticize BMW for this, give dyson a pass.  BMW: you say is brake your wallet.  Dyson you say: you get what you pay for.  Which is it?  You can't have it both ways.  I know: Where you stand depends on where you sit!

About the same number of women told me if they buy a BMW it doesn't ever need maintenance as told me that they bought dysons for the same reason.  BMW sales staff lie, dyson sales staff just didn't know any better.  They bought into the dyson hawking and hype: Doesn't clog, doesn't lose suction.  Lifetime filters and belts.   Dyson bull shine to justify outrageous prices for mediocre performance..

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #29   Aug 29, 2009 6:15 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
I had a full 3 yr. replacement warranty.

Yes, but 2 of those years you paid extra for were covered by dyson.  Read the BB ESP.  I forgot......sorry.  You can't read and comprehend.  You bought one extra year from BB for $19.    Like I said:  BT Barnum said there's one born every 6 minutes.  Stand in line.  Get your sign.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #30   Aug 29, 2009 6:50 pm
PS:  HS take note too that the BB ESP says a product replacement is provided, and I paraphrase, only if the vacuum can't be repaired.  BB reserves the right to provide a similar product in cost and not the same product.  In part because as in your case BB no longer sells DC07's.  And it doesn't have to be another dyson.  It could be any brand/model comparable.  Even a HOOVER Z, for example. 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #31   Aug 29, 2009 7:22 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Yes, but 2 of those years you paid extra for were covered by dyson.  Read the BB ESP.  I forgot......sorry.  You can't read and comprehend.  You bought one extra year from BB for $19.    Like I said:  BT Barnum said there's one born every 6 minutes.  Stand in line.  Get your sign.

Carmine D.

procare

Reply #32   Aug 30, 2009 12:00 am
HS,

I wasn't sorry for what I said but only the thread it was in.  Dyson  should be boycotted ,not because of the Scottish but the Malaysians that  are for the most part  Muslim and hate us. At least that is what is written. Why spend money there that may be used against us. The same goes for Bissell. I do not hate  Muslim but the radicals that want to kill democracy and destroy the Christian faith.

If the Dyson was built in England it would provide jobs to their own countrymen. Dyson must  have problems in England or he would. Right?

Procare

CarmineD

Reply #33   Aug 30, 2009 9:17 am
procare wrote:
HS,

I wasn't sorry for what I said but only the thread it was in.  Dyson  should be boycotted ,not because of the Scottish but the Malaysians that  are for the most part  Muslim and hate us. At least that is what is written. Why spend money there that may be used against us. The same goes for Bissell. I do not hate  Muslim but the radicals that want to kill democracy and destroy the Christian faith.

If the Dyson was built in England it would provide jobs to their own countrymen. Dyson must  have problems in England or he would. Right?

Procare

Hello Procare:

The USA and world are on track to do just that [impose huge economic sanctions] with an Islamic country and leader [disfiguring the Muslim religion for their own self-interests] with Iran and President Ahmadinejad.  President Obama gave Iran a deadline to the end of September to engage with the USA in talks to curb/freeze Iran's nuclear ambitions.  If Ahmadinejad refuses, Obama will likely make international overtures to enforce big time economic sanctions against Iran and will prevail.  Several meetings [G5/G20] are in place for September and then the UN meeting at the end of the month.  The door will be open to Iran to walk through and/or suffer worldwide economic sanctions.  Libya quit its nuclear ambitions some years ago, thanks in huge part to Guadafi's son Seif, the heir apparent.  Let's see what Iran does this month.  No vacuums come out of Iran, but the collateral Muslim country damage, if Iran doesn't go along, where vacuums do come, are uncertain.

Carmine D.

Replies: 24 - 33 of 43Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42