Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Garry Ultra Light Upright Vacuum

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

Garry Ultra Light Upright Vacuum
Original Message   Jun 4, 2009 1:02 pm
New lightweight with OBT in town for $250 with free bags for life and zero cost maintenance warranty for life.  Anything goes wrong, a new vacuun is shipped to you.  

http://www.garryvac.com/

Taking a page from ORECK on the giveaways:  Free Steam Mop to keep if not satisfied with purchase and returned.

https://www.garryvacuum.com/order_form.html?country=CA

Comments?

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 4, 2009 by CarmineD
Replies: 87 - 96 of 96Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Venson

Re: Garry Ultra Light Upright Vacuum
Reply #87   Jan 6, 2010 7:49 am
vintagef1 wrote:
Oh boy , what a stupid thing buying a vac from a informercial ,this Garry Vac is a piece of junk I'm on my 2 nd one in a month and a half period . When I called customer service to ask where the return label is the "foreign " guy said right. when I said I have no label ? Long story short he hung up on me??? Called back and this time the rep was more curtious and had a head on her shoulders. I pay for the shipping this time it's on me to send the freaking vac back to Ca from North Carolina.

If it fails again it goes in the trash can .........period !

Hi vintagef1,

Garry buyers like most other shoppers are out to save and in that I can't fault them.  You live and you learn.  Matter of fact, maybe we should be thanking Garry for disproving -- "If it's on TV or in the newspapers, it must be true."  Garry's claims versus customer dissatisfaction serve as an object lesson.

TV and the internet -- maybe more so the internet as TV will be integrated into streaming media not too far down the line -- are major sources by which "peddlers" of just about anything may access to the public.  .

As for the Garry return policy, I strongly advise that owners first count up the  cleaner's original cost plus whatever they may have spent on "free" bag shipments and then decide. If your outlay has been small why bother beating a dead horse for something that doesn't work or last?

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #88   Jan 7, 2010 6:36 am
Severus wrote:
the Garry Ultra Light get's a mention on page 18 of the February 2010 edition of Consumer Reports.   It's a nice review article about products sold by infomercial. 
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

Read it.  The really good part is where CR says that the Garry is a lightweight in more ways than one . . .

Venson

SEVERUS, VENson:

Thanks.  Have and read the latest Consumer Reports and enjoyed the perspective. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jan 7, 2010 by CarmineD
vacmanuk

Reply #89   Jan 9, 2010 1:51 pm
The thing is guys, it doesn't matter what Oreck makes these days that is truly "theirs," and truly someone elses designs. Take their commercial upright for example, its based on Sebo's BS 36/46 series commercial uprights and Oreck haven't been the first to put their name on someone else's model - they have a cordless upright vac in the UK at the moment, mini looking thing that is also a corded model, Chinese built and seen on UK shopping network cable channels. It is also a design that Electrolux are currently using and at the end of the day where vacs are concerned, if they are made in China/PRC you can bet that despite it carrying a recognisable brand name you might know, it could well be put out to pasture by other brands. CR reports are one thing and they will reflect the actual usage of the model in question rather than what the brand represents. I notice that Oreck also have an upright steam cleaner in the US and in the UK it isn't carried by Oreck here, but rather Chinese company Home-Tek, a brand you guys may not have heard of in the U.S. Home-tek products do work but their quality for the most part leaves a lot to be desired. Last year I purchased their red "Light N Easy," bagged upright. It's so like an old Oreck XL I was surprised that they didn't copy the high filter bag factors. You can see the Hometek here: http://www.shopwiki.co.uk/_Light+%27n%27+Easy+Vacuum+Cleaner?o=335110086&s=395589&
CarmineD

Reply #90   Jan 10, 2010 7:01 am
vacmanuk wrote:
The thing is guys, it doesn't matter what Oreck makes these days that is truly "theirs," and truly someone elses designs. Take their commercial upright for example, its based on Sebo's BS 36/46 series commercial uprights and Oreck haven't been the first to put their name on someone else's model - they have a cordless upright vac in the UK at the moment, mini looking thing that is also a corded model, Chinese built and seen on UK shopping network cable channels. It is also a design that Electrolux are currently using and at the end of the day where vacs are concerned, if they are made in China/PRC you can bet that despite it carrying a recognisable brand name you might know, it could well be put out to pasture by other brands. CR reports are one thing and they will reflect the actual usage of the model in question rather than what the brand represents. I notice that Oreck also have an upright steam cleaner in the US and in the UK it isn't carried by Oreck here, but rather Chinese company Home-Tek, a brand you guys may not have heard of in the U.S. Home-tek products do work but their quality for the most part leaves a lot to be desired. Last year I purchased their red "Light N Easy," bagged upright. It's so like an old Oreck XL I was surprised that they didn't copy the high filter bag factors. You can see the Hometek here: http://www.shopwiki.co.uk/_Light+%27n%27+Easy+Vacuum+Cleaner?o=335110086&s=395589&

Vacmanuk:

What is the quintessential ORECK icon/standard is its lightweight upright.  It is ORECK.  It has identified ORECK in the vacuum industry for almost 50 years.  By association, anthing with the ORECK name, like the halo UVC upright, has the ORECK identity.  That is priceless.

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #91   Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
Ah. A bit like Ford's legendary safety record with the Ford PINTO.
CarmineD

Reply #92   Jan 10, 2010 8:59 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Ah. A bit like Ford's legendary safety record with the Ford PINTO.

Only if FORD Pinto were a vacuum and not a car and then with a huge caveat.  Tho FORD Pinto had a long, storied and staried production and sales record it is not even close to ORECK's lightweight upright which, after almost 50 years, is still going strong.

Carmine D.

Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #93   Jan 11, 2010 12:35 am
vacmanuk wrote:

I've also noticed Sanitaire and other vacuums being relabeled as Orecks.  What Oreck, at least in the US, can sell is service after the sale.    David Oreck is a master salesman.   

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
CarmineD

Reply #94   Jan 11, 2010 6:45 am
Severus wrote:
I've also noticed Sanitaire and other vacuums being relabeled as Orecks.  What Oreck, at least in the US, can sell is service after the sale.    David Oreck is a master salesman.   

SEVERUS:

David has passed the reigns of ORECK spokesperson over to his daughter in law Judy Oreck.  She is no David.  He is an industry icon.

Carmine D. 

HARDSELL

Reply #95   Jan 11, 2010 8:21 am
CarmineD wrote:
SEVERUS:

David has passed the reigns of ORECK spokesperson over to his daughter in law Judy Oreck.  She is no David.  He is an industry con.

Carmine D. 

artist ???
This message was modified Jan 11, 2010 by HARDSELL
CarmineD

Reply #96   Jan 11, 2010 8:35 am
HARDSELL wrote:
artist ???

HS:

In the case of David Oreck and all faces and/or names that are integrally associated with their business reputations and products there is a huge divide between integrity and con artistry.  The divide is years and years of reputable business sales and service.   The chasm is so wide there is no connection.  Like Lazarus in hell and the triumphant souls in heaven, never the twain shall meet.  Of course, for one like you to comprehend this notion of icon integrity, you have to know and follow the rules that govern the "right" side of the divide [read thruthful].   I suggest once again, if you haven't already, that you start by reading Jon Huntsman's book: Winners never cheat. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jan 11, 2010 by CarmineD
Replies: 87 - 96 of 96Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42