Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Help with Canister Vacuum buying choice.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
JeffA

Help with Canister Vacuum buying choice.
Original Message   Jul 14, 2009 8:33 pm
Hello,

I've been reading here for awhile, but this is my first post.  As the subject states, I'm looking for a new vaccum and I would appreciate any sugestions. 

Lets start with the specifics.

Pets - 1 Dog (Great Dane that does shed), and 3 cats.

Floors - House is mostly lamanate flooring with a few large will area rugs and runners.  Carpeting in a couple bedrooms but I'm planning on pulling that and putting in lamanate with rugs.

Right now I have an upright hoover wind tunnel that I despise.  I'm afraid of the wheels scratching the floor and it's absolutely dreadful to clean out.  The filter gets plugged and I need to take it outside to dump because it's too messy and dust goes everywhere.  Needless to say I will not be going bagless ever again.

What I've been looking at:  I'm mainly looking in the $250-$500 range.  If I spend $500 it better be an awesome vacuum.

I've been looking at the panasonic MC-CG885 ($250ish).  There are some reviews on amazon but no professional reviews that I've been able to find.  The price is right.  The lack of a bare floor attachment might be an issue (can I find an aftermarket that will work?)

I've also seen the MC-CG985 for around $500, but again no reviews.  What am I getting for an extra $250?  The Panasonic site is aweful for trying to discern the differences between models.

I've also kicked around getting a $500 Miele S4212 Neptune Galaxy.  The lack of a powerhead makes me think twice about getting one of these.  I'm not sure if the turbobrush that comes with this unit is upo to the animal task.

Any thoughts?

Replies: 1 - 16 of 16View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 16 of 16View as Thread
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42