Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > The all new Dyson DC26 "Japan"

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Acerone

The all new Dyson DC26 "Japan"
Original Message   Mar 13, 2009 5:05 pm
Dyson Japan

This message was modified Mar 14, 2009 by Acerone
Replies: 19 - 28 of 159Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
mole

Re: The all new Dyson DC26 "Japan"
Reply #19   Mar 14, 2009 5:54 pm
So how do the japanese feel about vacuum cleaners made with parts from china???

MOLE

This message was modified Mar 14, 2009 by mole
CarmineD

Reply #20   Mar 14, 2009 8:03 pm
Model2 wrote:
A fond hope, I'm sure - where are the figures to back up this claim? 

Try standing on an English street and finding 5 people who know what an Oreck is, let alone who David Oreck is! James Dyson and his creations, on the other hand, are never out of the media - print, television, even radio!

The facts and figures are that your fave brand exports 2/3 of its total vacuums to the USA market.  In the USA, Dave ORECK is the most recognized face in the vacuum industry.  That is a given and well known fact here in the US vacuum industry.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #21   Mar 14, 2009 8:13 pm
mole wrote:
So how do the japanese feel about vacuum cleaners made with parts from china???<p>MOLE

Actually it has to be looked at the other way round MOLE. It is my understanding that the Japanese were kind of mean to the Chinese during World War II. Then again, even though Japan lost the war, it made a phenomenal comeback financially. The whole world went "Sony" and "Honda" and lots of folks went off smiling as they toted our dollars to the bank.

It's all a case of -- "He who laughs last, laughs best." I only hope everybody's friends again.

Venson
Model2

~ It Beats...as it Sweeps...as it Cleans ~

Reply #22   Mar 14, 2009 8:35 pm
CarmineD wrote:
The facts and figures are that your fave brand exports 2/3 of its total vacuums to the USA market.  In the USA, Dave ORECK is the most recognized face in the vacuum industry.  That is a given and well known fact here in the US vacuum industry.

Carmine D.

My 'fave brand' is Hoover, as was. Yes, I like Dyson. I don't love them, I don't hate them. I don't sell them, and I'm not a company employee, so I have no reason or motive to deceive anyone over figures of any kind. If the US market demand is for 2/3rds of the total production output, surely that speaks for itself.

Are you familiar with Facebook? There's a great group on there called 'I love my Dyson!', with over 700 members. There is also 'I love my Dyson Vacuum' (202 members), 'Dyson Vacuum Gang' (119 members), 'I'd rather own a Dyson' (112 members), 'Dyson Kicks Ass' (33 members), 'Dyson Vacuum Cleaners are Better than Henry Vacuum Cleaners (32 members), 'James Dyson is my Hero' (31 members), 'Dysoning Fans and Addicts' (20 members)...plus several more I can't be bothered to transcribe right now!

I can't find a similar group for the appreciation of Oreck's machines, but there is a group called 'I wish David Oreck was my Grandpa' (84 members). 

Is Oreck failing to catch the imagination of the younger, future generation vacuum-buyers in the same way Dyson is?

~ However Clean - Hoover Cleaner ~
CarmineD

Reply #23   Mar 14, 2009 9:19 pm
Model2 wrote:
 If the US market demand is for 2/3rds of the total production output, surely that speaks for itself.

Facts and figures again!  Depends on the total universe.  If you don't know that number [total universe], nothing speaks for itself.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #24   Mar 14, 2009 9:22 pm
Model2 wrote:

Are you familiar with Facebook? There's a great group on there called 'I love my Dyson!', with over 700 members. There is also 'I love my Dyson Vacuum' (202 members), 'Dyson Vacuum Gang' (119 members), 'I'd rather own a Dyson' (112 members), 'Dyson Kicks Ass' (33 members), 'Dyson Vacuum Cleaners are Better than Henry Vacuum Cleaners (32 members), 'James Dyson is my Hero' (31 members), 'Dysoning Fans and Addicts' (20 members)...plus several more I can't be bothered to transcribe right now!

Facts and figures again.  About 20 MILLION new vacuums are sold in the USA every year and have been since about 2000.   1000 internet users who speak up dyson on a regular basis is not even a good niche market.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #25   Mar 14, 2009 9:24 pm
Model2 wrote:

Is Oreck failing to catch the imagination of the younger, future generation vacuum-buyers in the same way Dyson is?

It's not their imagination he has to capture, it's their money.  Since ORECK's been in business in the USA for over 45 years, he's doing it!

Carmine D.

Model2

Reply #26   Mar 14, 2009 9:41 pm
CarmineD wrote:
It's not their imagination he has to capture, it's their money.  Since ORECK's been in business in the USA for over 45 years, he's doing it!

Carmine D.

And how do persuade them to hand you their money? By selling them a product. And how do you sell them a product? By creating purchase incentive. And how do you create purchase incentive? By capturing potential buyer's imaginations.
This message was modified Mar 14, 2009 by Model2

Model2

Reply #27   Mar 14, 2009 9:43 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Facts and figures again!  Depends on the total universe.  If you don't know that number [total universe], nothing speaks for itself.

Carmine D.

You introduced that figure, not me! You can use it to support your claims, but I can't - is that what you're saying?

CarmineD

Reply #28   Mar 14, 2009 9:45 pm
Model2 wrote:
And how do persuade them to hand you their money? By selling them a product. And how do you sell them a product? By creating purchase incentive. And how do you create purchase incentive? By capturing potential buyer's imaginations.

That's just part of it.  Being homegrown, with consistent praise from the leading consumer magazine, the first in lightweights, and having 45 years of experience with a network of 500 stores counts more.

Carmine D.

Replies: 19 - 28 of 159Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42