Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Oreck XL Pro-Plus @ Costco... Now with pictures...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Acerone

Oreck XL Pro-Plus @ Costco... Now with pictures...
Original Message   Jun 24, 2009 1:30 pm
Saw today the Costco now sell the Oreck for $299 something I really didn't pay close attention just noticed a black charcoal color vacuum that everyone seem to have in the shopping cart...<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>
This message was modified Jun 30, 2009 by Acerone
Replies: 17 - 26 of 86Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Tread184

Re: Oreck XL Pro-Plus @ Costco... Now with pictures...
Reply #17   Jul 21, 2009 3:04 am
It my understanding that Oreck does back any warranty of its vacs sold from other stores. After a log discussion last week, my friend explained to me that Oreck is also sold by HSN and JC Penny's and is on their websites as well, but they have restrictions on what products and how they sell them that the Home Care and Franchise stores do not have to follow as closely.

Form the picture , it doesnt look as sleek as the newest Oreck line out...maybe last years design..It seems to have a better handle on it than the base model the my Sister has. I guess the other question is if it has 2 speeds or not. i love the fact the my XL21 has a high and low speed.
CarmineD

Reply #18   Jul 21, 2009 6:26 am
Tread184 wrote:
It my understanding that Oreck does back any warranty of its vacs sold from other stores. After a log discussion last week, my friend explained to me that Oreck is also sold by HSN and JC Penny's and is on their websites as well, but they have restrictions on what products and how they sell them that the Home Care and Franchise stores do not have to follow as closely.

Form the picture , it doesnt look as sleek as the newest Oreck line out...maybe last years design..It seems to have a better handle on it than the base model the my Sister has. I guess the other question is if it has 2 speeds or not. i love the fact the my XL21 has a high and low speed.

The look of the COSTCO ORECK is the old ORECK style not the latest and greatest.  One of the reasons I intend to upgrade to the Silver series and donate away the XL Classic.  I too and my dear Wife like the newer ORECK look better than the old.

Carmine D.

Revised: And of course, the ergonomic handle grip on the Silver which is not on my ORECK XL Classic.

This message was modified Jul 21, 2009 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #19   Jul 28, 2009 7:01 pm
For those of you who are COSTCO store members, the August 2009 COSTCO Connection magazine

features the ORECK XL Pro Plus lightweight upright with companion canister.  Rated HEPA with a

year's supply of HEPA Saniseal bags that lock in dirt, dust and allergens.  Comes with two free tuneups. 

The ORECK feature is part of the monthly COSTCO magazine topic:  Inside COSTCO, Exciting new products

arriving soon.  COSTCO boasts the ORECK has "superb cleaning performance."

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #20   Jul 28, 2009 7:53 pm
CarmineD wrote:
For those of you who are COSTCO store members, the August 2009 COSTCO Connection magazine

features the ORECK XL Pro Plus lightweight upright with companion canister.  Rated HEPA with a

year's supply of HEPA Saniseal bags that lock in dirt, dust and allergens.  Comes with two free tuneups. 

The ORECK feature is part of the monthly COSTCO magazine topic:  Inside COSTCO, Exciting new products

arriving soon.  COSTCO boasts the ORECK has "superb cleaning performance."

Carmine D.

Do you expect them to be honest and lose sales?

Oreck sales must have bottomed out.  Why else would they resort to big box sales?

Nothing unusual about the sales hype in the COSTCO mag.  Just more sales hype.  Many will fall for it.

procare

Reply #21   Jul 28, 2009 10:23 pm
  When I went in to an Oreck Store recently I saw different brands of cleaners with the Oreck name on them. There are Sanitaaires,Windsor, and another. Oreck seems to want to sell everyone even if they rebadge some. They bought Halo out.Going into a BBS is only logical since David isn't running the show and Oreck wants to dominate.

Procare

iMacDaddy

Electrolux UltraOne EL7070, Bissell BigGreen Deep Cleaning Machine

Reply #22   Jul 28, 2009 11:00 pm
Quick question about Oreck, and their rebranded products - Did Oreck ever sell a rebranded version of the Regina Housekeeper after they bought the company from Philips? I know Oreck sells the Steemer and Electrik Broom, but what about Regina's volume selling upright? I couldn't help but think that it could be useful as a low priced entry level vac to help Oreck gain market share (even though the previous Housekeeper needed a redesign considering the poor quality of the final generation model under Regina).
CarmineD

Reply #23   Jul 29, 2009 7:06 am
iMacDaddy wrote:
Quick question about Oreck, and their rebranded products - Did Oreck ever sell a rebranded version of the Regina Housekeeper after they bought the company from Philips? I know Oreck sells the Steemer and Electrik Broom, but what about Regina's volume selling upright? I couldn't help but think that it could be useful as a low priced entry level vac to help Oreck gain market share (even though the previous Housekeeper needed a redesign considering the poor quality of the final generation model under Regina).

To my knowledge, iMacDaddy, ORECK let the Regina upright vacuum die its own natural death.  The volume seeling upright was all smoke and mirrors.  The company and the uprights were mired down in probably the worse financial scandal ever perpetrated in the vacuum industry.  How?  Selling refurbs/returns as new and double counting the sales and profits by understating the costs of production.  Why?  Greed.  To make the execs rich.  These execs were in bed with Wall Street and the stock was a hot seller for several years.  Until an outside auditor bucked the trend and revealed the scam.  All the Regina/WS greedies were put in jail and some may still be. They have never resurfaced in the US business world.  Once your business rep is tarnished, epsecially for integrity, you're toast.  ORECK felt the same way about the uprights I imagine.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #24   Aug 1, 2009 4:54 pm
An update on Regina:

Regina Brand Name:
Regina as a manufacturing company has ceased to exist. This brand name has been purchased
by TTI, Royal's parent company, and is now being used on select products manufactured by Royal
and marketed through Home Depot.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #25   Aug 26, 2009 1:54 am
The Oreck Pro has just been put om display at my local Costco. Same price -- $298.99.

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #26   Aug 26, 2009 6:52 am
Venson wrote:
The Oreck Pro has just been put om display at my local Costco. Same price -- $298.99.

Venson

Hello Venson:

I've received another offer from ORECK good thru Sept 25 for a Silver series upright solo for $199 with free shipping and year's worth of bags. 

Carmine D.

Poster's note:  I mistakenly posted Platinum and should have been Silver.  

This message was modified Aug 27, 2009 by CarmineD
Replies: 17 - 26 of 86Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42