Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > info on canister vacuum

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
jdiane

info on canister vacuum
Original Message   Jul 13, 2009 9:34 pm
does anyone know between a Hoover Windtunnel canister (aniver edition with bag) and the Kemore model 27515, which is a better machine?  I have a Kemore canister that is 33 yrs OLD and it is still running, however the new ones seem very flimsy and not sure how well they hold up.
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Venson

Re: info on canister vacuum
Reply #1   Jul 13, 2009 10:26 pm
Hi jdiane,

33 years? Wow!

The Hoover S3670 got good ratings from Consumer Reports but though, I have not tried them, don't care much for the tool set. The combined dusting/upholstery tool leaves me cold. But that's just me.

Personally, for the same $250, I like the Kenmore 27515 better. All tools -- including bare floor brush -- store on board and its combi-tool for dusting and furniture is nicer I feel. This nachine alos come with an electric mini-nozzle for upholstered furniture and car cleaning. Bags, filters and parts can be easily ordered online if you don't feel like taking a trip to a Sears store. You also have the option of standard or high-filtration bags as your needs and budget require.

The problem I've with earlier but similar Kenmore's is that I found the locking tab on the hose a bit fragile and I had trouble with a loose rear wheel on an older model. However, the last Kenmore bagged canister can I bought has been gifted to a friend and is doing well several years later -- in spite of his better efforts.

As for flimsiness, jdiane it's all your fault. Once upon a time many vacuum makers puffed up with pride to learn a machine they'd made had lasted a long time. Apparently, those folks have long left us and have been replaced with overly profit-minded execs. They don't want anyone to keep anything for more than five years before they need a new one. (Unless you spend a thousand dollars or more.)

It is obvious that you gave your present cleaner good care. Your chances should be better than most with anything you buy.

Best of luck,

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #2   Jul 14, 2009 6:49 am
jdiane wrote:
does anyone know between a Hoover Windtunnel canister (aniver edition with bag) and the Kemore model 27515, which is a better machine?  I have a Kemore canister that is 33 yrs OLD and it is still running, however the new ones seem very flimsy and not sure how well they hold up.

Hello jdiane:

33 years old.  Those were the days when vacuums were still a worthy appliance purchase for the ages.

I agree with Venson.  Probably the Kenmore over the HOOVER for $250.  Hovever, I would also suggest that you shop one/more of your local vacuum stores for a better canister vacuum than you can purchase in one of the big box retailer stores.  Test/try the SIMPLICITY canisters [mid size], BOSCH and Fuller Brush.  I think you will be impressed with these compared to a HOOVER/Kenmore.  Perhaps even a MIELE display model, slightly older model.

Your Kenmore cann is good for a second or hand me down.  Your local vacuum store[s] can assist with parts and repairs on it.  Another reason, now that I think of it, of fostering a business relationship with a good, reputable, reliable local vacuum store.

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #3   Jul 14, 2009 2:12 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello jdiane:

33 years old.  Those were the days when vacuums were still a worthy appliance purchase for the ages.

I agree with Venson.  Probably the Kenmore over the HOOVER for $250.  Hovever, I would also suggest that you shop one/more of your local vacuum stores for a better canister vacuum than you can purchase in one of the big box retailer stores.  Test/try the SIMPLICITY canisters [mid size], BOSCH and Fuller Brush.  I think you will be impressed with these compared to a HOOVER/Kenmore.  Perhaps even a MIELE display model, slightly older model.

Your Kenmore cann is good for a second or hand me down.  Your local vacuum store[s] can assist with parts and repairs on it.  Another reason, now that I think of it, of fostering a business relationship with a good, reputable, reliable local vacuum store.

Carmine D.

hi carmine

of the above names you mentioned[ .bosch-simp-fuller ]..how would you rate the uprights in the under $500 range.
CarmineD

Reply #4   Jul 14, 2009 6:38 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
hi carmine

of the above names you mentioned[ .bosch-simp-fuller ]..how would you rate the uprights in the under $500 range.

Hello 'turtle1'

I'm partial to the RICCAR/SIMPLICITY.  Then BOSCH and Fuller.

Carmine D.

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42