Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson vacuum & other vacuum related videos & photos...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Dyson vacuum & other vacuum related videos & photos...
Original Message   Nov 22, 2007 12:23 am
1)  Nov 21, 2007 James Dyson t.v. commercial parodied on Saturday Night Live.

2)  March 17, 2009:  While many independent vacuum dealers bad-mouth, lie of and/or dismiss James Dyson and his teams contributions, many others champion the man.  Watch James Dyson in his element - in his Malmesbury Headquarters.  NBC’s “Today Show”  http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&vid=71fa9222-10d2-413c-bf31-0007895697ac

2)  Older video news:  I could not resist...  A Hottie car-news chick mentions the rumor of Dyson working with car makers, and Oreck gets a mention too (funny).

www.blinkx.com/video/hamann-stallion-audi-a7-fast-lane-daily-24jun08/JQ18e2m7y5hiULCgEQWSvw

This message was modified Oct 28, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 267 - 276 of 316Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Re: Dyson & other vacuum related videos & photos...
Reply #267   Feb 13, 2009 7:40 pm
I for one am grateful seeing how this particular independent dealer con works.  What he lacks in “good” science he more than makes up with falsehoods.  Below is a screen capture of the self-appointed and so-called “YouTube Consumer Reporter” pressing the thumb release on the pre-filter cover and creating the desired air leak.  The “Nailed To The Floor” Dyson prop took the fall as scripted.  These cons are the biggest reason many have never, nor will ever walk into a dealer and spend money.

DIB

Pre-filter compartment is loosened @ min 4:44 of video.

This message was modified Feb 13, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #268   Feb 13, 2009 8:19 pm
DIB:

That's a fuzzy incomplete picture to use as proof positive for the statements that the DC07 is nailed down and Gerry is pulling off a con.  I don't see what you see in this picture.  

I have to ask myself the question why Gerry would try to con, when it is so easy for you/any other dyson customer, who is so inclined and has a particle counter, to perform the same dyson test on youtube and rebutt the findings so easily?  

Clearly, the counter readings for the MIELE which go down to zero for air pollutants and contaminants in short order, even with all the kapoc, dirt, etc. in its bag from the dyson dirt bin, is a solid and legitimate reading.  Or, do you think Gerry finagled that zero reading too? 

MIELE makes the claim that its HEPA filter system is completely sealed 100 percent.  Dyson doesn't and probably can't.  Surely, Gerry could easily make that point for MIELE using the proof from MIELE's particle counter readings without ever testing dyson with the counter. 

Just doesn't jibe in my mind as it does in yours. 

Carmine D. 

This message was modified Feb 13, 2009 by CarmineD
Venson

Reply #269   Feb 13, 2009 8:21 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
I for one am grateful seeing how this particular independent dealer con works.  What he lacks in “good” science he more than makes up with falsehoods.  Below is a screen capture of the self-appointed and so-called “YouTube Consumer Reporter” pressing the thumb release on the pre-filter cover and creating the desired air leak.  The “Nailed To The Floor” Dyson prop took the fall as scripted.  These cons are the biggest reason many have never, nor will ever walk into a dealer and spend money.

DIB

Pre-filter compartment is loosened @ min 4:44 of video.

Hi DIB,

Take a look at hte following link -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm_QhQrrNMA

I can't think of a con any bigger than this.  He uses the Kirby to clean and then uses the Dyson to clean and it of course picks up more dirt.  The way I see it -- Forget comparison.  Use the Dyson once, empty it and use once more.  If you still find more dirt what's proved?  Dyson isn't much different than any other other vacuum cleaner.

Venson
dusty

Reply #270   Feb 14, 2009 12:59 am
Personally I find good ole Jerry to be nothing more than a Miele salesman who uses whatever little trick he can to promote his product.  Unbiased consumer reporter?  I think not.  Good salesman, most definitely...if you count half truths as being part of his skill. If you look at his website the only machine he recommends is Miele, everything else is just a poor substitute.

Carmine, as an Oreck user and proponent of the product, tell me what you think of Jerrys take on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2ZQV-hZ_3M

While I'm not as sold on the Oreck as you are I certainly don't agree with everything he puts forth and for that matter I can say the same for any of his videos.  I also wonder why he no longer allows comments on his work.  Seems kind of odd for an unbiased consumer reporter not to allow feedback on what he's putting out there.

Dusty
CarmineD

Reply #271   Feb 14, 2009 7:11 am
Hello Dusty:

Gerry Rubin is, after all, an advocate and believer in MIELE.  Regardless of what your vacuum preferences, MIELE is a top shelf, premium made and performing home vacuum cleaner.  NOw it is in the upright market too.  Is Gerry Rubin any better/worse than any other vacuum proponent who pitches his/her product?  After all, that's what sales people do.  By not accepting feedback, does this detract from Gerry's salesmanship?  Just as Gerry does, any proponent of another vacuum product with an opposing view of the MIELE and/or proof to rebutt Gerry's findings about their products can do so on youtube too.  So there is a venue for rebuttal and feedback

WRT ORECK everything Gerry said and demonstrated is true to my knowledge save one: Scratching the bare floor.  Not true in real life.  Certainly, it is possible with the right circumstances but highly unlikely based on the ORECK's undercarriage design and function.  To my knowledge, and I'm happy to hear contrary comments, I have never heard/read and witnessed a single complaint to this effect about ORECK in its entire history of business of over 45 years. 

