Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Oreck sues Dyson TWICE over Dyson's advertised claim of - “No Loss of Suction”...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Original Message   Mar 1, 2009 5:50 pm
Story here:  http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/40463852.html

This message was modified Mar 1, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 59 - 68 of 150Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
HARDSELL

Reply #59   Jul 22, 2009 1:58 pm
CarmineD wrote:
If it is't my two best dyson friends pairing up again.  Business must be bad to have you both here at the same time posting.

DIB, very simple on the bagless models for typical bagged brands.  They are cloning your fave brand and selling cheaper in a down vacuum market/economy to push your high priced brand out!  Dyson may go the same way as halo, and one od the clones might buy up dyson's patent rights dirt cheap.  That's what happens in down markets. 

HS, ORECK did better than your fave brand in 2008 and so far in 2009.  How do I know?  Tom ORECK told me and all others so on national news [FNN].  It's been posted here.  That's why a host of other vacuum brands including the latest Garry are imitating ORECK's giveaways and lightweight products.  Your fave brand too.  As I said, ORECK bought the rights to the competition at bargain basement prices.  Why?  Eliminate the competition.  

Carmine D. 

Again, what are those figures.  I missed them.  I believe that you have said that Dyson fudged on his numbers.  I would class Oreck below Dyson in honesty, therefore I need something other than an Oreck's word.

Dyson is not exactly competition for Oreck.  Dyson buyers prefer cleaning power over gimmick gifts and a machine that has to be rebuilt annually (at best).

CarmineD

Reply #60   Jul 22, 2009 2:47 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Again, what are those figures.  I missed them.  I believe that you have said that Dyson fudged on his numbers.  I would class Oreck below Dyson in honesty, therefore I need something other than an Oreck's word.

Dyson is not exactly competition for Oreck.  Dyson buyers prefer cleaning power over gimmick gifts and a machine that has to be rebuilt annually (at best).

HS:

You know that ORECK's sales numbers are proprietary information and released to the public only on a need to know bases.  I'll be as specific about Tom Oreck's remarks on the ORECK financial results for 2008 aired on FNN [which BTW he made in January 2009] as Tom.  ORECK was the first vacuum brand in the industry to comment on 2008 sales results.  What about your fave brand?  Missing in action? 

I'll paraphrase Tom's comments, which were posted here from the FNN video clip:  2008 ORECK sales were not as good as hoped and predicted BUT were much better than many of our leading competitors' brands.  That's all that really matters.  Dyson and ORECK are competitors.  Most recently since the DC18 Slim for $469 then DC24 ball for $399 which compete head on with ORECK.  The Slim is gone.  Discontinued by dyson.  DC24 is sitting unsold on shelves and will go the way of the DC18 if prices are not slashed.  Meanwhile ORECK is chugging along keeping its competition at bay.  So waht dysons do you and DIB own and use?

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #61   Jul 22, 2009 3:26 pm
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

You know that ORECK's sales numbers are proprietary information and released to the public only on a need to know bases.  I'll be as specific about Tom Oreck's remarks on the ORECK financial results for 2008 aired on FNN [which BTW he made in January 2009] as Tom.  ORECK was the first vacuum brand in the industry to comment on 2008 sales results.  What about your fave brand?  Missing in action? 

I'll paraphrase Tom's comments, which were posted here from the FNN video clip:  2008 ORECK sales were not as good as hoped  and predicted BUT were much better than many of our leading competitors' brands.  That's all that really matters.  Dyson and ORECK are competitors.  Most recently since the DC18 Slim for $469 then DC24 ball for $399 which compete head on with ORECK.  The Slim is gone.  Discontinued by dyson.  DC24 is sitting unsold on shelves and will go the way of the DC18 if prices are not slashed.  Meanwhile ORECK is chugging along keeping its competition at bay.  So waht dysons do you and DIB own and use?

Carmine D.

CarmineD wrote:
Disagree.  I bought mine and 4 others new for $150 plus shipping and handling.  Now over 2 years old and still going strong.  Same as the others that I gifted away.  They are revered by their users.   ORECK had a stellar year in 2008 and so far this year.  While most vacuum brand sales suffered and fell drastically. 

Carmine D.

Ol Tom's statement does not sound as stellar as yours.  Of course we have come to expect exagerations from you. 
HARDSELL

Reply #62   Jul 22, 2009 3:32 pm
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

I'll paraphrase Tom's comments, which were posted here from the FNN video clip:  2008 ORECK sales were not as good as hoped and predicted BUT were much better than many of our leading competitors' brandsThat's all that really matters.  Dyson and ORECK are competitors.  Most recently since the DC18 Slim for $469 then DC24 ball for $399 which compete head on with ORECK.  The Slim is gone.  Discontinued by dyson.  DC24 is sitting unsold on shelves and will go the way of the DC18 if prices are not slashed.  Meanwhile ORECK is chugging along keeping its competition at bay.  So waht dysons do you and DIB own and use?

