Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
iMacDaddy

Electrolux UltraOne EL7070, Bissell BigGreen Deep Cleaning Machine

Dyson DC22
Original Message   Oct 30, 2007 9:38 am
The Dyson DC22 canister was very recently introduced in Japan. I have heard that this will make it to the US market in order to expand their canister range.

Key Features:

-Root Cyclone with Core Separation
-Dyson Digital Motor
-Stowaway Design
-Motorhead
-Pre filter rinse once every seven years

This message was modified Oct 31, 2007 by iMacDaddy
Replies: 99 - 108 of 162Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
retardturtle1

Re: Dyson DC22
Reply #99   Jun 27, 2009 8:14 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Footnote:  Why is it a crapshoot?

A customer buys a new $500 plus vacuum from a big box store.  It fails after 6 months and under warranty.  The retailer tells the customer to ship it back to the brand maker clear across the country and/or take it to a authorized dealer for the brand.  It's a crap shoot either way.  Why?

If I'm the authorized dealer, and I don't like the product model, I'll fix it and get reimbursed by the maker for the parts and my time.  Maybe.

More likely, I'll tell the customer I don't like the product model.  Since the customer shelled out $500 plus and has a problem, he/she is already disgruntled.  And will probably seek out other alternatives and avenues of resolution.  More than likely, a trade in for a dealer sold make and model. 

Else ship it back, pay the freight, wait the time, be without and hope for the best.

Carmine D.

hi carmine

you would really tell the customer you didnt like the product they have and thats why you dont want to do the service work...even when they come in saying they were told to bring it here for warranty work..because you are a  x service center...and that the 500$ they spent is worthless now....im not seeing a sale or trade in ...in the picture here,..i see a very pissed off customer..a scene ..ummm ...id never critisize your cust service  exp....but i think this is one of those times where its ok to lie....very ok...we hate working on and dealing with dyson in every way....only when things are dead slo do we bother with them....but its easier to lie to the dyson customer and send them on their way to deal with what dyson made.....because dyson owners dont want to hear or see the truth about what they just bought and what the 90$ tempo in the showroom can do to a dyson....no offense to dyson owners,,,,just a view.

CarmineD

Reply #100   Jun 27, 2009 9:13 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
hi carmine

you would really tell the customer you didnt like the product they have and thats why you dont want to do the service work...even when they come in saying they were told to bring it here for warranty work..because you are a  x service center...and that the 500$ they spent is worthless now....im not seeing a sale or trade in ...in the picture here,..i see a very pissed off customer..a scene ..ummm ...id never critisize your cust service  exp....but i think this is one of those times where its ok to lie....very ok...we hate working on and dealing with dyson in every way....only when things are dead slo do we bother with them....but its easier to lie to the dyson customer and send them on their way to deal with what dyson made.....because dyson owners dont want to hear or see the truth about what they just bought and what the 90$ tempo in the showroom can do to a dyson....no offense to dyson owners,,,,just a view.

No, HS, I wouldn't have to say I did/didn't like the product.  The customer will say. 

If the customer likes it, do the warranty work get paid.  A NEW CUSTOMER.

If not, trade it in.   A NEW CUSTOMER and a rebuilt for resale 

If the customer is undedecided, let them look around.

Test out a few of the latest and greatest, and then make them a deal. 

If they go, fine if not fine.  A NEW CUSTOMER.

Beats the alternative. 

Shipping it back across country.

Paying the shipping cost hoping to get reimbursed and not taken.

Having to wait for 2-3 weeks without a vacuum and then when its received hoping its repaired properly. 

If not, they're back in your store.  A NEW CUSTOMER.

The business philosophy of the independent vacuum cleaner owners and operators is simple: Pay me now, or pay me later.  A NEW CUSTOMER.

Are you beginning to see why the ORECK business model beats your fave brand. 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #101   Jun 27, 2009 9:52 pm
CarmineD wrote:
No, HS, I wouldn't have to say I did/didn't like the product.  The customer will say. 

Beats the alternative. 

Having to wait for 2-3 weeks without a vacuum and then when its received hoping its repaired properly. 

The business philosophy of the independent vacuum cleaner owners and operators is simple: Pay me now, or pay me later.  A NEW CUSTOMER.

Carmine D.

If you do not live in a major metropolitan area the Oreck business model is no better than Wal Mart.  I have not found an indy with less than 2-3 week turn around.  Nothing you said resembles my experiences with indys.
retardturtle1

Reply #102   Jun 27, 2009 10:31 pm
CarmineD wrote:

Beats the alternative. 

