Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Hoover WindTunnel versus Kenmore Progressive Vacuum cleaners

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
tomas21

Hoover WindTunnel versus Kenmore Progressive Vacuum cleaners
Original Message   Jan 2, 2009 5:20 pm
Hoover WindTunnel versus Kenmore Progressive Vacuum cleaners Hello,

I'm looking for a solid vacuum for cleaning carpets and hardwood floors. Which one of these would be recommended?

Hoover® WindTunnel™ Anniversary Edition Self-Propelled Bagged Upright

$159.00

Kenmore Progressive Upright Vacuum with Inteli-Clean System

$249.00
Replies: 33 - 42 of 44Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
tomas21

Re: Hoover WindTunnel versus Kenmore Progressive Vacuum cleaners
Reply #33   Feb 3, 2009 12:27 am
CarmineD wrote:
Thanks for the info Tom.  Very helpful and useful.  Were you ever in the vacuum business?

Carmine D.

Never in the biz but a consumer that does diligent research.

CarmineD

Reply #34   Feb 3, 2009 7:02 am
tomas21 wrote:

Never in the biz but a consumer that does diligent research.

This message was modified Feb 3, 2009 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #35   Feb 3, 2009 7:09 am
CarmineD wrote:
Nice work.  Excellent price plus the year's supply of bags.

Carmine D.
CarmineD

Reply #36   Feb 3, 2009 8:22 pm
FYI:

My dear Wife was at Kohl's today and strolled by the clearance aisle and spied a brand new HOOVER WT Powered Hand Tool new in the package.  Original price $39.95.  Clearance: $3.99 [before 30 percent off].  Such a deal!  Only one, and she bought it!  [My Valentine's Day present, she jested.  A MIELE S7 is more to my liking, I parried!  Don't even go there, she retorted.  And I didn't!].

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #37   Feb 4, 2009 8:57 am
CarmineD wrote:
. . . .My Valentine's Day present, she jested.  A MIELE S7 is more to my liking, I parried!  Don't even go there, she retorted.  And I didn't!.

Carmine D.

Keep the faith Carmine.  You've still got a birthday, Father's Day and Christmas.  Right?

Best,

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #38   Feb 4, 2009 12:59 pm
Hi Venson:

There's a reason that Mother's Day comes before Father's Day!  Actually, I have a trump card.  My dear Wife is German!  Immer Besser.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #39   Mar 3, 2009 5:43 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Venson:

The COSTCO here sold out of the WT SP Anniversary model in short order.  It had 2 pallets when I last saw a few weeks ago.  Went back this past week to pick up some movie tickets for my daughter.  Gone.  They'll be back.  Not sure the price when they return. 

Carmine D.

Hi Venson:

The local COSTCO has 2 HOOVER WT's now.  The bagless for $159 and the bagged WT SP for $189.  Not the Anniversary edition but the comparable one in silver with a 3 year warranty.  Both are HOOVER TTI and both made in Mexico like the HOOVER Maytag WT's.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #40   Mar 4, 2009 7:17 pm
Hello Venson:

Happened to be cruising the TARGET on-line vacuum pages [thanks to DIB].  Ironically, 2 of the HOOVER WT vacuums are being added to the on-line and store venues within the next 2-6 weeks.  One, the bagged WT SP Anniversary edition upright [$229] which is rated number ONE and a CR BEST BUY by Consumer Reports in March 2009.  Second, the HOOVER WT Anniversary bagless upright [$159] rated number 8 and recommended by CR.  Coincidental?  Probably not.  It's more like an intentional decision to add these 2 HOOVER models after the favorable March 2009 CR ranks and ratings.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Mar 4, 2009 by CarmineD
Venson

