Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Oreck sues Dyson TWICE over Dyson's advertised claim of - “No Loss of Suction”...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Original Message   Mar 1, 2009 5:50 pm
Story here:  http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/40463852.html

This message was modified Mar 1, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 39 - 48 of 150Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Venson

Reply #39   Apr 16, 2009 2:17 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hi Venson:

I agree with a huge caveat.  Like the Beatle's Song:  It's getting better all the time.  The internal gas combustion engine is improving [tho incrementally] and is now leaps and bounds over its early days design and function.  It will be the mainstay of the auto industry for decades to come despite the hybrids.  Like the direct path suction upright.  Here forever.  Sanitaire, KIRBY, ORECK ......................

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

Yeah, but look what happened to John Lennon . . .

I'd still like to see more forward movement toward alternative fuels whether man-produced or solar electricity or natural like ethanol and recycled cooking oil. Whatever works is fine by me and even better if it is minimally disruptive or destructive in regard to the environment. Oil's okay by me too but I should like to begin to feel no need to worry over hindrance from whoever has a hand on the valves in the oil fields. All we have to do is start thinking and acting before the well runs dry.

Our problem here is that we are so used to simple luxury -- many of which the most simple, to the rest of the world, are just sweet dreams. We forget that the things we receive are not promised or ours by right but are purely blessings for which we have no guarantee. Unfortunately, that idea doesn't come to mind until we're lined up in our cars because of fuel rationing or facing exorbitant prices. I think it's better to bolster up the house BEFORE the inevitable storm than afterward.

As for vacuums, there are some plain and design ideas that will remain around and giving good service a long time as well. Not everybody feels the need or want for the latest doo-dads. By the way, it just occurred to me that the Air-Rider canister is officially dead. True?

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #40   Apr 16, 2009 4:53 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

Yeah, but look what happened to John Lennon . . .

I'd still like to see more forward movement toward alternative fuels whether man-produced or solar electricity or natural like ethanol and recycled cooking oil. Whatever works is fine by me and even better if it is minimally disruptive or destructive in regard to the environment. Oil's okay by me too but I should like to begin to feel no need to worry over hindrance from whoever has a hand on the valves in the oil fields. All we have to do is start thinking and acting before the well runs dry.

Our problem here is that we are so used to simple luxury -- many of which the most simple, to the rest of the world, are just sweet dreams. We forget that the things we receive are not promised or ours by right but are purely blessings for which we have no guarantee. Unfortunately, that idea doesn't come to mind until we're lined up in our cars because of fuel rationing or facing exorbitant prices. I think it's better to bolster up the house BEFORE the inevitable storm than afterward.

As for vacuums, there are some plain and design ideas that will remain around and giving good service a long time as well. Not everybody feels the need or want for the latest doo-dads. By the way, it just occurred to me that the Air-Rider canister is officially dead. True?

Venson

Hi Venson:

You should run for national office!  I'd campaign and vote for you.

WRT the Air Rider, I hadn't officially heard of its demise.  But, in the current economic environment, I'm not the least surprised.  More will go from niche to naught.  Why?  Consumers are "trading down" in the current hard times.  As a result, they acquire frugal spending habits that last long after the good days return.  It's a double whammy for high priced niche consumer goods, like the Air Rider.

Carmine D.

Acerone

Reply #41   Apr 21, 2009 11:38 pm
Look close when watching this Video... What do you see "read" on the canister.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr-aT8sYNN8
CarmineD

Reply #42   Apr 22, 2009 3:02 am
Hello Acerone:

Hard to miss.  Gotta love it! 

WRT rug cleaning by the Dual V.  Note the build up of dirt where the rug meets the wall/floor moldingas the user goes over with the Dual V.  The Dual V won't get that out unless and user has to get down with a hand brush and clean to do the job completely.  An upright with good edge cleaning will prevent that dirt build up in the rug and molding seam.  Like ORECK!

