Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
iMacDaddy

Electrolux UltraOne EL7070, Bissell BigGreen Deep Cleaning Machine

Dyson DC22
Original Message   Oct 30, 2007 9:38 am
The Dyson DC22 canister was very recently introduced in Japan. I have heard that this will make it to the US market in order to expand their canister range.

Key Features:

-Root Cyclone with Core Separation
-Dyson Digital Motor
-Stowaway Design
-Motorhead
-Pre filter rinse once every seven years

This message was modified Oct 31, 2007 by iMacDaddy
Replies: 103 - 112 of 162Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Dyson DC22
Reply #103   Jun 28, 2009 6:52 am
retardturtle1 wrote:
hi carmine

i wasnt trying to offend or insult you in any way...guess i misunderstood.....sorry about that.....but the long turnaround comes from having to wait on the manufacturer to send parts ..if in stock....finish whats ahead..then start on repair...if correct part was sent...it happens all the time.

No umbrage taken, HS.

My point, among others, is that the vacuum store owners and operators are the first line of defense for dyson warranty.

In most cases the dyson customers are irate because they paid $500 plus in the bbs and didn't get their money's worth.

Who gets the customer ventings and emotional tirades: You got it!  Vacuum cleaner store owners and operators.

Any wonder the vacuum stores have not embraced dyson products?

BBS make the sales and profits, big bucks for bbs and dyson, and vacuum stores do the dirty work [no pun intended].

Now back to the DDM 22 for $700-$800.  Who will be the likely retail venues for these new dyson canns?

What are your thoughts on the latest DDM canns?  Do you think US/Can canister vacuum customers will embrace them?

Or look passed them for more suction powered products at lower prices?

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #104   Jun 28, 2009 11:24 am
CarmineD wrote:
No umbrage taken, HS.

My point, among others, is that the vacuum store owners and operators are the first line of defense for dyson warranty.

In most cases the dyson customers are irate because they paid $500 plus in the bbs and didn't get their money's worth.

Who gets the customer ventings and emotional tirades: You got it!  Vacuum cleaner store owners and operators.

Any wonder the vacuum stores have not embraced dyson products?

BBS make the sales and profits, big bucks for bbs and dyson, and vacuum stores do the dirty work [no pun intended].

Now back to the DDM 22 for $700-$800.  Who will be the likely retail venues for these new dyson canns?

What are your thoughts on the latest DDM canns?  Do you think US/Can canister vacuum customers will embrace them?

Or look passed them for more suction powered products at lower prices?

Carmine D.

hi carmine

first lets look at the facts...700-800$ for a dyson...are you kidding me...                                                                                                                                                                                      not even as a combo set w/ his newest upright...and at the moment there are 2 popular combo sets already on the market ,at about a 1/3 to 1/2 the price that dyson cant touch .....never could. ...be hard pressed to get WALLY WORLD to put one of these on the shelf and display it proudly with a ' smiley face rollback price card' at that price....or any bbx store at that.....i mean look what problems they [consumer] had when they try to take it back or had to deal with dysons 'no help line'..then sent to take it to a vacuum store that isnt a service center and doesnt want anything to do with a dyson...that has told dyson not to send us your customers...yet do it anyway...all these problems they got for the first 500$ bucks they spent...and now all the same problems are availiable at $800....might as well BEND OVER...cause sir james has a new vac out....because only a select few will buy...collectors ,bored housewives with money to blow..ect...most if not all who owned one before are/were pissed off at the money they wasted on the dyson they bought wont be back  and nobody we know  in the vac biz.. wants to be a dyson svc/center ...one BEND OVER SESSION was enough....alot of our newer customers..some old ones are dyson victims..now have a nice hi power vacuum..at an affordable price w/ excellent customer service...excellent warr....and when you call you get someone who really knows what they are talking about...and doesnt mind answering your questions....takes care of you because thats what you get when you buy from a vacuum store...SERVICE AFTER THE SALE..AND BEYOND...when you buy from us..your getting the best...thats what you get when im at work...if i dont have an answer for your question...ill get you one that day no matter what....$700-800 FOR A DYSON....at that price point its  A TRAIN WRECK ON ITS WAY TO HAPPENING. ..plain and simple.        i respect the man and his ideas...great inventor  a good man....but his products are not worth the money....all show and no go.
Trilobite

Reply #105   Jun 28, 2009 4:19 pm
Comparing the UK DC22 to the US DC22, I see that the US model has MORE suction power, 30 air Watts more.

