Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > View and/or Vote for the James Dyson Award [2009] entries...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

View and/or Vote for the James Dyson Award [2009] entries...
Original Message   Jul 17, 2009 7:56 pm
View and/or Vote for the James Dyson Award entries...

Voting closes July 20, 2009.

Registration required.   http://www.jamesdysonaward.org/Default.aspx

DIB
This message was modified Jul 17, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 15 - 24 of 69Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: View and/or Vote for the James Dyson Award [2009] entries...
Reply #15   Jul 27, 2009 6:27 pm
More dyson sugar coated bull shine.  8 cu feet of the same material is more than 4 cu feet.  So beg to differ.  Cubic foot capacity is indicative of weight load. 

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #16   Jul 27, 2009 6:32 pm
Carmine,

Pass judgment?  Too funny.

Good luck earning the respect from the hard core construction types with your dual wheeled anti-tip wheelbarrow.  Below is standard on construction sites.      DIB

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2008-07-15_Construction_wheelbarrow_at_Duke.jpg

HARDSELL

Reply #17   Jul 27, 2009 6:33 pm
CarmineD wrote:
More dyson sugar coated bull shine.  8 cu feet of the same material is more than 4 cu feet.  So beg to differ.  Cubic foot capacity is indicative of weight load. 

Carmine D.

How absurd.  More excuses for your error.
CarmineD

Reply #18   Jul 27, 2009 6:36 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
How absurd.  More excuses for your error.

No more errors HS for your excuses.  Wheel barrows are measured by the hopper capacity not the weight load.  Why?  Because the weight load is a function of the man pushing and the barrow!

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #19   Jul 27, 2009 6:38 pm
Carmine,

So did you do your research... was Henry Fords Quadricycle a big money maker?  For a guy who’s invented nothing, you sure criticize those who do.

DIB

CarmineD

Reply #20   Jul 27, 2009 7:00 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine,

So did you do your research... was Henry Fords Quadricycle a big money maker?  For a guy who’s invented nothing, you sure criticize those who do.

DIB

And for a dyson pawn who pawns off his feeble judgment on others' knowledge of products, you and HS sure don't know your own.

Carmine D.

Here's a self-help course for you and HS DIB on nubarro wheel barrows and ballbarows.  On me.  I understand Sir James doesn't get any royalties for these nubarro sales and NuBarro hasn't paid him a cent in copyright infringement.  Now tell me DIB why and how would a smart innovator like James with an in-house cadre of hot shot lawyers and NYC hired guns on call in 3 piece suits with 3 names let this little German company get away with this.  Even uses dyson's name.  

The NuBarro: The Ballbarrow Reincarnated?

By Benjamen Johnson

In 1974, James Dyson created the Ballbarrow, a wheelbarrow with a ball in place of the front wheel.  It’s no longer manufactured, but a company named NuVations markets a wheelbarrow similar in concept: the NuBarro.

NuVations manufactures the NuBarro in Germany.  They start with a polypropylene roller wheel (the NuRoller) that they claim is impossible to puncture, never needs inflation, and resists heat and acid. The wheel rotates about a steel axle on sealed bearings and can support up to 750lbs.  The wide ball-like wheel travels easily over soft terrain like mud, snow, gravel, and sand without sinking and makes it easy to lift, turn, and dump the NuBarro.

Heavy-duty skid plates on the bottom of the no-rust steel frame protect it from damage and keep it balanced.  The tub is also zinc-galvanized to resist corrosion.

NuVations currently sells three different models in some limited retail locations: the NuBarro L which retails for $135 and has a 3 cu. ft. capacity, the NuBarro XL that has a 4 cu. ft. capacity for $150, and the NuBarro XL Pro which also has a 4 cu. ft. capacity, but also features a painted tub, for $165.

Despite the website’s 2005 copyright and order links that you can’t order from, NuVations is still alive and kicking.  I talked with a representative on the phone who told me they’re planning to re-launch their web page with an e-commerce site, and they’re also planning to sell a new version with a frame that can be broken down and shipped easily via UPS.

NuBarro [Corporate Site]

This message was modified Jul 27, 2009 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #21   Jul 27, 2009 9:19 pm
CarmineD wrote:
And for a dyson pawn who pawns off his feeble judgment on others' knowledge of products, you and HS sure don't know your own.

Carmine D.

Here's a self-help course for you and HS DIB on nubarro wheel barrows and ballbarows.  On me.  I understand Sir James doesn't get any royalties for these nubarro sales and NuBarro hasn't paid him a cent in copyright infringement.  Now tell me DIB why and how would a smart innovator like James with an in-house cadre of hot shot lawyers and NYC hired guns on call in 3 piece suits with 3 names let this little German company get away with this.  Even uses dyson's name.  

The NuBarro: The Ballbarrow Reincarnated?

By Benjamen Johnson

In 1974, James Dyson created the Ballbarrow, a wheelbarrow with a ball in place of the front wheel.  It’s no longer manufactured, but a company named NuVations markets a wheelbarrow similar in concept: the NuBarro.

NuVations manufactures the NuBarro in Germany.  They start with a polypropylene roller wheel (the NuRoller) that they claim is impossible to puncture, never needs inflation, and resists heat and acid. The wheel rotates about a steel axle on sealed bearings and can support up to 750lbs.  The wide ball-like wheel travels easily over soft terrain like mud, snow, gravel, and sand without sinking and makes it easy to lift, turn, and dump the NuBarro.