Reply #41   Mar 4, 2009 10:17 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Venson:<p>Happened to be cruising the TARGET on-line vacuum pages [thanks to DIB].  Ironically, 2 of the HOOVER WT vacuums are being added to the on-line and store venues within the next 2-6 weeks.  One, the bagged WT SP Anniversary edition upright [$229] which is rated number ONE and a CR BEST BUY by Consumer Reports in March 2009.  Second, the HOOVER WT Anniversary bagless upright [$159] rated number 8 and recommended by CR.  Coincidental?  Probably not.  It's more like an intentional decision to add these 2 HOOVER models after the favorable March 2009 CR ranks and ratings.</p><p>Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

I had to run into Costco today and saw they done a stock overhaul in the little vacuum nook. (I'm being polite. Today's tiny and paltry display actually made me sick that I'd ever learned to drive.) The store has suddenly ditched the silver self-propelled Hoover Wind Tunnel for a regular burgundy colored bagless upright WT model at $129.00. The Dyson D17 has reappeared -- though not by customer demand I'm sure when you take a gander at the $429.00 price tag that's been slapped on it. Don't you just love optimism?

My local store also is continuing to maintain the ridiculous $89.00 price on the Electrolux Ergorapido. (They made the mistake of actually for once having one fully charged and on display when I happened in. A useful item I think but for the price versus performance it rates a big, "So what.")

Trying to be different or just plain fishing for dollars I suppose, they have thrown in a Rug Doctor gizmo in the $400.00 rage as well. Roomba is still hanging in $229.00 and the almost obligatory Bissell with the detachable canister plus a "steam cleaner" for carpets also by Bissell. I gave the little vapor steamer by Euro Pro a good looking over and can't understand why it's not selling for $40.00 instead of $70.00.

By the way, I in no way believe that they actually sold every piece of the prior stock they had up for sale. In such cases where would it be sent. To another Costco or Overstock.com?

Best,

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #42   Mar 5, 2009 6:59 am
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

I had to run into Costco today and saw they done a stock overhaul in the little vacuum nook. (I'm being polite. Today's tiny and paltry display actually made me sick that I'd ever learned to drive.) The store has suddenly ditched the silver self-propelled Hoover Wind Tunnel for a regular burgundy colored bagless upright WT model at $129.00. The Dyson D17 has reappeared -- though not by customer demand I'm sure when you take a gander at the $429.00 price tag that's been slapped on it. Don't you just love optimism?

My local store also is continuing to maintain the ridiculous $89.00 price on the Electrolux Ergorapido. (They made the mistake of actually for once having one fully charged and on display when I happened in. A useful item I think but for the price versus performance it rates a big, "So what.")

Trying to be different or just plain fishing for dollars I suppose, they have thrown in a Rug Doctor gizmo in the $400.00 rage as well. Roomba is still hanging in $229.00 and the almost obligatory Bissell with the detachable canister plus a "steam cleaner" for carpets also by Bissell. I gave the little vapor steamer by Euro Pro a good looking over and can't understand why it's not selling for $40.00 instead of $70.00.

By the way, I in no way believe that they actually sold every piece of the prior stock they had up for sale. In such cases where would it be sent. To another Costco or Overstock.com?

Best,

Venson

Hi Venson:

The vacuum venue depends on the wherewithal of the local COSTCO store manager to a large extent.  Some know and do more with the vacuum brands/models and options than others.  I talked with the local COSTCO store manager and he says that new vacuum sales, excluding one brand for $429, are actually good daily movers.  Hence, the addition of the bagless HOOVER WT upright for $159 recently and the EUREKA BOSS Smart Vac upright some time ago.  He said it was no coincidence and/or accident that the HOOVER and EUREKA models were added after the Consumer Reports ranks and ratings.  Keep your eyes open and be on the look out.  I believe the Silver and/or even possibly the HOOVER WT SP Anniversary edition will be showing up in your local COSTCO in the next few weeks.

Not sure about the unsold items.  My gut tells me COSTCO would sell on clearance and/or return to maker for credit/exchange for merchandise more likely to sell.

Carmine D.

Replies: 33 - 42 of 44Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42