Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Bagless Kirby, Testing the Keeler conversion

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Trebor

Bagless Kirby, Testing the Keeler conversion
Original Message   Feb 27, 2009 5:04 pm
A week ago I accquired a rebuilt G4 and today spent the last few hours testing the machine with a Keeler bagless conversion. Whoa! It is fabulous!

I had vacuumed thoroughly for the last three days with the paper bag on the Kirby, and also with my Rainbow D4SE with an E2 P/N. The KIrby sucked up the carpet one notch higher with the conversion than with the bag and held it there while vacuuming, both with the Tech drive engaged and off. The dirt did not swirl in the dust container as I thought it might, but it doesn't matter. The improved dirt pickup is astonishing, on carpet, area rugs, level loop, anything. After 2 hrs of almost continuous operation, the motor was no hotter than if I had been running it with a bag, and dirt was still accumulating in the jar. I emptied it, lightly brushed the filter and continued vacuuming.

The upright pushes a lot smoother  with the conversion as opposed to the bag, but scatter rugs are harder to vacuum, they are sucked up more easily. The hand portable on the steps is more balanced with the Keeler conversion, and the Zippbrush just screams. The bagless conversion really is a quantuum jump in performance. Way to go Jim!

Trebor

This message was modified Mar 5, 2009 by Trebor
Replies: 1 - 13 of 13View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 13 of 13View as Thread
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42