Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Sanitaire DuraLite SC9050 . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Sanitaire DuraLite SC9050 . . .
Original Message   Jul 13, 2009 5:27 pm
I may be a johnny-come-lately but I have just discovered that Sanitaire (Electrolux) has added a direct-air lightweight upright to its DuraLux vacuum line. No attachments of course. Its advantage is the use of magnesium in place of plastic. The cleaner's weight is claimed to be 10 lb. without its 30-foot cord. The cleaner draws 5 amps and has a horizontally positioned fan (standard Eureka).

Online vendors claim there is a height adjustment for its all-metal brushroll but no indication of the like is in the owners manual.

However, if there is a real advantage re weight and wearability due to magnesium it incorporates, even better it prices as low as $165 although as high as $300 online.

http://www.sanitairevac.com/commercial/products/duralux/sc9050.html

Venson
This message was modified Jul 13, 2009 by Venson
Replies: 3 - 12 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Motorhead

Re: Sanitaire DuraLite SC9050 . . .
Reply #3   Jul 14, 2009 12:29 pm
The DuraLite is essentially a Eureka Ultra from the late-1980's, with a heavily modernized exterior.  I first heard the name mentioned about 10 months back so it hasn't been around too terribly long.  From the outside it really gives the impression of another horizontal-motor lightweight; when I saw the underside of the machine I was shocked at what it was based off of.  I think it was a very good move on Electrolux/Eureka's part introducing a lightweight upright with the same 5-amp motor and fan as some Sanitaires.  With a Filtrete disposable bag there's no reason it won't handily outperform all other lightweight direct-air uprights on the market. 

I don't know where a VGII is mentioned, the few DuraLite examples I've seen have a wooden helix brushroll, and the many dividers in the soleplate means it cannot accomodate a VGII either.  The soleplate on the DuraLite is different from that on the old Ultra, which I do remember was VGII-equipped.

I know if I tried one I'd like it.  I'm tempted to go get one especially at the low prices I've seen them offered. 
This message was modified Jul 14, 2009 by Motorhead
CarmineD

Reply #4   Jul 14, 2009 1:42 pm

On a related note somewhat, LOWE's is discounting it's infamous Shop-vac Easy Lift for $49.  As I recall this launched in 2007 for $149, and some may have actual purchased at that price thinking it was a better value than other lightweights on the market.  Then, the price dropped to $99.  Then $69.  And now $49.  A recap of the features: 7 pounds.  5 year warranty. 13 inch cleaning swath. 4.3 amps. 30 foot cord. Micron filtration bagged. 2 carpet height adjustments.  I'm beginning to think the Garry vacuum is this in disguise and remarketed!!

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 14, 2009 by CarmineD
retardturtle1

Reply #5   Jul 14, 2009 2:24 pm
CarmineD wrote:

On a related note somewhat, LOWE's is discounting it's infamous Shop-vac Easy Lift for $49.  As I recall this launched in 2007 for $149, and some may have actual purchased at that price thinking it was a better value than other lightweights on the market.  Then, the price dropped to $99.  Then $69.  And now $49.  A recap of the features: 7 pounds.  5 year warranty. 13 inch cleaning swath. 4.3 amps. 30 foot cord. Micron filtration bagged. 2 carpet height adjustments.  I'm beginning to think the Garry vacuum is this in disguise and remarketed!!

Carmine D.

hi  carmine

i do believe you have a point.....an excellent one. ive heard some say it was a screamer,way louder than an oreck

the bag set up was odd and didnt do well against the oreck...or anything else. take a look at the hoover HSCU 8000B....is that a RICCAR SL?

HARDSELL

Reply #6   Jul 14, 2009 5:49 pm
CarmineD wrote:

Carmine D.

Has anyone watched the Garry infomercial comparing it to Oreck and Dyson?

CarmineD

Reply #7   Jul 14, 2009 6:37 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
hi  carmine

i do believe you have a point.....an excellent one. ive heard some say it was a screamer,way louder than an oreck

the bag set up was odd and didnt do well against the oreck...or anything else. take a look at the hoover HSCU 8000B....is that a RICCAR SL?

Hello 'turtle1'

The HOOVER Ultra Lightweight upright [HSC-8000SN] is/was made by RICCAR.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #8   Jul 14, 2009 6:44 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Has anyone watched the Garry infomercial comparing it to Oreck and Dyson?

Yes, HS indeed and discussed here about a month ago.

http://www.abbysguide.com/vacuum/discussions/38006-0-1.html

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #9   Jul 14, 2009 9:17 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Yes, HS indeed and discussed here about a month ago.

http://www.abbysguide.com/vacuum/discussions/38006-0-1.html

Carmine D.

I read that and watched the clip.  I am referring to the TV infomercial that lasts 30 minutes.  The Garry and Dyson out performed the Oreck.  Of course the Garry was the winner.
retardturtle1

Reply #10   Jul 14, 2009 11:49 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
I read that and watched the clip.  I am referring to the TV infomercial that lasts 30 minutes.  The Garry and Dyson out performed the Oreck.  Of course the Garry was the winner.

yeah i saw it the other night.....id actually have to do the testing myself to believe. nor do i see it besting dyson to be honest  H.S.

ive heard a couple reviews about the g-vac....not to good. sent back the same week . ..just cant seem to find out a dang thing about  them...beyond home page.

it seems as if great effort has been applied to ensure you dont..

retardturtle1

Reply #11   Jul 15, 2009 12:08 am
Motorhead wrote:
The DuraLite is essentially a Eureka Ultra from the late-1980's, with a heavily modernized exterior.  I first heard the name mentioned about 10 months back so it hasn't been around too terribly long.  From the outside it really gives the impression of another horizontal-motor lightweight; when I saw the underside of the machine I was shocked at what it was based off of.  I think it was a very good move on Electrolux/Eureka's part introducing a lightweight upright with the same 5-amp motor and fan as some Sanitaires.  With a Filtrete disposable bag there's no reason it won't handily outperform all other lightweight direct-air uprights on the market. 

I don't know where a VGII is mentioned, the few DuraLite examples I've seen have a wooden helix brushroll, and the many dividers in the soleplate means it cannot accomodate a VGII either.  The soleplate on the DuraLite is different from that on the old Ultra, which I do remember was VGII-equipped.

I know if I tried one I'd like it.  I'm tempted to go get one especially at the low prices I've seen them offered. 

hi M.H

no vg2...my bad. be nice to see a duralux roller on it. i like the dura-lite...looks kinda tough and im sure its a great performer. no doubt

but id be hard pressed to take one over an equally priced oreck...i look at an oreck and see at least 10+ yrs of hard labor out of it...

a long time proven performer..as is the sanitaire name...but id love to test these 2 against eachother.

CarmineD

Reply #12   Jul 15, 2009 6:41 am
HARDSELL wrote:

HS:

What they don't say, is that the belt in the ORECK is off, rendering the brush roll inoperable.  In such a case, ORECK will push the M&M's around.  With the belt on, the ORECK will devour the M&M's in short order.  It's a routine test performed for the ORECK demoes in all their stores!

Carmine D.

Replies: 3 - 12 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42