Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Oreck sues Dyson TWICE over Dyson's advertised claim of - “No Loss of Suction”...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Original Message   Mar 1, 2009 5:50 pm
Story here:  http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/40463852.html

This message was modified Mar 1, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 90 - 99 of 150Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
retardturtle1

Reply #90   Jul 24, 2009 12:35 am
HARDSELL wrote:
This would be a very dull forum without discussions.  I have no problem with anyone who does not agree.  If Carmine agreed with me all the time I would likely leave the forum.  Guess I am here for awhile. I do have a problem with those who tell half truths or only half the story just to prove their point.  I have to say that you are forthright and I do not think that you lie.  I just do not agree with all tha you say.  Often I think that your thinking is swayed by Carmine.

Sure you do not need  a ball.  Also the average home does not need a feather weight,  Push a Kirby for awhile and you will soon appreciate a vacuum that handles well althought it is not absolutely necessary.  I think the Kirby does an excellent cleaning job but is a pain in the rear to navigate around the house.  The reviews that I read about Oreck certainly are a mixed bag (no pun intended).  They seem to have their share of service problems and clogs.  15 years service is not so good if you are not deep cleaning your carpet.

You and other independents criticize Dyson quality.  Yet all make their living doing service and repairs.  Most also do not work on Dysons.  Isn't it odd that those who do not sell or repair Dyson make a comfortable living repairing those brands that they taut as being so great in quality? 

Dont want you to agree with me....i want points of view. opinions and to hear what you and all others have to say about this or that.

i agree about the kirby..i have a hrtg 2....a beast... does a great job but my sanitaire sc684 does a better job. and yes its easier  to push around on certain kinds of carpet.

besides the shop ..i have alot of cleaning accounts where im constantly useing dozens of different vacuums all the time..so i have seen alot of what works and what doesnt....i dont know all there is to know but i know alot about the ones i use...perf / quality /durability..ect. and when i dont know i ask...

my opinions or thoughts come from me...if im in doubt i ask...i go by what i have seen with my own eyes..and actually used in the field...Carmine is a person of vast knowledge and exp. far beyond me...and most others.  but if my thoughts coinside with his through what ive seen...then we agree.  i agree with your thoughts on the dc7   i say dysons best..you dont....overpriced i say....i gave away.  but i dislike all bagless in most cases.

i believe if im wrong..show me and ill say im wrong... i have no reason to be dishonest...how will i learn anything that way. ..half truths=ignorance...no reason for it....too many people on this forum to go to for info....and no reason for people tp make up stuff....all they gotta do is ask.

i feel orecks are great on low to med carpet..hard floors....deep pile not so much.  kinda loud but  but never bothered me...nor would it keep me from buying one.

i hope we dont agree for the most part...no fun in that.      this forum is a break from the everyday...a place to get away....

ill be looking forward to your posts .       

This message was modified Jul 24, 2009 by retardturtle1
CarmineD

Reply #91   Jul 24, 2009 6:38 am
Hello 'turtle1'

I am happy to influence others on vacuums and whatever else I can.  It's a personal and professional calling we all have as we age and MUST share our experience, knowledge, and wisdom with those who ask.  If people resent/complain/comment negatively about this [beware of the hunters' snare] I suggest they examine their own motives and reasons. 

Now that we all know your background [and mine], is it too much to ask for the dyson twins to tell us theirs?  Dare they?  They are the first to say it doesn't matter AND the first to impugn others who do, especially pro industry professionals.

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #92   Jul 24, 2009 9:09 am
HARDSELL wrote:

. I do have a problem with those who tell half truths or only half the story just to prove their point.  I have to say that you are not forthright and I do  think that you lie. .  Often I think that your thinking is swayed by Carmine.

You and other independents criticize Dyson quality.  Yet all make their living doing service and repairs.  Most also do not work on Dysons.  Isn't it odd that those who do not sell or repair Dyson make a comfortable living repairing those brands that they taut as being so great in quality? 

H.S. how many dc11s you fix?

How many clutches and belts kits have you replaced on the dc 07,14, how many diverter valves have you repaired on dc18's?