Heavy-duty skid plates on the bottom of the no-rust steel frame protect it from damage and keep it balanced.  The tub is also zinc-galvanized to resist corrosion.

NuVations currently sells three different models in some limited retail locations: the NuBarro L which retails for $135 and has a 3 cu. ft. capacity, the NuBarro XL that has a 4 cu. ft. capacity for $150, and the NuBarro XL Pro which also has a 4 cu. ft. capacity, but also features a painted tub, for $165.

Despite the website’s 2005 copyright and order links that you can’t order from, NuVations is still alive and kicking.  I talked with a representative on the phone who told me they’re planning to re-launch their web page with an e-commerce site, and they’re also planning to sell a new version with a frame that can be broken down and shipped easily via UPS.

NuBarro [Corporate Site]

?????????????????????  What has this to do with H Ford?

Oh, almost forgot.  A misleading pro diversion when you can't answer a question.

CarmineD

Reply #22   Jul 28, 2009 12:39 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
?????????????????????  What has this to do with H Ford?

Oh, almost forgot.  A misleading pro diversion when you can't answer a question.

Yes it was a diversion.  But not by me.  By you and your twin dysoner DIB.  Henry Ford has nothing to do with the wheel barrows.  As usual DIB's sugar coated dyson bull shine was to praise dyson for this product to high heavens as a dyson innovation.  As I indicated, he's wrong.  The current ball barrow on the market today is called Nubarro and is not a dyson invention.  It is the invention of a German company that markets these products through the internet.  As I also said, the Nubarro is not a favorite among the heavy duty construction haulers.  Why?  Having half the hopper capacity and more expensive than the competition wheel barrows.  As I also said the upshot of ball barrows is that the latest and greatest in wheel barrows is a two wheeled hopper with twice the hopper capacity for much less money.  Dyson has nothing to do with barrows anymore.  He and his ballbarrow are ancient history.

BTW, DIB no comment on the awarding of the Indira Ghandi Peace Prize to Bill Gates over the weekend.  You know Bill.  The guy you like to attack and malign here as well as his company Microsoft.  Seems Bill Gates' Foundation has spent ONE BILLION DOLLARS to fight AIDS and eradicate polio in India.  Plans to do the same with other larger impoverished countries with health epidemics.  Nice guy.  Philantropist par excellence.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #23   Jul 28, 2009 1:30 pm
CarmineD wrote:

Yes it was a diversion.  But not by me.  By you and your twin dysoner DIB.  Henry Ford has nothing to do with the wheel barrows.  As usual DIB's sugar coated dyson bull shine was to praise dyson for this product to high heavens as a dyson innovation.  As I indicated, he's wrong.  The current ball barrow on the market today is called Nubarro and is not a dyson invention.  It is the invention of a German company that markets these products through the internet.  As I also said, the Nubarro is not a favorite among the heavy duty construction haulers.  Why?  Having half the hopper capacity and more expensive than the competition wheel barrows.  As I also said the upshot of ball barrows is that the latest and greatest in wheel barrows is a two wheeled hopper with twice the hopper capacity for much less money.  Dyson has nothing to do with barrows anymore.  He and his ballbarrow are ancient history.

BTW, DIB no comment on the awarding of the Indira Ghandi Peace Prize to Bill Gates over the weekend.  You know Bill.  The guy you like to attack and malign here as well as his company Microsoft.  Seems Bill Gates' Foundation has spent ONE BILLION DOLLARS to fight AIDS and eradicate polio in India.  Plans to do the same with other larger impoverished countries with health epidemics.  Nice guy.  Philantropist par excellence.

Carmine D.

What does Gates or aids have to do with vacuums?  Stay on the subject as you think others should.

More pro diversions. 

Is Gates donations in India to keep aids from spreading to USA with all the immigrants?  I sure hope it is not contagious by phone since most customer service centers are in India.

CarmineD

Reply #24   Jul 28, 2009 2:49 pm
Hey HS:

I didn't post the thread about dyson awards.  Your twin dyson brother did.  Nor did I post the sugar coated dyson bull shine about the ballbarrow.  Again, your dyson twin did.  I just set the record straight on wheel barrows, ballbarrows and nubarros.  I' sick and tired of all the lies and half truths from you and HS about the leaders and standards for wheel barrows in the industry and in the USA.  Just to make your company and boss look good.  Like I said all hype and hawk.  Not fact. 

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig wrote:

Carmine,

All inventions begin in concept form.  Some questions would be...  is it mechanically feasible, is there a market, can a profit/enough profit be made, can strong utility patents be obtained?  Reading the article it sounds like the answer is yes.

The Ball Barrow was a product people wanted and was indeed a big success in the UK.  And since it was a UK success (i.e. money maker) it was stolen by a fellow who said he wanted the U.S. rights (or something).  The guy indeed made it and sold it, only he chose to steal it and James Dyson got nothing.  He could not afford to go to court (is my understanding).  So, when you beat up on the Ball Barrow, you're beating up a successful invention that sold and solved problems.  Since when do folks striking out in their careers have mega hits first time at bat or early in their careers…  almost never.  Was Henry Ford’s Quadricycle a mega hit?

DIB

This message was modified Jul 28, 2009 by CarmineD
Replies: 15 - 24 of 69Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42