Carmine D.

hi carmine

i wasnt trying to offend or insult you in any way...guess i misunderstood.....sorry about that.....but the long turnaround comes from having to wait on the manufacturer to send parts ..if in stock....finish whats ahead..then start on repair...if correct part was sent...it happens all the time.

CarmineD

Reply #103   Jun 28, 2009 6:52 am
retardturtle1 wrote:
hi carmine

i wasnt trying to offend or insult you in any way...guess i misunderstood.....sorry about that.....but the long turnaround comes from having to wait on the manufacturer to send parts ..if in stock....finish whats ahead..then start on repair...if correct part was sent...it happens all the time.

No umbrage taken, HS.

My point, among others, is that the vacuum store owners and operators are the first line of defense for dyson warranty.

In most cases the dyson customers are irate because they paid $500 plus in the bbs and didn't get their money's worth.

Who gets the customer ventings and emotional tirades: You got it!  Vacuum cleaner store owners and operators.

Any wonder the vacuum stores have not embraced dyson products?

BBS make the sales and profits, big bucks for bbs and dyson, and vacuum stores do the dirty work [no pun intended].

Now back to the DDM 22 for $700-$800.  Who will be the likely retail venues for these new dyson canns?

What are your thoughts on the latest DDM canns?  Do you think US/Can canister vacuum customers will embrace them?

Or look passed them for more suction powered products at lower prices?

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #104   Jun 28, 2009 11:24 am
CarmineD wrote:
No umbrage taken, HS.

My point, among others, is that the vacuum store owners and operators are the first line of defense for dyson warranty.

In most cases the dyson customers are irate because they paid $500 plus in the bbs and didn't get their money's worth.

Who gets the customer ventings and emotional tirades: You got it!  Vacuum cleaner store owners and operators.

Any wonder the vacuum stores have not embraced dyson products?

BBS make the sales and profits, big bucks for bbs and dyson, and vacuum stores do the dirty work [no pun intended].

Now back to the DDM 22 for $700-$800.  Who will be the likely retail venues for these new dyson canns?

What are your thoughts on the latest DDM canns?  Do you think US/Can canister vacuum customers will embrace them?

Or look passed them for more suction powered products at lower prices?

Carmine D.

hi carmine

first lets look at the facts...700-800$ for a dyson...are you kidding me...                                                                                                                                                                                      not even as a combo set w/ his newest upright...and at the moment there are 2 popular combo sets already on the market ,at about a 1/3 to 1/2 the price that dyson cant touch .....never could. ...be hard pressed to get WALLY WORLD to put one of these on the shelf and display it proudly with a ' smiley face rollback price card' at that price....or any bbx store at that.....i mean look what problems they [consumer] had when they try to take it back or had to deal with dysons 'no help line'..then sent to take it to a vacuum store that isnt a service center and doesnt want anything to do with a dyson...that has told dyson not to send us your customers...yet do it anyway...all these problems they got for the first 500$ bucks they spent...and now all the same problems are availiable at $800....might as well BEND OVER...cause sir james has a new vac out....because only a select few will buy...collectors ,bored housewives with money to blow..ect...most if not all who owned one before are/were pissed off at the money they wasted on the dyson they bought wont be back  and nobody we know  in the vac biz.. wants to be a dyson svc/center ...one BEND OVER SESSION was enough....alot of our newer customers..some old ones are dyson victims..now have a nice hi power vacuum..at an affordable price w/ excellent customer service...excellent warr....and when you call you get someone who really knows what they are talking about...and doesnt mind answering your questions....takes care of you because thats what you get when you buy from a vacuum store...SERVICE AFTER THE SALE..AND BEYOND...when you buy from us..your getting the best...thats what you get when im at work...if i dont have an answer for your question...ill get you one that day no matter what....$700-800 FOR A DYSON....at that price point its  A TRAIN WRECK ON ITS WAY TO HAPPENING. ..plain and simple.        i respect the man and his ideas...great inventor  a good man....but his products are not worth the money....all show and no go.
Trilobite

Reply #105   Jun 28, 2009 4:19 pm
Comparing the UK DC22 to the US DC22, I see that the US model has MORE suction power, 30 air Watts more.

This will be down to the US DC22 having the Mark I Digital motor  and it spinning faster.

However, I see that the US Mark I motor spins only at 88,000 revolutions per minute; The DDM was originally supposed to spin at 100,000 rpm.

I also note that the Mark II motor as fitted to UK DC30 & 31, spins at 104,000rpm.