What happened to your boy  MOTOR HEAD/GASKO,oh thats right he's in the tacony camp now"""Dib must feel really betrayed by now,

B.T.W whens thew dyson camp going to open service centers like hoover and eureka and oreck did and have done,

In reply to your profit question,our most profitable product is $1200 plus profit, So when do you want to start playing with the big kids>>>>>>>>>>

regards

MOLE

This message was modified Jul 24, 2009 by mole
CarmineD

Reply #93   Jul 24, 2009 12:19 pm
mole wrote:
. I do have a problem with those who tell half truths or only half the story just to prove their point.  I have to say that you are not forthright and I do  think that you lie. .  Often I think that your thinking is swayed by Carmine.

How many clutches and belts kits have you replaced on the dc 07,14, how many diverter valves have you repaired on dc18's?

What happened to your boy  MOTOR HEAD/GASKO,oh thats right he's in the tacony camp now"""Dib must feel really betrayed by now,

B.T.W whens thew dyson camp going to open service centers like hoover and eureka and oreck did and have done,

In reply to your profit question,our most profitable product is $1200 plus profit, So when do you want to start playing with the big kids>>>>>>>>>>

regards

MOLE

Hi MOLE:

I hear these same common repair ills on all these dyson models from all the indies.  No doubt the reason in large part that all of these dyson models [DC07, DC11, DC18 and soon the DC14] have gone the same path as the dyson ball barrow:  Oblivion.  If dydon doesn't rectify the warranty problem on its DC25, that will be another d brand product that bites the dust rather than picks it up.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #94   Jul 24, 2009 12:36 pm
mole wrote:

regards

MOLE

Since you took the liberty of altering my quote into a lie I rest my case on the honesty of some independents.

Should we assume that you make your living by repairing Dysons or have you had a few with the problems you mention.  If not is seems that you are leading us to believe that only Dysons have issues.  Only a fool would believe that.  Most of you made a comfortable living before Dyson.  How did you manage with all those other trouble vacuums?

A dealer could ceertainly get rich on $1200 profit occasionally and no other repairs in the shop.  I play with the big boys daily. They earned it honestly.

CarmineD

Reply #95   Jul 24, 2009 12:37 pm
MOLE:

Weren't these the lifetime dyson belts?  Yeah, right.  Like the dyson lifetime filters that never clog!

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #96   Jul 24, 2009 12:41 pm
CarmineD wrote:
MOLE:

Weren't these the lifetime dyson belts?  Yeah, right.  Like the dyson lifetime filters that never clog!

Carmine D.

I can't say I recall ORECK ever making any claims [in over 45 years] that caused buying consumers/regulatory authorities to intervene with a cease and desist order.  I do for dyson [in just 4 years] by the ASA due to a class action. 

Carmine D.

dusty

Reply #97   Jul 24, 2009 3:25 pm
Strange that everyone is quite happy to come down on manufacturers when they exaggerate claims but when someone completely alters another users quote nothing is said. Shall we consider this acceptable practice from now on?

Dusty
HARDSELL

Reply #98   Jul 24, 2009 4:54 pm
CarmineD wrote:
I can't say I recall ORECK ever making any claims [in over 45 years] that caused buying consumers/regulatory authorities to intervene with a cease and desist order.  I do for dyson [in just 4 years] by the ASA due to a class action. 

Carmine D.

There are too many comsumer complaints of Orecks clogging so no need for them to make the claim.  There is less chance of a Dyson clogging than there is of one of the others stealing from Dyson.  Judging from many of your previous statements stealing and lieing is permissable--------------if it benefits you or one of your favorites.
CarmineD

Reply #99   Jul 24, 2009 5:17 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
There are too many comsumer complaints of Orecks clogging so no need for them to make the claim.  There is less chance of a Dyson clogging than there is of one of the others stealing from Dyson.  Judging from many of your previous statements stealing and lieing is permissable--------------if it benefits you or one of your favorites.

Do you have proof for this allegation?  Or just a clever dyson shill to divert attention from the truth?

Carmine D.

Replies: 90 - 99 of 150Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42