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #272   Feb 14, 2009 9:08 am
Hi,

I wish we could get beyond this because, as always, this a matter of preference. Personally, I don't particularly like Oreck. Lowest upright scores 39 and highest 73, CR gave the Oreck XL Deluxe U3760HH an overall score of 51. Nonetheless, it did it as good in carpet cleaning but, then again, what's wrong with "good"? Despite Jerry and the particle meter, CR claims Orecks emissions as excellent. That said, to me the main advantage of Oreck is that it is a light and simple to operate machine and owners might be more inclined to use it more frequently than heavier, more complex cleaning artillery. What does owning a fancy Kirby, Rainbow, Miele or anything else mean if the owner feels they're too much work to use it?

Though Mr. Oreck may not allow for buyer comments on his website Consumer Reports does, epinions.com does -- just to point out a couple of spots online where buyer sentiment is looked on as valid. From 19 CR owner reviews shown per the current ratings, the model mentioned averaged a four-star rating out of a possible five though most did not consider the machine quiet. They felt it did well especially on bare floors. I came away with a sense that these people would, when time came, buy another Oreck. Though I don't have the exact detail, I do know that each of those postings, positive or negative, statistically represent the thinking of x-amount of other buyers. I also know that data is important to manufacturers.

This same thing -- buyer opinion vs. consumer testing organizations -- happens with better brands that I either may like or not like. ("Better" here refers to machines made with the intention of lasting due to method of manufacture than a roll of the dice.) Would that it were that prospective buyers were more informed as to what to buy that fitted into their like, needs and manner of cleaning as opposed to the BS about "must haves".

The day of the "homemaker" is long past and the high art of cleaning too. We probably now have more single head of households -- with and without children -- than wives who work at home with husbands who provide the finances for it. That means there's a lot of folks with more things to do than worry over the rug.

Even the best of vacuums is not suitable for everyone who's looking for one. Despite all the doo-dads offered, vacuuming is still a labor intensive job. For the average person coming home from work on any given day even a high-end machine will not afford time or ease in getting dinner on the table, will not better accommodate presence of self or time to sit with a kid and help he or she work out homework or even a moment to just to put your feet up and mull over the day. Thus the job is often neglected.

As well, if in your heart of hearts you don't give a darn about vacuum maintenance why spend a lot of money on something you know you're not going to take care of?

Ideally, a super duper machine that might help compensate for neglect would be great to own but no such machines exist. It's far better to buy a decent affordable vacuum of any type that heightens your enthusiasm in regard to cleaning just enough to make you want to use it as often as you can. Oreck -- at the right price -- is that.

Venson
mole

Reply #273   Feb 14, 2009 9:25 am
So how come the consumer reporter doesnt tell you how much moneys in the miele and how inflated the parts and bags are, oh i know why miele would shut him down,

Rubin is nothing but a door to door rip off artist who supposedly has a store. I bet Rubin could not even change a cord winder on a miele.Rubin is one of the reasons that this industry is nothing but a smoke and mirror show,

98% of the public could care less about rubin and miele.......

MOLE

dusty

Reply #274   Feb 14, 2009 11:40 am
CarmineD wrote:
Gerry Rubin is, after all, an advocate and believer in MIELE.  Regardless of what your vacuum preferences, MIELE is a top shelf, premium made and performing home vacuum cleaner.  NOw it is in the upright market too.  Is Gerry Rubin any better/worse than any other vacuum proponent who pitches his/her product?  After all, that's what sales people do. 

I prefer not only to sell, but be sold  on the merits of the product I'm either showing or being shown.  If I come across someone who likes to slam other product I generally walk away and check out the other product because I wonder why they feel the need to be so negative to it. 

Dusty
CarmineD

Reply #275   Feb 14, 2009 3:33 pm
mole wrote:

Rubin is nothing but a door to door rip off artist who supposedly has a store. I bet Rubin could not even change a cord winder on a miele.Rubin is one of the reasons that this industry is nothing but a smoke and mirror show,

98% of the public could care less about rubin and miele.......

MOLE

Hello MOLE:

You'd win that bet.  Gerry Rubin is a vacuum salesman not repairman.  My preference for a vacuum professional is one that can do it all from the backroom, to the storeroom, to the showroom.  But that's just me.  Not all in the biz are the same.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #276   Feb 14, 2009 3:37 pm
dusty wrote:
I prefer not only to sell, but be sold  on the merits of the product I'm either showing or being shown.  If I come across someone who likes to slam other product I generally walk away and check out the other product because I wonder why they feel the need to be so negative to it. 

Dusty

Hi Dusty:

You always take the high road which is commendable.  Still, Gerry is a animated salesman who hits a human chord with most vacuum consumers today.  MIELE sells itself with/wo the Gerry's in the vacuum world.  I give him credit for his preference in vacuum brands and don't ding him for his bottoned down white shirt and out of retro style tie.

Carmine D.

Replies: 267 - 276 of 316Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42