This will be down to the US DC22 having the Mark I Digital motor  and it spinning faster.

However, I see that the US Mark I motor spins only at 88,000 revolutions per minute; The DDM was originally supposed to spin at 100,000 rpm.

I also note that the Mark II motor as fitted to UK DC30 & 31, spins at 104,000rpm.

CarmineD

Reply #106   Jun 28, 2009 9:14 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
hi carmine

first lets look at the facts...700-800$ for a dyson...are you kidding me...                                                                                                                                                                                      not even as a combo set w/ his newest upright...and at the moment there are 2 popular combo sets already on the market ,at about a 1/3 to 1/2 the price that dyson cant touch .....never could. ...be hard pressed to get WALLY WORLD to put one of these on the shelf and display it proudly with a ' smiley face rollback price card' at that price....or any bbx store at that.....i mean look what problems they [consumer] had when they try to take it back or had to deal with dysons 'no help line'..then sent to take it to a vacuum store that isnt a service center and doesnt want anything to do with a dyson...that has told dyson not to send us your customers...yet do it anyway...all these problems they got for the first 500$ bucks they spent...and now all the same problems are availiable at $800....might as well BEND OVER...cause sir james has a new vac out....because only a select few will buy...collectors ,bored housewives with money to blow..ect...most if not all who owned one before are/were pissed off at the money they wasted on the dyson they bought wont be back  and nobody we know  in the vac biz.. wants to be a dyson svc/center ...one BEND OVER SESSION was enough....alot of our newer customers..some old ones are dyson victims..now have a nice hi power vacuum..at an affordable price w/ excellent customer service...excellent warr....and when you call you get someone who really knows what they are talking about...and doesnt mind answering your questions....takes care of you because thats what you get when you buy from a vacuum store...SERVICE AFTER THE SALE..AND BEYOND...when you buy from us..your getting the best...thats what you get when im at work...if i dont have an answer for your question...ill get you one that day no matter what....$700-800 FOR A DYSON....at that price point its  A TRAIN WRECK ON ITS WAY TO HAPPENING. ..plain and simple.        i respect the man and his ideas...great inventor  a good man....but his products are not worth the money....all show and no go.

Hi 'turtle1'

The smaller, less powerful [230 a/w and 4,500 RPM for brush roll], and much more expensive dyson canister [aka DDM 22] is DOA. 

VDTA didn't even give it a tepid reception.  More like no reception at all.  So far, vacuum stores are doing the same.

BBS will not sell this model at $700-$800.  Too much for their sales venues.  Even at $500-$600, the DDM DC22 is a hardsell.

Dyson will have to pull a rabbit out of the hat on this one to spark sales.  Perhaps a lifetime warranty on the motor?

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 28, 2009 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #107   Jun 28, 2009 9:21 pm
Trilobite wrote:
Comparing the UK DC22 to the US DC22, I see that the US model has MORE suction power, 30 air Watts more.

This will be down to the US DC22 having the Mark I Digital motor  and it spinning faster.

However, I see that the US Mark I motor spins only at 88,000 revolutions per minute; The DDM was originally supposed to spin at 100,000 rpm.

I also note that the Mark II motor as fitted to UK DC30 & 31, spins at 104,000rpm.

Thanks Trilobite.  Not much suction power: 230 a/w US and 200 a/w UK. 

Motor RPM is probably not as important as brush roll RPM's.  On the DDM22 US only 4,500.  Even ORECK with a 4 amper

revolves its brush roll at 6500.  And for alot less $.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #108   Jun 28, 2009 9:43 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hi 'turtle1'

The smaller, less powerful [230 a/w and 4,500 RPM for brush roll], and much more expensive dyson canister [aka DDM 22] is DOA. 

VDTA didn't even give it a tepid reception.  More like no reception at all.  So far, vacuum stores are doing the same.

BBS will not sell this model at $700-$800.  Too much for their sales venues.  Even at $500-$600, the DDM DC22 is a hardsell.

Dyson will have to pull a rabbit out of the hat on this one to spark sales.  Perhaps a lifetime warranty on the motor?

Carmine D.

Carmine,

He already did...  although for some reason Dyson is not celebrating or marketing the DDM DC22 like it could/should.