Carmine D.

You previously told us that Hoover sales were above other brands.  Of course they went broke so yes, it is not all that matters.

Fewer sales and greater profits are longer lasting than high sales and low (or no) profits.

CarmineD

Reply #63   Jul 22, 2009 6:06 pm
HS:

Both TTI/HOOVER and ORECK beat sales numbers of their competitors for 2008 and so far in 2009.  Even Consumer Reports made that claim for HOOVER/TTI: Leading brand seeller.  That makes them both have stellar years.  The leaders are always the winners.  ORECK and TTI/HOOVER are the winners.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #64   Jul 22, 2009 6:12 pm
So would the dyson twins [HS/DIB] like to tell us which new dyson models they have purchased and used in their own homes so far this year? 
  • The newest full size ball for $500?
  • The lightweight ball for $400? 
  • The midget DC22 cann with digital motor for $700 and 7 inch cleaning swath?  Remember the dealer dyson that premiered at the VDTA in Feb 2009 and then disappeared!  Only to show up in a few big box retailers.
  • One of the latest handhelds like the DC30/31 for $250-$275 that runs for 10 minutes [in the slow mode and 5 in high] on a charge? 
  • The DC27, a regurgitated DC17 with a few extra more tools, for $479.  Launched at Sam's Club in October 2008.  How many customer reviews to date?  5 so far in 8 months.  Wow!  That's a real success/sales winner.
  • DC28 for $600?  Your fave company finally realized that some US homes with a variety of rugs/carpets actually do require a manual height adjustment.  475 dyson engineers and almost 8 years later of selling/telling the US vacuum public a self-adjusting brush head nozzle is the best for them and Sir James gets an epiphany.  What industry innovation:  A manual rug height adjustment!  Of course like all things dyson it comes with a huge price.

You bought so many that you needed a dyson ball barrow to take them home in!  Another innovative dyson advance that disappeared into oblivion, like the contra rotating washers and air blade hand dryers.  But alas all is not lost.  If some maker decides to steal the so much in demand product patents, Sir James and his merry band of high paid lawyers can sue.  That's one way to make money when the products don't sell in the market.  Of course the lawyers get most if not all of the proceeds in retainers and legal fees!  Now that's innovation. Full employment for the surplus supply of US lawyers! 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 22, 2009 by CarmineD
retardturtle1

Reply #65   Jul 22, 2009 8:27 pm
CarmineD wrote:
So would the dyson twins [HS/DIB] like to tell us which new dyson models they have purchased and used in their own homes so far this year? 
  • The newest full size ball for $500?
  • The lightweight ball for $400? 
  • The midget DC22 cann with digital motor for $700 and 7 inch cleaning swath?  Remember the dealer dyson that premiered at the VDTA in Feb 2009 and then disappeared!  Only to show up in a few big box retailers.
  • One of the latest handhelds like the DC30/31 for $250-$275 that runs for 10 minutes [in the slow mode and 5 in high] on a charge? 
  • The DC27, a regurgitated DC17 with a few extra more tools, for $479.  Launched at Sam's Club in October 2008.  How many customer reviews to date?  5 so far in 8 months.  Wow!  That's a real success/sales winner.
  • DC28 for $600?  Your fave company finally realized that some US homes with a variety of rugs/carpets actually do require a manual height adjustment.  475 dyson engineers and almost 8 years later of selling/telling the US vacuum public a self-adjusting brush head nozzle is the best for them and Sir James gets an epiphany.  What industry innovation:  A manual rug height adjustment!  Of course like all things dyson it comes with a huge price.

You bought so many that you needed a dyson ball barrow to take them home in!  Another innovative dyson advance that disappeared into oblivion, like the contra rotating washers and air blade hand dryers.  But alas all is not lost.  If some maker decides to steal the so much in demand product patents, Sir James and his merry band of high paid lawyers can sue.  That's one way to make money when the products don't sell in the market.  Of course the lawyers get most if not all of the proceeds in retainers and legal fees!  Now that's innovation. Full employment for the surplus supply of US lawyers! 

Carmine D.

