Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
iMacDaddy

Electrolux UltraOne EL7070, Bissell BigGreen Deep Cleaning Machine

Dyson DC22
Original Message   Oct 30, 2007 9:38 am
The Dyson DC22 canister was very recently introduced in Japan. I have heard that this will make it to the US market in order to expand their canister range.

Key Features:

-Root Cyclone with Core Separation
-Dyson Digital Motor
-Stowaway Design
-Motorhead
-Pre filter rinse once every seven years

This message was modified Oct 31, 2007 by iMacDaddy
Replies: 85 - 94 of 162Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Venson

Re: Dyson DC22
Reply #85   May 11, 2009 4:26 pm
Hi,

It's about 4:15 p.m. and I just did a tour of duty at my local BestBuy and Costco. Nothing much is going on. The Dysons of the day at BestBuy remain the two "$#%*" and one clutchless model, DC14 I believe of which they have six or eight boxes each. A few other Dysons, one can and some uprights are being sold as "open box" items for $199 each. This is a joke of course because all of the cleaners have been used and left dirty. (Look like vacuums used for cleaning the store.) The two Platinum uprights are still at the back of the line and not in plain view.

Costco is showing little, as usual, and the "stars" of the day -- the self-propelled Hoover (still $189)and its bagless line partner ($128 approx.)-- are about it.

Best,

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #86   May 11, 2009 4:35 pm
Hi Venson:

In the current economic malaise, high priced vacuums are an afterthought by most big box retailers and shoppers.

The BEST BUY open box items usually get marked down weekly if they don't sell.  Good time/way to pick up a $500

MSRP vacuum for $50, as is.  Got my eye on a few at my local BEST BUY.  Great for donations and gifts.

Carmine D.

Acerone

Reply #87   May 15, 2009 10:51 am
As someone has already reported... The DC22 has been removed from Dyson.com website...
Acerone

Reply #88   Jun 26, 2009 11:39 am
It's now back on the website along with the Animal model...
CarmineD

Reply #89   Jun 26, 2009 1:39 pm
Acerone wrote:
It's now back on the website along with the Animal model...

Thanks Ace. 

Anyone know the reason that the air watts on dyson's DC23 is 220 for USA model and 251 [constant] for UK model? 

Recently I noted dyson's DC19 T2 on the UK cite was 280 air watts.  DC22 for USA shows 230 air watts. 

DC11 was 275 air watts. 

Very confusing air watt numbers for these dyson canister models.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 26, 2009 by CarmineD
Trilobite

Reply #90   Jun 26, 2009 2:13 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Thanks Ace. 

Anyone know the reason that the air watts on dyson's DC23 is 220 for USA model and 251 [constant] for UK model? 

Recently I noted dyson's DC19 T2 on the UK cite was 280 air watts.  DC22 for USA shows 230 air watts. 

DC11 was 275 air watts. 

Very confusing air watt numbers for these dyson canister models.

Carmine D.

Agreed.

More so when I'm sure I read years ago, that the 'all singing, all dancing' Dyson Digital Motor was supposed to generate one third MORE suction power than existing motors. Clearly the motor is incapable of such a feat, for if it had, the US DC22 would surely be around the 300 air Watts mark.

CarmineD

Reply #91   Jun 27, 2009 8:07 am
Trilobite wrote:
Agreed.

More so when I'm sure I read years ago, that the 'all singing, all dancing' Dyson Digital Motor was supposed to generate one third MORE suction power than existing motors. Clearly the motor is incapable of such a feat, for if it had, the US DC22 would surely be around the 300 air Watts mark.

The dyson claim appears to have evolved to mean energy efficiency [as in less power usage?] as opposed to air watts [suction power]?  I have to wonder if the dyson digital motor will be to the vacuum industry what the Chevy Vega aluminum block engine was to the automobile industry.  A nice try but no cigar.

Carmine D.

The Dyson digital motor

“It’s incredible that electric motors have changed so little since they were first invented, 180 years ago.

Dyson engineers have done away with outdated, energy-hungry components. Ten years in the making, our digital motors are faster, more power-efficient and much cleaner.”

James Dyson<br /> Inventor of Cyclone technology

retardturtle1

Reply #92   Jun 27, 2009 8:42 am
CarmineD wrote:
The dyson claim appears to have evolved to mean energy efficiency [as in less power usage?] as opposed to air watts [suction power]?  I have to wonder if the dyson digital motor will be to the vacuum industry what the Chevy Vega aluminum block engine was to the automobile industry.  A nice try but no cigar.

Carmine D.

The Dyson digital motor

“It’s incredible that electric motors have changed so little since they were first invented, 180 years ago.

Dyson engineers have done away with outdated, energy-hungry components. Ten years in the making, our digital motors are faster, more power-efficient and much cleaner.”

James Dyson<br /> Inventor of Cyclone technology

in reality who really cares about  a power efficient vacuum ....as long as it has great power ..suction. ..high quality hepa filtering , decent noise level..package that and the public will take it, buy it ...reguardless of the amount of energy it uses, the vast majority of the people want pure power...a vacuum that does what its supposed to do....at a decent price......example-a  90$  HOOVER TEMPO will hang with or out do any DYSON ..all day long..everytime.
CarmineD

Reply #93   Jun 27, 2009 9:00 am
retardturtle1 wrote:
in reality who really cares about  a power efficient vacuum ....as long as it has great power ..suction. ..high quality hepa filtering , decent noise level..package that and the public will take it, buy it ...reguardless of the amount of energy it uses, the vast majority of the people want pure power...a vacuum that does what its supposed to do....at a decent price......example-a  90$  HOOVER TEMPO will hang with or out do any DYSON ..all day long..everytime.

Hi "turtle1"

Conspicuously absent from the latest dyson claim about its digital motor is comparable suction power to the traditional industry armature/brush motor.  

To truly be worthy of the premium price paid, dyson's motor claim has to include this equality not just in words but in actions. 

Vacuum consumers will sacrifice energy efficiency and cleaner exhaust for more suction power at a lower price.  

This appears true for vehicles too.  Hybrids are generally viewed as not worth the premium over gas cars.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 27, 2009 by CarmineD
retardturtle1

Reply #94   Jun 27, 2009 4:14 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hi "turtle1"

Conspicuously absent from the latest dyson claim about its digital motor is comparable suction power to the traditional industry armature/brush motor.  

To truly be worthy of the premium price paid, dyson's motor claim has to include this equality not just in words but in actions. 

Vacuum consumers will sacrifice energy efficiency and cleaner exhaust for more suction power at a lower price.  

This appears true for vehicles too.  Hybrids are generally viewed as not worth the premium over gas cars.

Carmine D.

power sells....and from all the hype i among many others thought  or were led to believe by sir james that this was to be the untouchable motor...power far beyond the norm.....10 years and a 90$ tempo shows you how its done....just a little dirtier...soon the comp will take this motor..study it and make it a true powerhouse....thats what has worked for the imports...take it and make it better..the only difference here is dyson foots the bill....and someone else makes it what it should have been in the first place....and then sell it in a unit @ a 1/4 of the price of a dyson......kinda like now.
Replies: 85 - 94 of 162Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42