Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vkRH-AUVdo

~ However Clean - Hoover Cleaner ~
Replies: 6 - 15 of 15Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: NEW Dyson Ball Ad...March 2009
Reply #6   Mar 3, 2009 3:56 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Model2,

Dyson television adverts in the past were huge here.  I have seen this recent commercial 3 or 4 times in the last month.  I first saw the commercial on this years season premiere of American Idol (which has a enormous audience).

Ask folks in the past if they know of the Dyson vacuum, they typically would say “the inventor guy and his vacuum cleaner” or “a vacuum cleaner that does not clog”.  Ask folks today of the Dyson vacuum and they will say “the vacuum that uses a Ball” or “the easy to steer vacuum”.  His much free press, his commercials/marketing and ball brand (the "look") are all working.

DIB

Ultimately, it's not what the ad makes people say thay counts.  It's what the ad makes people do!  How?  With sales.  You're only as good as your latest sales numbers. 

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #7   Mar 3, 2009 4:15 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Model2,

Dyson television adverts in the past were huge here.  I have seen this recent commercial 3 or 4 times in the last month.  I first saw the commercial on this years season premiere of American Idol (which has a enormous audience).

Ask folks in the past if they know of the Dyson vacuum, they typically would say “the inventor guy and his vacuum cleaner” or “a vacuum cleaner that does not clog”.  Ask folks today of the Dyson vacuum and they will say “the vacuum that uses a Ball” or “the easy to steer vacuum”.  His much free press, his commercials/marketing and ball brand (the "look") are all working.

DIB

CarmineD wrote:
Ultimately, it's not what the ad makes people say thay counts.  It's what the ad makes people do!  How?  With sales.  You're only as good as your latest sales numbers. 

Carmine D.

Carmine,

Target online rates the DC24 as their biggest Dyson seller. Like I keep saying...  the industry is asleep, and so gives Dyson license to print money.

DIB

CarmineD

Reply #8   Mar 3, 2009 5:38 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine,

Target online rates the DC24 as their biggest Dyson seller. Like I keep saying...  the industry is asleep, and so gives Dyson license to print money.

DIB

"Biggest seller" as compared to what?  Numbers please.

Carmine D. 

DysonInventsBig

Reply #9   Mar 3, 2009 6:07 pm
CarmineD wrote:
"Biggest seller" as compared to what?  Numbers please.

Carmine D. 

What?  Biggest selling or most popular within the Dyson/Target line-up is confusing?

The DC24 is a legitimate invention and an answer to an old and overlooked problem...  [enough] people want the chore of vacuuming to be made easier.  Dyson simply invented and produced something people wanted, while his competition slept.

DIB
This message was modified Mar 3, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #10   Mar 3, 2009 6:42 pm
I'm sure a vacuum on top of a ball appeals to many, even if not me.  But the proof of how many it appeals to is in the numbers.  What are the sales figures for dyson's DC24 ball models?  That speaks volumes more than words.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #11   Mar 3, 2009 7:27 pm
CarmineD wrote:
I'm sure a vacuum on top of a ball appeals to many, even if not me.  But the proof of how many it appeals to is in the numbers.  What are the sales figures for dyson's DC24 ball models?  That speaks volumes more than words.

Carmine D.

DIB, please do not pull a number out of your rear like some would.

Does it matter how many are sold?  Fact is it can still be a #1 seller with no numbers quoted.

CarmineD

Reply #12   Mar 4, 2009 6:49 am
Number 1 seller where?  By whom?  Be specific, please, if you can't/won't provide the numbers.  TARGET Web Site doesn't say so.  DC24 is $399 and rated 3.5 stars out of 5 by 17 reviewers.  That's about a C+.  Number 1 seller?  What's the category:  Worse in dyson sales?

I recall in October 2008 I made a visit to the local BEST BUY store to buy a HOOVER TTI TEMPO for $70.   Conspicuously displayed on the end cap space was a DC18 but the shelf signage said a DC24.  When I asked about the the contradiction in models, the BB associate said most people never notice the difference.  He commented that dyson's DC18 was a better seller than the newer DC24.  He said both models were not really selling well and weren't for awhile.  Hence, the reason for the switch out. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Mar 4, 2009 by CarmineD
Trebor

Reply #13   Mar 4, 2009 1:31 pm
CarmineD wrote

I recall in October 2008 I made a visit to the local BEST BUY store to buy a HOOVER TTI TEMPO for $70.   Conspicuously displayed on the end cap space was a DC18 but the shelf signage said a DC24.  When I asked about the the contradiction in models, the BB associate said most people never notice the difference.  He commented that dyson's DC18 was a better seller than the newer DC24.  He said both models were not really selling well and weren't for awhile.  Hence, the reason for the switch out. 

Carmine D.

The customers did not notice the 18 instead of a 24 in TWO INCH numerals? 

Sounds like a Dyson customer all right.

CarmineD

Reply #14   Mar 4, 2009 1:47 pm
In fairness to BEST BUY customers, I really believe too that the BB store staff preferred dyson's DC18 over the newer DC24.  I do, so I might be prejudiced in my view of their perspective. 

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #15   Mar 6, 2009 5:49 pm
CarmineD wrote:

Carmine D.

HARDSELL wrote:
DIB, please do not pull a number out of your rear like some would.

Does it matter how many are sold?  Fact is it can still be a #1 seller with no numbers quoted.

Hardsell,

Thanks for the challenge.  Here's what resulted > See how Dyson technologies are selling at some of the big box stores...

Replies: 6 - 15 of 15Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42