HI CARMINE

Well i see youve been busy  today....ruffled some feathers i see.   But you forgot to mention high end....when speaking of the dysons.

to justify his  massively  overpriced vacuums that are continuously beat year after year by the under $100 HOOVERS....same quality or better, better performer. and at a far lower price....and so what if he did this or that first...some saw /capitalized on his errors and are making the technology better and applying it to what they have....been going on in the auto industry for years.  Dyson foots the bill...comp. makes what he has better...and at a far-far lower price..all is fair in love and war...so they are gonna have to get over it ...deal with it....SHARKnow has a new vacuum ..direct comp and performance as dyson....under $200..w/ same quality and warr. ...so how do all the copycats make the same vac  with same perf- life- features....yet at a far lower price. Dyson could only wish to have the sucess and lifespan of the orecks....simple design  that works year aft year...durability beyond most all others...and at  $199......WHY COMPLICATE  IT .... dyson...they are niche vac at best for a few...but an industry leader they are not nor will ever be....nobody within a 100 mi  will touch/service  one or take as trade in discount.....thrift stores are full of them...pawn shops wont take them  ..if there are so many dyson lovers then get together and send in your address to them as a nation wide service center so all can have a place to send them ....this way dyson will quit  sendg  DYSON CUSTOMERS  to those  shops that  have already called them and asked them to stop sending  their  DYSON  problems...become a dyson network....its freedom of choice..if shops dont want anything to do with dysons......thats freedom of choice...freedom of opinion

This message was modified Jul 22, 2009 by retardturtle1
CarmineD

Reply #66   Jul 22, 2009 9:28 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine,

Perhaps you could get your buddy to support you and join you...  you know him, the so-called Dyson dealer who’s nailed many Dyson’s to the floor with his garbage side-by-side demo’s. - None of which demonstrate the Sack N Choke filters drastic drop in suction....  If you’ve forgotten, the dealer I’m talking of is the guy you said bought into a dealer program only for/mostly for the warranty work.

DIB

DIB:

Either your facts are skewed and/or you have a vivid imagination for making up tales completely unrelated to my posts.

In the past, I noted here in LV that there are two independent  vacuum cleaner store owners and operators [not counting ORECK] with dyson related work.  Both these stores deal in all makes and models.  One is an authorized dyson dealer and has been for awhile.  He is THE AUTHORIZED DYSON DEALER for North Las Vegas.  One is not a dyson dealer and has no plans to be.  Both sell dysons only if specifically requested and then with reservations.  One sells just used dysons [from trades and unclaimed repairs].  One sells new and used dysons.  Both are also authorized sales and service dealers for most other vacuum brands: RICCAR, SIMPLICITY, BOSCH, PANASONIC, MIELE etc. 

The non-dyson dealer has been inundated with dyson repairs both in and out of warranty.  He has found that many of the dyson repairs go undone/unclaimed due to the high costs of dyson parts and service.  He asked me if I would be interested in a part time job repairing/refurbing these dysons.  He is by the way a friend of my son-in-law and daughter.  They go to the same Church and are members of the same ward.  He is a practicing Mormon in good standing as are my SIL and daughter.  I turned him down on several occasions for fear that the part time job would end in a full time job. 

The other is a full fledged dyson dealer, tho as I explained he refuses to sell anymore new DC25 models because of the defective motor wiring harnesses.  I don't know what his religion is.  I mentioned here that in a recent visit to his store there were at least 6 or more DC07 and DC14 models in need of repairs for clutch related problems.  He was waiting for the okays on these from the customers before doing the work.  He opined that he would not be surprised if he did not get the okays and instead the customers traded in for other brands.  In which case he would salvage the dysons for parts and/or rebuild and sell as used to customers who insist on buying.

Carmine D.

dusty

Reply #67   Jul 22, 2009 9:31 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:

...SHARKnow has a new vacuum ..direct comp and performance as dyson....under $200..w/ same quality and warr. ...so how do all the copycats make the same vac  with same perf- life- features....yet at a far lower price.

I think this is a bit of a stretch. We throw out more Shark vacuums  than any other unit we come across and we also hear the most complaints about their customer service. There is no comparison between the quality of it and the quality of a Dyson, Eureka, Hoover or whatever other brand name you can toss about.  Sharks warranty also requires that the user pay the shipping costs.  Nice money maker for the company.

Dusty
CarmineD

Reply #68   Jul 22, 2009 9:49 pm
PS for DIB from my previous post:

The ORECK stores here in LV repair and sell parts for most other brands EXCEPT dysons.  When customers come in/call about dyson parts and repairs, the ORECK stores here in LV direct them to dyson.  End of story.

I HAVE SAID HERE ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS IF I WERE STILL IN THE VACUUM BUSINESS TODAY I WOULD PROBABLY CARRY THE DYSON LINE JUST TO GET THE PARTS AND WARRANTY WORK. 

I can only opine that from my hypothetical statement you fabricated your version of the story you posted as a fact of statement I made.  If I'm wrong and you have my post as evidence, please correct me here and post it so I can/will apologize to you.

Carmine D.

Replies: 59 - 68 of 150Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42