Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
iMacDaddy

Electrolux UltraOne EL7070, Bissell BigGreen Deep Cleaning Machine

Dyson DC22
Original Message   Oct 30, 2007 9:38 am
The Dyson DC22 canister was very recently introduced in Japan. I have heard that this will make it to the US market in order to expand their canister range.

Key Features:

-Root Cyclone with Core Separation
-Dyson Digital Motor
-Stowaway Design
-Motorhead
-Pre filter rinse once every seven years

This message was modified Oct 31, 2007 by iMacDaddy
Replies: 135 - 144 of 162Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
retardturtle1

Re: Dyson DC22
Reply #135   Jul 1, 2009 10:38 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Well said turtle1.  Dyson was a novelty vacuum [read bagless].  What happens to novelties when they are beat up by the competition.  The novelty wears off.

Carmine D.

hi carmine

btw.....didnt the TITANIC  run out of lifeboats?.....a ton of people left behind on a sinking ship....

CarmineD

Reply #136   Jul 2, 2009 6:50 am
retardturtle1 wrote:
hi carmine

btw.....didnt the TITANIC  run out of lifeboats?.....a ton of people left behind on a sinking ship....

Yes, indeed.  Those that were last in line for the life boats, didn't make it. 

They went down with the ship.  

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #137   Jul 2, 2009 3:10 pm
HARDSELL wrote:

Retard,  exactly how did you test the Dyson against those cheap vac to determine that they are better performers?

Please share your experiences in using a Dyson in your home.

If all the other brands are so good why is it that the shops make a good living since they do not service Dysons.  What the hell do you repair?

Do you really think that Oreck should have so many vacs.  Really, how much difference in the cheapest and highest priced one.  Do you think an Oreck is worth $800?

Well  Mr.Hardsell    we at the shop have used it in every way..full clean-ups ..clean-outs..spring cleaning....

repair room clean-ups 5 different people at various times during the day....months at a time...torture tests out back..

.dumping customers full bags onto various types of carpet and surfaces....pushed to the limit....and back....

weve done this on quite a few vacs over the years.....so our testing at the shop is fair ....and accurate...

how it performs and maintanence to keep it up to par determines if it gets ordered for the shop or not...

and at times they do come home with us after a full service claen-up.....thats one way its done.

NEXT- CONSUMER REPORTS

NEXT-the dyson owner ....what they like/dislike...changes?....gripes about the CSR....long hold times....to unanswered questions.

abt 1 in 5 like or love their dyson.....the rest dump it for another brand.

NEXT- other owner/operators...what they think....and why...what do their dyson customers have to say...ect.

shops make money in different ways...we service and maintain alot of comm. eqip..

..from carpet servcs to cleaning servcs...city and county contracts...in addition to sales -service-parts....to the public and city/county.

ORECK-as i have stated before...i do feel they are priced out of reach on the platinum series....no vacuum is worth $800..period.

orecks have stood the test of time and proven themselves to be one of the most reliable/durable vacuums ever made....well worth $200-400

never have i ever heard a customer complain about them....not to me anyway.

DYSON-if nobody wants them or wants to touch them...for whatever reason....its all freedom of choice...thats all that matters.  once a choice

is made based on all of the above info....as a whole....its then up to the owner of the shop to express his or her freedom of choice and opinion

on what they feel is the overall better vacuum for the store....best bang for the buck./reliability/durability.....branding....gen. feedback.

All in all it is what it is...freedom of choice/opinion....i dislike all bagless vacs ever made....you may not....i love RICCAR/PANASONIC .

..but i wont pay $500....im sure you could trash them all day long.....but i like what i like....and its your opinion...and i respect it....

.i once had a dyson given to me...a dc-7.....used it a couple months....not happy or impressed...so i gave it away..

.one mans trash is another mans treasure.  im sure most if not all of you have far more exp. than i.....ive learned from all of you

....even you HARDSELL....all our comments are  from OUR first hand exp....our opinions....but nomatter who you are or what you make

a $100 vacuum shouldnt last as long -outperform -an $800 vacuum for any reason.....and if a hoover tempo can take on a $800 dyson then its

dyson that needs to possibly rethink or  redo things..cause somethings not working....this goes for any $800 vacuum.....just my opinion. and

thank you for you time - patience and respect   MR.HARDSELL.

CarmineD

Reply #138   Jul 3, 2009 6:15 am
Hello "turtle1"

Thanks for the info.  Your commentary is much the same as I hear from

others in the vacuum biz. 

How long has the store/shop been in buisness?

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #139   Jul 3, 2009 9:26 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello "turtle1"

Thanks for the info.  Your commentary is much the same as I hear from

others in the vacuum biz. 

How long has the store/shop been in buisness?

Carmine D.

hi carmine

17 years.....5 years in new location....i work  for his son now....2yrs. his dad sold kirbys back in the day

but  set the store up with alot of side accounts to wheather any stoms that may come...[its raining]...

.he made sure we all had umbrellas....great man. i had the very short privlidge of working with him the last year he was there.

he now does missionary work and is gone alot...but once a year comes by to say hello.

CarmineD

Reply #140   Jul 3, 2009 9:33 am
retardturtle1 wrote:
hi carmine

17 years.....5 years in new location....i work  for his son now....2yrs. his dad sold kirbys back in the day

but  set the store up with alot of side accounts to wheather any stoms that may come...[its raining]...

.he made sure we all had umbrellas....great man. i had the very short privlidge of working with him the last year he was there.

he now does missionary work and is gone alot...but once a year comes by to say hello.

Hello turtle1:

It sounds like a very good vacuum business.  The owner, from what you say, sounds like a remarkable person

and professional business man.  Thanks for the information.

When I sold my buz in 1992, it was to a former KIRBY dealer.  He's still there in the same location I opened in 1949.

It's a town landmark and featured in the local newspapers.

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #141   Jul 3, 2009 5:41 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello turtle1:

It sounds like a very good vacuum business.  The owner, from what you say, sounds like a remarkable person

and professional business man.  Thanks for the information.

When I sold my buz in 1992, it was to a former KIRBY dealer.  He's still there in the same location I opened in 1949.

It's a town landmark and featured in the local newspapers.

Carmine D.

hi carmine

yes he is...but had to move , tornado realy did some damage to the little shopping center ....the whole place was unsafe

so the owner found new place.....the lot where it was is still empty and over grown to this day...wow 1949 carmine! .

..can i ask just how old are you?

HARDSELL

Reply #142   Jul 3, 2009 11:05 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
hi carmine

yes he is...but had to move , tornado realy did some damage to the little shopping center ....the whole place was unsafe

so the owner found new place.....the lot where it was is still empty and over grown to this day...wow 1949 carmine! .

..can i ask just how old are you?

Noah hired Carmine to clean the ark with a Bissel sweeper. 
retardturtle1

Reply #143   Jul 4, 2009 4:07 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Noah hired Carmine to clean the ark with a Bissel sweeper. 

HAHAHA

thats a good one...Carmine will be entertained im sure.

CarmineD

Reply #144   Jul 4, 2009 7:00 am
Age is relative, especially in Las Vegas.  I'm as old as my tongue and a little bit older than my teeth.

Abraham was 99.  HIs wife Sarah was 90.  Thet had their son Isaac. 

Carmine D.

Replies: 135 - 144 of 162Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42