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #43   Apr 22, 2009 12:53 pm
Acerone wrote:

Talking about printed labels on vacuum canisters, I recently repaired a EUREKA BOSS Smart Vac upright for the local Church.  Plastered on the front bag compartment cover were two big bold labels:  Rated a Best Buy by Consumers' Digest.  And Outcleans dyson by 60 percent for half the money.  In hard economic times, these advertising labels sell product!  People looking at a $100-$130 upright repair bill will buy a new vacuum like the EUREKA for a few dollars more.  Typically the EUREKA BOSS Smart Vac upright sells for $135-$150 at most big box retailers and while not made in the USA, it is made in Mexico, our next door neighbor. 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #44   Apr 22, 2009 5:39 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Talking about printed labels on vacuum canisters, I recently repaired a EUREKA BOSS Smart Vac upright for the local Church.  Plastered on the front bag compartment cover were two big bold labels:  Rated a Best Buy by Consumers' Digest.  And Outcleans dyson by 60 percent for half the money.  In hard economic times, these advertising labels sell product!  People looking at a $100-$130 upright repair bill will buy a new vacuum like the EUREKA for a few dollars more.  Typically the EUREKA BOSS Smart Vac upright sells for $135-$150 at most big box retailers and while not made in the USA, it is made in Mexico, our next door neighbor. 

Carmine D.

Too bad that it takes lies to sell.
CarmineD

Reply #45   Apr 23, 2009 6:43 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Too bad that it takes lies to sell.

Besides Consumer Digest selecting the EUREKA BOSS Smart Vac as its best vacuum year over year, Consumer Reports typically [year over year] recommends the $150 EUREKA Smart Vac upright over the more expensive uprights, dyson models in particular.  In fact, CR uses a dyson pic in its subscription literature with an admonition that spending more doesn't buy the best and shows a pic of the EUREKA for $150.

I know you didn't particularly care for the EUREKA BOSS SMART Vac, but I understand the Outreach Ministry at the Church use the EUREKA for vacuuming in the homes of the home bound/shut ins.  They were happy, according to the Pastor, and please to have it back in service. 

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #46   Apr 23, 2009 6:32 pm
Acerone wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr-aT8sYNN8

CarmineD wrote:
Hello Acerone:

Hard to miss.  Gotta love it! 

WRT rug cleaning by the Dual V.  Note the build up of dirt where the rug meets the wall/floor moldingas the user goes over with the Dual V.  The Dual V won't get that out unless and user has to get down with a hand brush and clean to do the job completely.  An upright with good edge cleaning will prevent that dirt build up in the rug and molding seam.  Like ORECK!

Carmine D.

re: No Loss of Suction taken from Dyson.
More proof TTI is “stuck for an answer” when it comes to innovation (mechanical or marketing).  TTI gets it’s ideas two ways primarily...  1)  Whatever it INHERITS from the purchases of Hoover, Dirt Devil, VAX and 2) Whatever it TAKES from Dyson and others.

Hey Carmine, was there any laws broken when you through out the two goofs who were hurting a potential vacuum sale (two brothers if I remember).  How much would you of lost...  $60 or so?  And how many employees would you have to lay off?  None? One? Or Two?  Why do you cheer when a mans hard work is pilfered to the tune of [potentially] multi-millions lost and potentially hundreds of [folks w/ families] jobs lost?.  There is nothing to “love” or celebrate.  If thieves and the lazy were eliminated, the quality of life for the masses would skyrocket.

DIB
This message was modified Apr 23, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #47   Apr 24, 2009 7:54 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:

Hey Carmine, was there any laws broken when you through out the two goofs who were hurting a potential vacuum sale (two brothers if I remember).  How much would you of lost...  $60 or so? 

DIB

No potential sale.  I made the sale:  Rebuilt HOOVER 29 upright with attachments for $34.95 with a one year warranty.  Another satisfied customer.  It's never about the money/profit.  It's about making the sale with the best product to meet the customer's needs and budget.  That's how you stay in business for over 40 plus years with no customer complaints.

As I recall the judge said:  If a man's home is his castle, then his business is his kingdom.  And His Honor threw the case out.  I even got my screwdriver back. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #48   Apr 24, 2009 8:45 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
re: No Loss of Suction taken from Dyson.
More proof TTI is “stuck for an answer” when it comes to innovation (mechanical or marketing).  TTI gets it’s ideas two ways primarily...  1)  Whatever it INHERITS from the purchases of Hoover, Dirt Devil, VAX and 2) Whatever it TAKES from Dyson and others.

.............Why do you cheer when a mans hard work is pilfered to the tune of [potentially] multi-millions lost and potentially hundreds of [folks w/ families] jobs lost?.  There is nothing to “love” or celebrate.  If thieves and the lazy were eliminated, the quality of life for the masses would skyrocket.

DIB

Yes, but it would sacrifice suction pick up power more than you might imagine.

Carmine D.

Replies: 39 - 48 of 150Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42