Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > The DC27 - to replace the DC07 & DC14. Say good-bye to the [on some carpet types] temperamental clutch.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

The DC27 - to replace the DC07 & DC14. Say good-bye to the [on some carpet types] temperamental clutch.
Original Message   Mar 12, 2009 4:11 pm
It's true, no more clutch.  It uses a brushroll motor.
This message was modified Jun 24, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 168 - 177 of 177Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: The DC27 - to replace the DC07 & DC14. Say good-bye to the [on some carpet types] temperamental clutch.
Reply #168   Aug 4, 2009 8:55 am
Let me say this for you  v-e-r-y  s-l-o-w-l-y  so you understand.  I shop and buy at the store/retailer/business which has what it is I'm looking for and at the best price AND the best customer satisfaction in the past.  As I said, I am not a big fan of W*M stores but I respect and admire its business acuman. 

In the past year I've purchased vacuums and electronics at BEST BUY stores and COSTCO stores.  The last purchase I made from W*M was the same as the purchase I made before it:  bulbs for my house light fixtures.  W*M carries the style and brand I need.  Not a huge sale, less than 10 bucks.  If you like I'll itemize all the purchases for you.

Which BTW has nothing to do with the expensive clutch repairs which are problematic on dysons that run $100-$135 top repair and generally are the root cause for them being traded, junked, and left unclaimed.  Opps there goes another recycled/refurbed dyson.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Re: The DC27 - to replace the DC07 & DC14. Say good-bye to the [on some carpet types] temperamental clutch.
Reply #169   Aug 4, 2009 9:20 am
CarmineD wrote:
Let me say this for you  v-e-r-y  s-l-o-w-l-y  so you understand.  I shop and buy at the store/retailer/business which has what it is I'm looking for and at the best price AND the best customer satisfaction in the past.  As I said, I am not a big fan of W*M stores but I respect and admire its business acuman. 

In the past year I've purchased vacuums and electronics at BEST BUY stores and COSTCO stores.  The last purchase I made from W*M was the same as the purchase I made before it:  bulbs for my house light fixtures.  W*M carries the style and brand I need.  Not a huge sale, less than 10 bucks.  If you like I'll itemize all the purchases for you.

Which BTW has nothing to do with the expensive clutch repairs which are problematic on dysons that run $100-$135 top repair and generally are the root cause for them being traded, junked, and left unclaimed.  Opps there goes another recycled/refurbed dyson.

Carmine D.

Like I said earlier.  You brought up the subject.  I only responded.

CarmineD

Reply #170   Aug 4, 2009 1:31 pm
I brought up the subjects that dyson vacuums are selling like bottles of Jim Beam bourbon to Mormons at the Temple in Salt Lake City.  And the $100-$135 repair bills for faulty dyson clutches prevent owners from repairing them and intead trading/junking.  While the latest ball dyson DC24/25 ball models are the worse sellers of all dyson vacuums and the DC25 has an inherent defect in the motor wiring harness.  So bad is the problem that makes the vacuum stop running after a few months of use.  At least one dyson dealer in Las Vegas refuses to sell a DC25 for this reason.  I opine that the dyson ball models will go the same way as the dyson ball barrow.  Oblivion.  Now say again what exactly was your responses? 

Carmine D. 

CarmineD

Reply #171   Sep 18, 2009 3:34 pm
Sam's Club and dyson now bundle a DC27 with a DC16 for dual purchase.  Buy a DC27 for $479 and get  a DC16 free.  Hoping to spark a year's worth of lackluster sales at the chain for a dyson model which looks like a DC17 with a makeover.   

The predominant vacuum sellers at Sam's are EUREKA's for $150 and less.  Dyson is a fish out of water on the shelves. 

Carmine D.

Acerone

Reply #172   Sep 19, 2009 2:52 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Sam's Club and dyson now bundle a DC27 with a DC16 for dual purchase.  Buy a DC27 for $479 and get  a DC16 free.  Hoping to spark a year's worth of lackluster sales at the chain for a dyson model which looks like a DC17 with a makeover.    </p><p>The predominant vacuum sellers at Sam's are EUREKA's for $150 and less.  Dyson is a fish out of water on the shelves.  </p><p>Carmine D.

Best Buy had a deal like this before....
FWIW: I noticed that Costco.com no longer has Dyson vacuums on there website...
Venson

Reply #173   Sep 19, 2009 3:11 pm
Acerone wrote:
Best Buy had a deal like this before....<BR>FWIW: I noticed that Costco.com no longer has Dyson vacuums on there website...

Hi Acerone,

Despite its failure to appear online Costco is carrying the Dyson DC17 in my local store for above $400. However a new addition to the roster, online and off, appears to be the bagged Hoover Wind Tunnel 2. It sells for $199 with a $30 rebate and a two-year supply of bags.

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #174   Sep 19, 2009 3:12 pm
Acerone wrote:
Best Buy had a deal like this before....
FWIW: I noticed that Costco.com no longer has Dyson vacuums on there website...

Right on both accounts Acerone.  In fact dyson and other retailers have offered and may still a free DC16 with the purchase of any dyson.  Wonder if that works for the DC16.  Buy get one free? Two for the price of one?

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #175   Sep 21, 2009 5:01 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi Acerone,

Despite its failure to appear online Costco is carrying the Dyson DC17 in my local store for above $400. However a new addition to the roster, online and off, appears to be the bagged Hoover Wind Tunnel 2. It sells for $199 with a $30 rebate and a two-year supply of bags.

Venson

Hello Venson:

Ditto that for the local COSTCO store in N. Las Vegas plus a few full pallets of a DC14 Cyclonic for $329 before other discounts. 

Carmine D.

Vacuumfreeeke

Reply #176   Sep 21, 2009 7:08 pm
I replaced the clutch on my DC14 and it wasn't too bad.  Only because there's a youtube video showing exactly how to do it... the new clutch even came with the tools to change the belt and on of them is good for changing belts on other vacuums too (a hook with a "T" shaped handle).  I don't notice any better pick up, but the machine sure sounds lot better.  Though I must admit 40 dollars is an expensive "belt" replacement!
CarmineD

Reply #177   Sep 22, 2009 6:43 am
Vacuumfreeeke wrote:
I replaced the clutch on my DC14 and it wasn't too bad.  Only because there's a youtube video showing exactly how to do it... the new clutch even came with the tools to change the belt and on of them is good for changing belts on other vacuums too (a hook with a "T" shaped handle).  I don't notice any better pick up, but the machine sure sounds lot better.  Though I must admit 40 dollars is an expensive "belt" replacement!

Hello Vacuumfreeeke:

Congrats on two accounts.  First, you accomplished a difficult dyson repair for $40 rather than $90-$150.  Tho you may have wanted to replace the brush roll too for an extra $30-35.  A new brush roll may improve the pick up.  Second, you debunked the longstanding dyson claim/myth: lifetime belts never need replacing. 

Ironically, if a customer purchased a DC14 with a 5 year limited warranty and needed a belt/brush even under the warranty, he/she would have to pay for these repairs.  Why?  Considered normal wear and tear not defective.  Also ironic, Consumer Reports does not count belt replacements in reliability survey data.  Why?  Belt replacements are considered a user task and too inexpensive to count.  CR should rethink the reliability survey if it reads your post here and wants to better report on dyson repair data.

Finally, there is no wonder for the reason dyson abandoned the gawdawful noisey unneeded clutch.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Sep 22, 2009 by CarmineD
Replies: 168 - 177 of 177Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42