The DDM DC22 (aka patented and exclusive only to Dyson) vacuum measures 10 (out of 10, Kirby-like) on the Baird meter and remains a 10 (no drop in suction, unlike a Kirby/or anyone) for 4, 5, 6, or 7 years.  No sack-N-choke filter/manufacturer comes close!  No other multi-cyclonic/manufacturer comes close!

Although you give much weight to the VDTA, the VDTA, not Dyson’s radical breakthroughs are DOA.  My guess is...   less than 1% of the U.S. population has ever heard of the VDTA and this is why it is not covered in the news (large or small).

DIB

DysonInventsBig

Reply #109   Jun 28, 2009 9:44 pm
I say Dyson is dumbing down their advertised airwatts (and filtering abilities too) on the DC22 Motorhead.  The DC22 turbo nozzle with it’s air leak gets the same airwatts as the Motorhead?  How?

DIB

retardturtle1

Reply #110   Jun 28, 2009 11:32 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine,

He already did...  although for some reason Dyson is not celebrating or marketing the DDM DC22 like it could/should.

The DDM DC22 (aka patented and exclusive only to Dyson) vacuum measures 10 (out of 10, Kirby-like) on the Baird meter and remains a 10 (no drop in suction, unlike a Kirby/or anyone) for 4, 5, 6, or 7 years.  No sack-N-choke filter/manufacturer comes close!  No other multi-cyclonic/manufacturer comes close!

Although you give much weight to the VDTA, the VDTA, not Dyson’s radical breakthroughs are DOA.  My guess is...   less than 1% of the U.S. population has ever heard of the VDTA and this is why it is not covered in the news (large or small).

DIB

if the dealers dont carry the $700-800 dyson then who will? hard to almost impossible to find a dealer/svc  center                                                                     

and no bbx retailer wants a bunch of  $700-800  dysons that wont sell sitting on a shelf....most people dont forget

and wont forget their dealings with dyson and its lack of dealer/svc center  support...not to mention the money spent

on the purchase of it..or the crap service you get from where it was bought...bbx retailer...once youve paid...you no longer matter.

not all dealers are alike..some really suck..crooks....and some really want that new customer to be a long time happy customer.

his prices are way out of reach for most...not realistic for the current economy...dyson is a $200-250 bagless vac at best.,,,

$300 for the ddm version....if his claims are true this time,...at those prices i can see alot more dealer support/cust loyalty

to the brand.....dysons riding the wave with its flagship ddm dc-22......problem is that  his flagship is the TITANIC.

CarmineD

Reply #111   Jun 29, 2009 6:26 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine,

DIB

Hello DIB:

You, not me, heralded the DDM DC22 launch at the FEB 2009 VDTA here.  Now you play it down.

You, not me,  boasted little filter maintenance/costs.  Now you play it down.

http://www.abbysguide.com/vacuum/discussions/36196-0-1.html

Dyson and its supporters, like you, brag about air watts.  Now you play it down.

New dyson suction measure [really very old old vacuum school] is the baird meter.  No proof.  

You compare a new dyson cann to a KIRBY upright which has no tools on board!    ?????

The only "dumbing down" here DIB is dyson and its cheering squadron. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 29, 2009 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #112   Jun 29, 2009 6:32 am
retardturtle1 wrote:
 if the dealers dont carry the $700-800 dyson then who will? hard to almost impossible to find a dealer/svc  center                                                                     

and no bbx retailer wants a bunch of  $700-800  dysons that wont sell sitting on a shelf....most people dont forget

and wont forget their dealings with dyson and its lack of dealer/svc center  support...not to mention the money spent

on the purchase of it..or the crap service you get from where it was bought...bbx retailer...once youve paid...you no longer matter.

not all dealers are alike..some really suck..crooks....and some really want that new customer to be a long time happy customer.

his prices are way out of reach for most...not realistic for the current economy...dyson is a $200-250 bagless vac at best.,,,

$300 for the ddm version....if his claims are true this time,...at those prices i can see alot more dealer support/cust loyalty

to the brand.....dysons riding the wave with its flagship ddm dc-22......problem is that  his flagship is the TITANIC.

Hello 'turtle1"

Agree.  It's sunk in the US market. 

Likely, dyson reprices this DDM DC22 to $400/$500, retailers discount 20%/more and it's still a niche seller, at best.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 29, 2009 by CarmineD
Replies: 103 - 112 of 162Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42