Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
lazaruspup

HEPA Bags????
Original Message   Feb 4, 2009 9:03 pm
OK, just purchased a Hoover Platinum Bagged Upright and was marveling at the HEPA bag inside(Review posted for those interested). Anyone know who came up with the HEPA cloth bag first or who used it first?
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
CarmineD

Re: HEPA Bags????
Reply #1   Feb 5, 2009 6:40 am
Hello lazaruspup:

Thanks for the review of the HOOVER bagged lightweight.  Sorry to hear about the handle on the GE cann.  Enjoy your HOOVER/TTI lightweight and compact cann.

WRT your question on HEPA bags, I believe as 3M intro'ed the filtrete bags/filters and convinced the vacuum industry of the application to its products, perhaps the same is true with HEPA.  Outside the industry technology [Heating Venting Air Conditioning] adapted to vacuums with vacuum makers joining on.  May even have been a US government engineer/scientist[s] who originally designed the HEPA filter with the rights belonging to the US government. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Feb 5, 2009 by CarmineD
mark40511

Reply #2   Feb 7, 2009 2:55 am
Speaking of hepa bags........I see hepa bags available for LOTS of vacuums but I can't for the life of me find one for my Eureka Mighty Mite. I keep it in the the laundry room, it's not my main vacuum. The only thing I can find for it are the allergen paper bags.
CarmineD

Reply #3   Feb 7, 2009 6:41 am
Curious if the reason that HEPA bags are not available for the Mighty Mite is because a HEPA filter is available as after market equipment?

Carmine D.

mark40511

Reply #4   Feb 7, 2009 5:49 pm
The mighty mite I have doesn't have a hepa filter
CarmineD

Reply #5   Feb 7, 2009 6:29 pm
Is a HEPA filter available for after market install?

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #6   Feb 7, 2009 7:32 pm
mark40511 wrote:
The mighty mite I have doesn't have a hepa filter

Hi,

If you have a current Mighty Mite, the  Boss Mighty Mite-- the "pet" version -- does have a HEPA filter that may fit the lesser model.  http://www.eureka.com/index.php?option=com_productdisplay&view=productdisplay&task=getproducts&productid=39

It sell for $20 per the following link but personally I would take the cleaner into a local vac shop that carries the filter just to be sure it will fit..  http://eurekaservice.stores.yahoo.net/migmithepfil.html

Hope that helps,

Venson
mark40511

Reply #7   Feb 8, 2009 3:34 pm
The hepa bags are AWESOME though. Not only is airflow better/longer, when I change the bag there is no sign of dust/dirt at all in the bin on my Kenmore can. The microlined bags are good, but dust still escapes them. I use those in my mighty mite and the bin is full of dust...Honestly, I think the hepa bags do a better job than the hepa filters.
CarmineD

Reply #8   Feb 8, 2009 4:09 pm
If you can find and use a pre-motor HEPA filter, at least the dust/dirt overspray from the paper bags will not enter into the motor compartment and degrade motor performance and efficiency over time.

Carmine D.

Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42