Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Appreciate feedback on Hoover S3825.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
fredcrn

Appreciate feedback on Hoover S3825.
Original Message   Feb 22, 2009 9:34 am
Saw this canister vacuum at Costco for $189. Afraid I have no clue when it comes to vacuums. Can anyone tell me if this is a decent machine?
Thanks in advance.
Fred
Replies: 5 - 14 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Venson

Re: Appreciate feedback on Hoover S3825.
Reply #5   Feb 22, 2009 10:18 pm
fredcrn wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Went ahead and purchased it. Price was right and I needed something now. Have a pretty good upright, but the house we're in now is better suited to a canister.<BR>Fred

Hi Fred,

Hope the new vac works well. If you're of a mind, please get back to us later on and let us know how you rate it.

Best,

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #6   Feb 23, 2009 3:25 pm
fredcrn wrote:
Didn't know that Hoover was Chinese. Fred

TTI Group owns TTI Floorcare of North America, a subsidiary, with corporate headquarters in Glenwillow, Ohio.  TTI Group's owners, Board of Directors, and executive management, reflect the same diversity of the countries in which the multi-national conglomerate operates.  Global investors own it.  TTI Floorcare of North America includes other vacuum brands in addition to HOOVER such as Royal, founded in the USA in 1905, Regina, Dirt Devil, and Vax. 

Dyson's DC18 Slim uprights were made in Malaysia [south east Asia] and sold beginning in 2006 with a 5 year limited warranty.  Dyson's Slim has been discontinued/discounted by major US retailers for months.  It's original MSRP was $469.  New with a 5 year warranty they are $349 and even less on clearance.  I would not buy a 2 year old plus refurbed/repacked DC18's for $200 from eBay sellers, even so-called dyson dealers.  At any given time, eBay has hundreds of refurbed/repacked dyson Slims.  These are either customer returns/customer trade-in's since all are still under their original warranty period, which btw is at risk [voided/shortened] unless you pay more for an extended service plan.      

Carmine D.

lazaruspup

Reply #7   Feb 23, 2009 4:48 pm
Speaking from experience do not buy a Dyson unless you are sure of the warranty. I've never had a problem with their warranties, but if you are our of warranty, the $$$ of repairs is significant.
HARDSELL

Reply #8   Feb 23, 2009 5:11 pm
lazaruspup wrote:
Speaking from experience do not buy a Dyson unless you are sure of the warranty. I've never had a problem with their warranties, but if you are our of warranty, the $$$ of repairs is significant.

Same could be said of any brand.
CarmineD

Reply #9   Feb 23, 2009 5:29 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Same could be said of any brand.

Hello HARDSELL:

While true, we are specifically talking about a dyson DC18 refurb/repack for $200 not another brand.  Dyson DC 18 Slim refurbs/repacks number in the hundreds on eBay at any given time.  The repacks/refurbs sold by so called dyson dealers do not come with the original dyson 5 year warranty.  These vacuums are essentially sold as "used."   To ensure a sellers' warranty, the buyers must be willing to pay an additional amount[s] for extended service plans.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #10   Feb 24, 2009 7:45 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello HARDSELL:

While true, we are specifically talking about a dyson DC18 refurb/repack for $200 not another brand.  Dyson DC 18 Slim refurbs/repacks number in the hundreds on eBay at any given time.  The repacks/refurbs sold by so called dyson dealers do not come with the original dyson 5 year warranty.  These vacuums are essentially sold as "used."   To ensure a sellers' warranty, the buyers must be willing to pay an additional amount[s] for extended service plans.

Carmine D.

Somehow I missed the word Dyson in the title of this thread.  Don't know what I was thinking since Dyson is mentioned in all threads.  I know James is flattered to be the standard for comparison.

CarmineD

Reply #11   Feb 24, 2009 8:11 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Fred,

I can never recommend Chinese owned Hoover because they are primarily a knock-off company.

Canisters are great but, If interested...
On eBay (last week) I saw Dyson dealer[s] selling refurbished Dyson DC18 Slim’s for $200-$240 w/warrantees, no tax and free shipping.

DIB

HARDSELL wrote:

Somehow I missed the word Dyson in the title of this thread.  Don't know what I was thinking since Dyson is mentioned in all threads.  I know James is flattered to be the standard for comparison.

One poster here is "stuck on dyson" for all vacuum questions.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #12   Feb 24, 2009 12:16 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Fred,

I can never recommend Chinese owned Hoover because they are primarily a knock-off company.

Canisters are great but, If interested...
On eBay (last week) I saw Dyson dealer[s] selling refurbished Dyson DC18 Slim’s for $200-$240 w/warrantees, no tax and free shipping.

DIB
fredcrn wrote:
Thanks for the reply.
Didn't know that Hoover was Chinese. Guess time will tell if the product is any good.
Fred

... just for clarity.  Quality or performance is not my issue with Hoover.  Their blatant taking from others is.

Best,
DIB
This message was modified Feb 24, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #13   Feb 25, 2009 3:24 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
... just for clarity.  Quality or performance is not my issue with Hoover.  Their blatant taking from others is.

Best,
DIB

WRT the HOOVER S3825 and Fred's question, both quality/performance make this model a viable contender as a bagless canister.   It's heritage is VAX, a decent and reliable brand, now incorporated into TTI Floorcare of North America, the parent of HOOVER amd other American born vacuum brands.  The S3825 price of $189 is very good and COSTCO has a very liberal return policy if dissatisfied with the purchase.  Besides being bagless, a feature I don't like in full size canisters, it lacks one more feature I would prefer that it had:  The gold standard of carpet cleaning and grooming:  HOOVER WindTunnel technology.   Even at an additional $50 cost to the canister price, I would recommend the WT feature which is found on the H-S3755/S3765-040.  It makes a marked difference in time and effort of vacuuming.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #14   Feb 25, 2009 4:20 pm
With regards to filtration... this fella got a good price.        DIB
This message was modified Feb 25, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 5 - 14 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42