CarmineD

Reply #106   Jun 28, 2009 9:14 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
hi carmine

first lets look at the facts...700-800$ for a dyson...are you kidding me...                                                                                                                                                                                      not even as a combo set w/ his newest upright...and at the moment there are 2 popular combo sets already on the market ,at about a 1/3 to 1/2 the price that dyson cant touch .....never could. ...be hard pressed to get WALLY WORLD to put one of these on the shelf and display it proudly with a ' smiley face rollback price card' at that price....or any bbx store at that.....i mean look what problems they [consumer] had when they try to take it back or had to deal with dysons 'no help line'..then sent to take it to a vacuum store that isnt a service center and doesnt want anything to do with a dyson...that has told dyson not to send us your customers...yet do it anyway...all these problems they got for the first 500$ bucks they spent...and now all the same problems are availiable at $800....might as well BEND OVER...cause sir james has a new vac out....because only a select few will buy...collectors ,bored housewives with money to blow..ect...most if not all who owned one before are/were pissed off at the money they wasted on the dyson they bought wont be back  and nobody we know  in the vac biz.. wants to be a dyson svc/center ...one BEND OVER SESSION was enough....alot of our newer customers..some old ones are dyson victims..now have a nice hi power vacuum..at an affordable price w/ excellent customer service...excellent warr....and when you call you get someone who really knows what they are talking about...and doesnt mind answering your questions....takes care of you because thats what you get when you buy from a vacuum store...SERVICE AFTER THE SALE..AND BEYOND...when you buy from us..your getting the best...thats what you get when im at work...if i dont have an answer for your question...ill get you one that day no matter what....$700-800 FOR A DYSON....at that price point its  A TRAIN WRECK ON ITS WAY TO HAPPENING. ..plain and simple.        i respect the man and his ideas...great inventor  a good man....but his products are not worth the money....all show and no go.

Hi 'turtle1'

The smaller, less powerful [230 a/w and 4,500 RPM for brush roll], and much more expensive dyson canister [aka DDM 22] is DOA. 

VDTA didn't even give it a tepid reception.  More like no reception at all.  So far, vacuum stores are doing the same.

BBS will not sell this model at $700-$800.  Too much for their sales venues.  Even at $500-$600, the DDM DC22 is a hardsell.

Dyson will have to pull a rabbit out of the hat on this one to spark sales.  Perhaps a lifetime warranty on the motor?

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 28, 2009 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #107   Jun 28, 2009 9:21 pm
Trilobite wrote:
Comparing the UK DC22 to the US DC22, I see that the US model has MORE suction power, 30 air Watts more.

This will be down to the US DC22 having the Mark I Digital motor  and it spinning faster.

However, I see that the US Mark I motor spins only at 88,000 revolutions per minute; The DDM was originally supposed to spin at 100,000 rpm.

I also note that the Mark II motor as fitted to UK DC30 & 31, spins at 104,000rpm.

Thanks Trilobite.  Not much suction power: 230 a/w US and 200 a/w UK. 

Motor RPM is probably not as important as brush roll RPM's.  On the DDM22 US only 4,500.  Even ORECK with a 4 amper

revolves its brush roll at 6500.  And for alot less $.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #108   Jun 28, 2009 9:43 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hi 'turtle1'

The smaller, less powerful [230 a/w and 4,500 RPM for brush roll], and much more expensive dyson canister [aka DDM 22] is DOA. 

VDTA didn't even give it a tepid reception.  More like no reception at all.  So far, vacuum stores are doing the same.

BBS will not sell this model at $700-$800.  Too much for their sales venues.  Even at $500-$600, the DDM DC22 is a hardsell.

Dyson will have to pull a rabbit out of the hat on this one to spark sales.  Perhaps a lifetime warranty on the motor?

Carmine D.

Carmine,

He already did...  although for some reason Dyson is not celebrating or marketing the DDM DC22 like it could/should.

The DDM DC22 (aka patented and exclusive only to Dyson) vacuum measures 10 (out of 10, Kirby-like) on the Baird meter and remains a 10 (no drop in suction, unlike a Kirby/or anyone) for 4, 5, 6, or 7 years.  No sack-N-choke filter/manufacturer comes close!  No other multi-cyclonic/manufacturer comes close!

Although you give much weight to the VDTA, the VDTA, not Dyson’s radical breakthroughs are DOA.  My guess is...   less than 1% of the U.S. population has ever heard of the VDTA and this is why it is not covered in the news (large or small).

DIB

Replies: 99 - 108 of 162Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42