Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson Canada's sister [pet] site - "DysonAnimal.ca". Nicly done!

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Dyson Canada's sister [pet] site - "DysonAnimal.ca". Nicly done!
Original Message   May 20, 2009 7:35 pm

click picture
This message was modified May 20, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 1 - 10 of 51NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Dyson Canada's sister [pet] site - "DysonAnimal.ca". Nicly done!
Reply #1   May 21, 2009 7:06 am
Cute, but hardly original.  EUREKA [Electrolux Home Care] has been using "Pet" for some time in association with its vacuums.  In fact, EUREKA has an entire vacuum line so named: Pet.  EUREKA uses the caricatures of pets on the dirt bins for these models and also real pets [cat and dog] on the Web Site.  Here's the site FYI:

http://www.eureka.com/index.php?option=com_needstates&view=needstates&from=mainmenu&task=getproductsbyneedstate&needstateid=6

Carmine D.

This message was modified May 21, 2009 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #2   May 21, 2009 3:01 pm
Dyson out-smarts, out-invents, gets-there-first, more often than his competitors.  Electrolux (vacuums) is asleep at the wheel in terms of inventiveness and creativity (the big stuff that matters) as are Dyson's many other competitors.  Dates settle who was where first and who is copying whom.  While Electrolux may of “been there first” with a single and unimaginative web page, Dyson committed more time, thought and money targeting the very large pet segment with a large web site.  As far as the retail experience and messaging goes...  Dyson led this segment from what I can determine.  And I believe Eureka is pathetically copying the purple Animal vacuums with their purple Pet vacuums.  Dyson put much more thought into his name...  Animal, which is a ambiguous name (cleans Animal messes and attacks messes like an Animal).  Pet is a weak name compared to being an Animal or attacking like an Animal or cleaning after the Animals... pets and children and rambunctious boys and husbands.

I can just imagine...  a big mess is made (pets, children, husbands, construction, filth, etc) and what sounds like the most powerful vac for a messy, dirty, job...  The Animal or The Pet Pal?  If the ancient Eureka/Electrolux were not slumbering they could of had the U.S. monopoly (Trademark) Animal long before Sir James.

Dyson trademarked the Animal almost 5 and 7 years before Eureka/Electrolux awoke from it’s slumber.

Dyson > Animal™ Filing Date, November 26, 2002
http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4006:3h2vrj.9.63

Eureka/Electrolux > Pet Fresh™ Filing Date, August 22, 2007
http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4006:3h2vrj.6.6

Eureka/Electrolux > Pet Pal™ Filing Date, January 15, 2009
http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4006:3h2vrj.7.18
This message was modified May 21, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #3   May 21, 2009 4:12 pm
Hello DIB:

Our 2 and 4 legged furry friends [aka pets] make us better human beings.  Animals live in jungles.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #4   May 22, 2009 10:30 am
Hi Carmine,

$700.00 or less is all it takes to purchase a trademark.  More proof these ancient manufactures are asleep at the wheel.  All good for Sir James and his employees, not good for the ancients, their employees and/or stockholders.

What’s more confusing?  Trademarked names/messaging below...
Dyson:  Animal™
or
Eureka:  Boss® 4D Pet Fresh™, Smartvac™ Pet Lover, Capture+™ Pet Lover,  Capture™ Pet Lover, Optima® Pet Lover, Pet Lover, Pet Pal™

I could not resist.   Eureka’s marketing suits... are they genius or goofs?

DIB
This message was modified May 22, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #5   May 22, 2009 12:54 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Hi Carmine,

I could not resist.   Eureka’s marketing suits... are they genius or goofs?

DIB

Hiya DIB:

You admit that your favorite brand's founder Sir James resorts to Pet  pictures in ads to pitch its vacuums,  he can't be a goof.  Can he?

Carmine D. 

Model2

~ It Beats...as it Sweeps...as it Cleans ~

Reply #6   May 25, 2009 11:26 am
General Electric 'resorted' to pitching their Model 111 upright at pet-owners back in 1933...

~ However Clean - Hoover Cleaner ~
DysonInventsBig

Reply #7   May 25, 2009 12:04 pm
Hi Model2,

Can you share any old (mfg) pet ad picture[s].  It would be fun to see.  Thanks.        DIB

Model2

~ It Beats...as it Sweeps...as it Cleans ~

Reply #8   May 25, 2009 12:12 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Hi Model2,<BR><BR>Can you share any old (mfg) pet ad picture[s].  It would be fun to see.  Thanks.        DIB

Hi DIB - here's the relevant section of the 1933 General Electric ad I mentioned above, the first one which sprang to mind. I'll check through the rest of my stuff and see what else I can come up with.

~ However Clean - Hoover Cleaner ~
Venson

Reply #9   May 25, 2009 1:35 pm
Hi Model2,

A very nice ad. Thanks.

I have not seen many like it until recent times. Back in the day, the individual vacuum manufacturer usually claimed, or left the consumer to believe, that its brand was a universal problem solver that could clean up anything. As well, vacuums basically started out as luxury items that many households could only afford one of. The best way to sell was to convince the buyer it could do everything except the dishes. I guess that's why Kirby, Filter Queen, Electrolux came up with so many attachment options.

Venson
DysonInventsBig

Reply #10   May 25, 2009 1:46 pm
Model2,

I like it!  Thank you very much.         DIB

Replies: 1 - 10 of 51NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42