Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Importance of emptying Dyson bin on time

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
bucks03

Importance of emptying Dyson bin on time
Original Message   Mar 8, 2009 1:22 pm
Hi All,

I have always wondered, why is it so important to empty Dyson when the dirt reaches the Max line?  If the machine does't have any loss of suction then surely this won't harm it at all.  I have had Dysons since 1999 and most of the time always go over the max line without any problems.

My DC04 which is 7rs old always gets the dirt going over the mark line and I continue to use it until I can be bothered to empty it,  this has not caused any problems with it.

Occasionally I have had the odd long bit of hair go onto the Pre motor filter but this happens even if the machine isn't full.   Had this quite bad on the DC05 cylinder which would have literally chunks of hair on the pre motor filter by the time it came to emptying it.

Replies: 11 - 20 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
mole

Re: Importance of emptying Dyson bin on time
Reply #11   Mar 10, 2009 11:25 am
CarmineD wrote:
Excellent idea.  Same cleaning technique performed by many users for Rainbows' separators.

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine, you hit the nail on the head with this. It all sounds well and good but in real life this is the biggist problems with rainbows and bagless machines in general.

MOLE

DysonInventsBig

Reply #12   Mar 10, 2009 2:42 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Bucks03,

No Loss of Suction is based on advertising and testing standards, not mechanics. 

DIB

CarmineD wrote:
It's a false claim which cannot be proved mechanically and scientifically.

Carmine D. 

Carmine,
Knock-off-manufacturing amongst others stole Dyson’s concise market phrase “No Loss Of Suction” and use it freely in their marketing.  Can you explain why Red is legal/can advertise such claims and Dyson is not legal/cannot or should not advertise such *claims.

Dyson and his team put in the work, Red’s getting a free ride (again).

DIB

*Claims resulting from his/his teams discoveries, science and inventions.
This message was modified Mar 10, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #13   Mar 10, 2009 3:17 pm
Any vacuum brand/model can make the statement "NO LOSS OF SUCTION" regarding a particular brand model if accompanied by a test as proof.  Presuming the test can provide the proof.  If science and mechanics offered the proof for a disingenuous and misleading claim, which they don't, a test[s] for proof would not be necessary to accompany the statement. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Mar 10, 2009 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #14   Mar 11, 2009 7:44 am
mole wrote:
Hi Carmine, you hit the nail on the head with this. It all sounds well and good but in real life this is the biggist problems with rainbows and bagless machines in general.

MOLE

Severus wrote:

Hardsell,

I'm a little confused.  lazaruspup DID FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS.  He cleaned the filters regularly.  He said that the obstruction came from dirt build up in the cyclones. It sounds like Dyson needs to be designed so that the cyclone assembly can go through the dishwasher once a year or so.  It's kind of like the cholesterol in your arteries building up and reducing flow. 

Hi MOLE:

It was not me.  More Severus and Lazaruspup.  This is the crux of the dyson cyclone vacuum dilemma.  How is it that consumers can follow the dyson filter and bin maintenence schedules and still have clogging problems?  Does the increased filter maintenance schedule for the new dysons really address the heart of the matter?  While dyson and its followers maintain its all user neglect?  Severus is confused.  And rightly so.  So am I and others in the biz who are encountering dyson consumers who are angry!

Carmine D.

This message was modified Mar 11, 2009 by CarmineD
mole

Reply #15   Mar 11, 2009 9:10 am
Hi Carmine, as stated over 3 years ago, the high speed cyclones get blocked,the suction goes away after a little while,the machine runs hot or overheats,the plastic parts melt from distortion, the dirt gets by the pre motor filter .

Do i have to go on? And the public still buys this piece of junk.

MOLE

lazaruspup

Reply #16   Mar 11, 2009 10:55 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hi MOLE:</p><p>It was not me.  More Severus and Lazaruspup.  This is the crux of the dyson cyclone vacuum dilemma.  How is it that consumers can follow the dyson filter and bin maintenence schedules and still have clogging problems?  Does the increased filter maintenance schedule for the new dysons really address the heart of the matter?  While dyson and its followers maintain its all user neglect?  Severus is confused.  And rightly so.  So am I and others in the biz who are encountering dyson consumers who are angry!</p><p>Carmine D.

OK, speaking of bin maintenance, I still have a DC07 that my mom is using. For kicks and giggles, I called Dyson last night and asked them what I should do about the separator being plugged(its not right now, but I wanted the official line). The young lady asked how bad, to which I replied about 2/3. She stated that I should go buy a can of compressed air or use an air compressor nozzle to blow it all out of there. I asked if I could wash it(you obviously can) and she replied with an astounding NO! She said that instantly voids the warranty. Compressed air only.... interesting and beyond FILTHY!. I can't imagine blowing all that crap out of there.
DysonInventsBig

Reply #17   Mar 11, 2009 5:36 pm
I have not found soaking and rinsing (cleaning) the DC14-styled cyclonic's complicated, it’s about a 5 minute job.  Has any vacuum-types [posters] here found cleaning/rinsing this configuration a challenge?

DIB

CarmineD

Reply #18   Mar 11, 2009 7:11 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
I have not found soaking and rinsing (cleaning) the DC14-styled cyclonic's complicated, it’s about a 5 minute job.  Has any vacuum-types [posters] here found cleaning/rinsing this configuration a challenge?

DIB

Makes the latest bag advancements and technology including bag replacement healthier, quicker, more sanitary and odorless compared to daily bagless cyclonic bin dumping, bimonthly filter maintenance and spare filter costs, and regular shroud/cyclones/separator maintenance especially for fine dust buildup and pet dander.  Over 75 million US households have at least one 4 legged furry friend living in the home. 

Carmine D.

bucks03

Reply #19   Mar 13, 2009 7:04 pm
The only problem I have with Dyson cyclone on my DC04 vacuum cleaner is at the bottom of the cone.  The dust and hair builds up there so when I empty my machine I have to pull this hair and fluff off the 'stopper'.  This machine was not sold in the USA so I don't know if anyone here will know what I am talking about.  The DC04 has just one downward facing cone.  The machine has a Dual Cyclone as opposed to the Root Cyclone models.

My DC04 is completely full up now, I have used it 3 times this week without a problem,  I need to get round to emptying it tomorrow aas its getting heavyier now with the 4 litres of dirt inside of it.

bucks03

Reply #20   Mar 13, 2009 7:09 pm
The Dyson DC04 Cyclone and the point of the cyclone the end that gets the hair and fluff built up on it. (on the left)  (Not in this pic)
Replies: 11 - 20 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42